Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What's wrong with these - they don't interfere with the Airbags and are nice and soft for your noggin (I know because I graze this every time I get in and out)? Also - not terribly expensive and use the available 'Accessory Ready' screws.

1672235886175.png
My question exactly. I have blue/black ones, and bought my sister red/black.

I need to special order some blue/white ones for my Wildtrak.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If youā€™re in a wreck, wellā€¦ letā€™s just say you better have your will made out and/or a good Long Term Care insurance policy.
Shouldn't the airbag deploy in front of the handle if his body is likely to head that direction?

OP
OP
tobyw

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Appreciate all of the constructive criticism, feedback, and even the snarky comments (y)

I do shudder to think about all of those "claymore" face ripper-offer devices that have been around for the JK Wrangler platform for like 15 years... Sheesh, what was I thinking...

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shouldn't the airbag deploy in front of the handle if his body is likely to head that direction?
Yeah maybe but there are limits.

If anyone wants to volunteer to do a live test of this then Iā€™ve also got a bulletproof vest idea I need a volunteer to test. šŸ¤£

Last edited:

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm old and fat, and when Ford targeted the JL Wrangler platform as a direct competitor, they missed what is perhaps the single most important thing for old and fat guys like me... a proper grab handle to hoist myself in and out of the darn thing :( I get the side curtain airbags are for safety and that trumps entry/egress ergonomics, but they really could have taken a few more hours and come up with something. Heck I'm just an old pharmer, and I did...

IMG_1247.JPG
IMG_1258.JPG
IMG_1259.JPG
IMG_1262.JPG
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1266.JPG
IMG_1268.JPG
šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Was a step too hard to install? Besides butchering the interiors you made a sever concussion point.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it. Nice job. Donā€™t worry about the simple minded comments. They just like to hate. Makes them feel important. Pretty much means ā€œman thatā€™s sweet and I donā€™t have oneā€. Itā€™s really the ultimate compliment.

Thatā€™s also a great oh shit point for emergency grabs.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Consider this v1.0

Now, use it as a template for a softer material, but same mounting points.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Was a step too hard to install? Besides butchering the interiors you made a sever concussion point.
Some pipe insulation would fix that,, mostly.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A leather loop mounted to the top bolt location would probably work too. I might try that.

Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like it. Nice job. Donā€™t worry about the simple minded comments. They just like to hate. Makes them feel important. Pretty much means ā€œman thatā€™s sweet and I donā€™t have oneā€. Itā€™s really the ultimate compliment.

Thatā€™s also a great oh shit point for emergency grabs.
Is it simple-minded to point out a potential injury point that may have gone overlooked by the OP? Or, at the very least could go overlooked by less mechanically-inclined ā€œsimpleā€ minds reading this thread? As simpletons, we canā€™t all be as certain that a mix of luck/ignorance will keep us safe in a collision.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are decent but in the wrong location to hoist yourself in. We have those too. Only good for hanging your arm while you drive.
I am 5'8" and my wife is around 5'6" I use mine to lift myself up, and give stability as I put my foot on the rock slider to enter the cab. And so does she. Works perfectly fine for both of us.

I can see an issue if you have arm/shoulder problems. Or as our friend here puts it 'OLD AN FAT' šŸ˜…šŸ¤£

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it simple-minded to point out a potential injury point that may have gone overlooked by the OP? Or, at the very least could go overlooked by less mechanically-inclined ā€œsimpleā€ minds reading this thread? As simpletons, we canā€™t all be as certain that a mix of luck/ignorance will keep us safe in a collision.
Itā€™s a car. The whole things a potential injury point.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am 5'8" and my wife is around 5'6" I use mine to lift myself up, and give stability as I put my foot on the rock slider to enter the cab. And so does she. Works perfectly fine for both of us.

I can see an issue if you have arm/shoulder problems. Or as our friend here puts it 'OLD AN FAT' šŸ˜…šŸ¤£
As far as location, it is in the wrong location for me. I like it forward more. As it is when I sit in the drivers seat, I am further back than the B pillar. Therefore the hanging strap is too far rearward to hoist me forward and up. And I am left handed, so I reach out and pull forward and up. My wife is the same. Sheā€™s right handed. How I have always done it with trucks that allow it. No fat man here, nice try. I am 5ā€™10ā€ 190, 34ā€ waist. Small beer belly maybe on a bad day.
Sponsored