Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Took my 2022 Braptor to Johnson Valley for some high speed desert fun. Went with my son and his crew of F150 Raptors and Modified F150 to be Raptor like. Some have Mid-travels kits etc.

BRaptor V6 in Baja Mode is really impressive. Turbos and shift points were spot on. So much fun to drive. Had plenty of power. The entire vehicle felt very solid and planted even on the large washouts and whoops.

Johnson Valley is worked over currently. A lot of trophy trucks have been racing and practacing so the whoops are larger and steeper than typically. For a stock BRaptor i was amazed. Having said that, I will be in the market to upgrade the suspension in the future. For many people the stock suspension will be perfect. Very smooth on the washboard roads and medium whoops. Once I really got after it, I was wishing for a stiffer setting on the shocks. Once King Shocks or Fox comes out with and aftermarket option, the BRaptor will be next level.

Everyone in our group was impressed with the performance of the Braptor in the desert.

IMG_1352 (1).jpg
Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I miss sand whoops…….
Very cool.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sadly I do not have any of that around me. I do have dunes in MI I can play on or national forest in FL with lots of sand and dirt. My area, no high speed wheeling, all to tight.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drone video? Potato video?

Sponsored

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sadly I do not have any of that around me. I do have dunes in MI I can play on or national forest in FL with lots of sand and dirt. My area, no high speed wheeling, all to tight.
Donuts in the forest entertain my grandboys, where the dirt is stacked at intersections of the trail roads.

BRRRaptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I saw you out there. I was the other Area 51 Braptor. I saw you drive by in the morning then when I was airing up as you were Turing on the paved road to leave. Agree with your comments. I took one of the big soft sand hills with ease in Baja mode with rear lockers engaged. A blast to drive off-road !!!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What national forest in FL are you referring to?

OP
OP
Losy

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I saw you out there. I was the other Area 51 Braptor. I saw you drive by in the morning then when I was airing up as you were Turing on the paved road to leave. Agree with your comments. I took one of the big soft sand hills with ease in Baja mode with rear lockers engaged. A blast to drive off-road !!!
Yes I remember seeing you. That would have been a great photo.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What national forest in FL are you referring to?
Ocala. When I was stationed in Mayport FL, we camped a lot in the Forest, and rode 4 wheelers. Lots of area to ride

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ocala. When I was stationed in Mayport FL, we camped a lot in the Forest, and rode 4 wheelers. Lots of area to ride
Thanks, I use Amelia and Hugenot, so I should see Ocala.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took my 2022 Braptor to Johnson Valley for some high speed desert fun. Went with my son and his crew of F150 Raptors and Modified F150 to be Raptor like. Some have Mid-travels kits etc.

BRaptor V6 in Baja Mode is really impressive. Turbos and shift points were spot on. So much fun to drive. Had plenty of power. The entire vehicle felt very solid and planted even on the large washouts and whoops.

Johnson Valley is worked over currently. A lot of trophy trucks have been racing and practacing so the whoops are larger and steeper than typically. For a stock BRaptor i was amazed. Having said that, I will be in the market to upgrade the suspension in the future. For many people the stock suspension will be perfect. Very smooth on the washboard roads and medium whoops. Once I really got after it, I was wishing for a stiffer setting on the shocks. Once King Shocks or Fox comes out with and aftermarket option, the BRaptor will be next level.

Everyone in our group was impressed with the performance of the Braptor in the desert.
I'm sure a big part of the performance is the wheel travel and 3" fox shocks, which can be improved someday via aftermarket, but I think another huge factor is the live valve which is fine tuned with the other OEM systems. Are you afraid that "upgrading" to marginally beefier King or Fox aftermarket shocks may be a detriment to total system performance?

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jealous, been to the Hammers last 3 years, working in the mid-west now and can't make it....damn it.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco My Bronco Raptor desert run in Johnson Valley - 1st Impressions IMG_1352 (1)
I look at this picture and in the back of my head hear the Sesame Street song, "One of these things not like the others, one of these things is doing it's own thing. Can you guess which one is not the same?" It's like the big brother and his friends let the little brother hang out with them. I am glad and impressed that you were able to hang with the 150's. Must have been fun for you to put them in their places too!
Sponsored