First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While driving the kids on a dadventure, I happened to see a deer hanging around back in the woods and wanted to get a closer look.

We made our way back fairly deep into this section with no issues a little soft on the left side but nothing unmanageable. Once we got to a spot where we turned around however, the doors off - windows down idea became a welcome invitation to every mosquito in Southeastern Michigan to feast.

This in turn, allowed a hasty decision to take a new line through an extremely unforgiving obstacle.

Mistakes were made.

Ford Bronco My Bronco has a "go for it" in a devil-on-your-shoulder voice... that got me stuck in soft mud IMG_20220614_171542

Ford Bronco My Bronco has a "go for it" in a devil-on-your-shoulder voice... that got me stuck in soft mud IMG_20220614_181135

Ford Bronco My Bronco has a "go for it" in a devil-on-your-shoulder voice... that got me stuck in soft mud IMG_20220614_181121

Ford Bronco My Bronco has a "go for it" in a devil-on-your-shoulder voice... that got me stuck in soft mud IMG_20220614_181135 copy

Ford Bronco My Bronco has a "go for it" in a devil-on-your-shoulder voice... that got me stuck in soft mud IMG_20220614_181121 copy

Ford Bronco My Bronco has a "go for it" in a devil-on-your-shoulder voice... that got me stuck in soft mud IMG_20220614_181059
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sucks when it happens but a good way to gain some valuable experience.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Glad you were able to get it out! The pride will heal and you will laugh about it one day. Well we followed the GPS in the UP and the wife drove the road turned into an two track then into a trail with water on both sides and no where to turn around. So we got some custom Michigan pin stripe today. WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO OF ABUSE TO A TWO WEEK OLD BRONCO. 😳😳😢😢

OP
OP
Bonita Maria

Bonita Maria

Outer Banks
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad you were able to get it out! The pride will heal and you will laugh about it one day. Well we followed the GPS in the UP and the wife drove the road turned into an two track then into a trail with water on both sides and no where to turn around. So we got some custom Michigan pin stripe today. WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO OF ABUSE TO A TWO WEEK OLD BRONCO. 😳😳😢😢

The sqeeeeeeek of doom is clearly heard.

What was the damage?

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The sqeeeeeeek of doom is clearly heard.

What was the damage?
We agreed not to wash it until after vacation. So we aren’t upset any more than we are for the rest of the week. Looks like just a lot of scratches. I finally Austin Powers’s turn around and had to go back the same way as the “Trail” closed completely. Our words were the same. We bought the Broncos to use it was bound to happen. But we had hoped to make it more than three weeks

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While driving the kids on a dadventure, I happened to see a deer hanging around back in the woods and wanted to get a closer look.

We made our way back fairly deep into this section with no issues a little soft on the left side but nothing unmanageable. Once we got to a spot where we turned around however, the doors off - windows down idea became a welcome invitation to every mosquito in Southeastern Michigan to feast.

This in turn, allowed a hasty decision to take a new line through an extremely unforgiving obstacle.

Mistakes were made.

Ford Bronco My Bronco has a "go for it" in a devil-on-your-shoulder voice... that got me stuck in soft mud trim.E6BFEEFC-205A-495A-9D85-92D17E622A99.MOV
View attachment 340282 View attachment 340283
Ford Bronco My Bronco has a "go for it" in a devil-on-your-shoulder voice... that got me stuck in soft mud trim.E6BFEEFC-205A-495A-9D85-92D17E622A99.MOV
But at least now you’ve learned the valuable lesson that 4wd doesn’t make you invincible. You’ll be fine next time out. Everyone’s gotten stuck somewhere.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
She's out, and has had a bath but my pride might need a few days to perk back up.

Needed an extremely long cable and willing team of tow guys to get us free.
But now the kids are not going to want to go on a "dadventure" again, after being fleeced by mosquitos and being stuck in the mud. Anyway, glad you are all okay.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Me and an ex girlfriend were once off-roading when we came across a similarly scary looking pool of water in the middle of the trail. We had the great idea to try and go around through the drier looking surrounding.

It was not drier. It was in fact, very soft, and very muddy.... and we sank. Had to hire a local 4x4 recovery business to come save us lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mistakes were made.

View attachment 340282 View attachment 340283
That's brilliant! If you ain't stuck, you ain't playin' hard enough!

That's a beautiful rig. I'm not a fan of the green, but I'm digging yours.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But now the kids are not going to want to go on a "dadventure" again, after being fleeced by mosquitos and being stuck in the mud. Anyway, glad you are all okay.
If they're like my kids, it's exactly the opposite. Getting stuck would be the fun part! And misquitos...well, that's the price you pay for being outside lol.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

No lockers?