First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was an early res. Not day 1 like many of you legends, but shortly thereafter. I originally ordered a 2dr Wildtrak Feb 3, 2021. Lux, tow, 2.7, every constrained option possible. antimatter blue. I selected a random younger salesman to handle that order when I walked into the dealership down the road from me. All the salesmen I had worked with previously, buying 5 other new Fords over the last 16 years were gone. This guy seemed eager and was a nice kid. March 20, I decided to pick up a ā€˜21 KR 6.7 F250 from the same salesman, dealer stock. I wasnā€™t trading anything so I needed to get the new truck home. This young salesman was nice enough to drive it to my house and catch a ride back with a coworker.

Of course I waited months after that for my bronco and lost faith that I would get one in 2021. Every couple months I stopped in and said hi to the struggling sales staff who had little to do but stare at their mostly empty lot. Ford proved me right and forced us to move the order to a 22MY. At that point I decided to keep my new 99 priority (and res and order dates) and hold them for a warthog. Dealer said sure thing, whatever you need. I then found a 21 Rubicon (my 3rd jeep) on another used lot with 3k miles and $3k under MSRP and bought it. Satisfied my need to get back in the dirt, installed a bunch of mods myself, enjoying the whole process while I wait. But, Iā€™m 6ā€™7ā€ and wranglers just donā€™t fit me all that well. Fine for short trips to local-ish trails, but I wonā€™t be trekking from DFW to Moab without putting it on a trailer.

In December I got to test drive a bronco for the first time. It fits me so much more comfortably. If the jeep is an XXL, the bronco is an XXLT. I was so surprised in the difference that I decided to roll the dice and convert my dormant Feb 3 order to a Badlands 4 door soft top. Sure I could have paid 30-40k over sticker to snag a first edition from any number of local dealers, but wtf, thatā€™s insanity. My patience (and reading on this forum) paid off. My order got pulled Jan 20 with a 3/14 build week.

My dealer thinks it will be possible to order a raptor, and has had me at the top of their order list since before we knew it wouldnā€™t be called a warthog. Iā€™m planning to leave my badlands stock (and use the hell out of it) for as many months as it takes to order, wait for, and take delivery of a Raptor. The jeep now has all the upgrades I need to tackle most trails, but the badlands will make a much better camping/overland vehicle in stock form. By the time I get the first bronco, the weather will be too nice to not go adventuringā€¦ and if/when I get a raptor, the resale on the badlands should still be strong. Resale on the raptor will obviously be excellent. the timing should be great. Once I own both of them I will figure out which fits better into my use case, look at market prices, and sell the one I donā€™t want to keep. Maybe it wonā€™t go that way, but thatā€™s what Iā€™m hoping for.

BTW, this whole time I have been waiting and suffering along with all of you. But I have maintained the relationship with my local dealer, made sure they know I donā€™t blame them for the situation, and even took the time to put in a good word about individuals with dealership management and Ford customer service. I have stuck with my local dealer through the toughest time they have ever experienced. Iā€™m getting my badlands below MSRP and I am pretty confident I will get a raptor at MSRP.

I donā€™t know what the order situation will be like (if any) for the Raptor, but I know I will stay patient and be nice to those who will work with me through that process. With so many bad dealers out there I fully understand why so many people are allowing frustration to take over. Maybe Iā€™m old school but I believe that if you seek out and work with the right people, and treat them with respect and courtesy, they will return the favor.

So my unsolicited advice in all this mess is - It pays to be kind to people. If youā€™re the one showing them love in a sea of hate, these people will take care of you first and best.
Sponsored

Last edited:

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not to poop in your soup, but the Raptor is a Ford Performance product. There won't be reservations or ordering for it, selected dealers will get one and I guarantee the ADM will be insane.

OP
OP
RubiconSasquatch

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to poop in your soup, but the Raptor is a Ford Performance product. There won't be reservations or ordering for it, selected dealers will get one and I guarantee the ADM will be insane.
Thatā€™s not entirely accurate, the way I understand it. What is true is that dealer allocations are not affected by order counts the way they are with non-limited-production vehicles. So taking my order wonā€™t give them an extra allocation. But, they can give me one of their allocations and order it in my name with my chosen options. This is basically how it works with special cars for all brands. I once ordered (and regrettably backed out of) a 2021 911 Turbo S Cab. The dealer had one allocation remaining and assigned it to me, to my specs. This was before the boom and I decided I couldnā€™t stomach the expected depreciation so I got my deposit back and gave up my allocation. Whoever they gave it to made about $100k on that car :(

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If a 911 Turbo S Cab is in your budget, I have no doubt you will be able to get a Bronco R somewhere if you really want it, good luck man!

OP
OP
RubiconSasquatch

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If a 911 Turbo S Cab is in your budget, I have no doubt you will be able to get a Bronco R somewhere if you really want it, good luck man!
Might be a bit much for camping haha
Sponsored