Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So i originally followed this thread to upgrade my system as it sounded pretty poor for the "premium" B&O system with the lux package. Ford should be embarrassed.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b-o-sound-system-complete-upgrade-done-✅.41031/

Instead of kickers I grabbed some Audiofrog's used for a good price. I initially put a pair of GS42's in the front corners and a GS40 mid in the center channel. Additionally I added a pair of Morel Maximo Ultra Coax 602 MKII in the kick panels. After this upgrade it definitely made a big difference over factory the factory speakers but was still missing something. I'm no audiophile but it sounded thin.

So I then stumbled across a used pair of Audiofrog GS10 tweeters. Wanting to try a component setup I needed a way to mount the tweeters. I ended up with a pair of these tweeter pods:

https://www.pods-tweeters-midrange.com/product-page/tweeter-pods-for-audiofrog

I thought of attaching the pods to the pillar but that looked like a huge pain. I decided to drill and mount them onto the existing corner speaker covers. This way if I didn't like it a new cover is cheap.

Since I am adding a tweeter I paired my center GS40 mids with them in the dash corners. I added a GS410C passive crossover made by Audiofrog for this exact speaker set.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_898GS410C/Audiofrog-GS410C.html?tp=61661

I moved one of my GS42 speakers to the center channel.

The results were amazing. The overall sound stage is significantly improved and I get surprising thumps from the 4" mids in the corners. This setup sounds so much better but it does lack the power since i'm using the factory B&O amp. With this setup I can now add a @mObridge amp later and still keep my center since I would likely retain the passive crossover.

Ford Bronco My B&O Upgrade - factory amp IMG_2875.JPG
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The AudioFrog's had the best sound of all the speakers I listened to, Infinity, Focal, JL, Kicker, JBL. I just couldn't justify the double+ price difference over the 2nd best sounding. I'm very happy with my choice, but if I was looking to go no limit budget - for sure they were at the top of the list.

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The AudioFrog's had the best sound of all the speakers I listened to, Infinity, Focal, JL, Kicker, JBL. I just couldn't justify the double+ price difference over the 2nd best sounding. I'm very happy with my choice, but if I was looking to go no limit budget - for sure they were at the top of the list.
Definitely. I only have them due to some good used deals that worked out.
Sponsored