First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After living with my first draft for a couple of months, it became apparent that the 3/4" tube I used was a little too small and was hard on the hands. Plus, I wasn't entirely happy with the lazy route I had taken in the overall design, and wanted something a little cleaner looking. For this go-round, I used 1-1/4" tube and made the handle an assembly comprised of 3 sections, ultimately aiding in ease of final installation and a little less arm wrestling to get things in place.

Ford Bronco My A-Pillar Grab Handle v2.0 IMG_1699.JPG
Ford Bronco My A-Pillar Grab Handle v2.0 IMG_1700.JPG
Ford Bronco My A-Pillar Grab Handle v2.0 IMG_1705.JPG
Ford Bronco My A-Pillar Grab Handle v2.0 IMG_1706.JPG
Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After living with my first draft for a couple of months, it became apparent that the 3/4" tube I used was a little too small and was hard on the hands. Plus, I wasn't entirely happy with the lazy route I had taken in the overall design, and wanted something a little cleaner looking. For this go-round, I used 1-1/4" tube and made the handle an assembly comprised of 3 sections, ultimately aiding in ease of final installation and a little less arm wrestling to get things in place.

IMG_1699.JPG
IMG_1700.JPG
IMG_1705.JPG
IMG_1706.JPG
Details man, we need details...

...and, that's awesome!

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Clicked on this thinking “I’m gonna hate it” but was pleasantly surprised by the look and its def more functional for those needing a point to grab getting into the bronco. Would consider one for the passenger side for my wife haha. Keep up the good work.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That looks great. But I wonder if it could be done on the B pillar so passengers could climb in, instead of the hanging straps most of us use. I don't need a handle to get in but the kids do. Following for more details. Great job

Nok1n

Outer Banks
First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX 2Dr Sas Lux Mic Tow 2.3l
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Genious! I love it.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like it! Great job. :cool:

Does it hinder the side air bag all all?

OP
OP
tobyw

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Details man, we need details...

...and, that's awesome!
Appreciate it. Let me know what you're specifically interested in and I'll do my best to provide more info.

That looks great. But I wonder if it could be done on the B pillar so passengers could climb in, instead of the hanging straps most of us use. I don't need a handle to get in but the kids do. Following for more details. Great job
I've got a 4-door so the B-pillars already have grab handles, but Tricky Dick did a great job of integrating a Ford F-150 grab handle into the B-pillar of his 2-door a while back:

Tricky's B-pillar handle

I like it! Great job. :cool:

Does it hinder the side air bag all all?
No, the side airbag is meant to deploy straight down, parallel to the side window, and I was careful to keep the handle and mounting brackets clear of the blow away panels and the travel path of the airbag as it unfolds/inflates. I did have to carve a little bit of the plastic out to allow it to clear the lower mount bracket and the upper assembly bolt head though, again just to ensure a clear travel path in case the worst happens:

Ford Bronco My A-Pillar Grab Handle v2.0 IMG_1702.JPG

Ford Bronco My A-Pillar Grab Handle v2.0 IMG_1703.JPG

Ford Bronco My A-Pillar Grab Handle v2.0 IMG_1710.JPG

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude, you've got something sell-able there....esp. for passenger side. The overhead grabs aren't as helpful as that would be.

People, Toyota has been putting handles there for-ever and yes, there are airbags underneath.
Sponsored