steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford powerstroke f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I figured there were some spacers involved between the plate steel and plastic. I am a hobby machinist so look forward to the fun. thanks again for the idea.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I figured there were some spacers involved between the plate steel and plastic. I am a hobby machinist so look forward to the fun. thanks again for the idea.
Yes I welded 5/8" solid spacers to the bracket and tapped them for the original bolts. I assembled everything before tapping them so I could use the holes in the handle to find the right spot, if that makes sense. It would have taken some very careful measurements to get the holes right otherwise.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great solution. Anyone have a CAD or any dimensional drawing for the steel plate? My 5 yo needs this and researching b pillar handles helped me find this.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Should have this wrapped up tomorrow.

20220322_165617_HDR.jpg
Is this mounting plate even necessary? It looks like the handle can be directly attached to holes drilled in the pillar. I do realize it adds support to the mounting holes, is that it's primary purpose?

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great solution. Anyone have a CAD or any dimensional drawing for the steel plate? My 5 yo needs this and researching b pillar handles helped me find this.
Unfortunately I don't have anything, just whipped it up on the fly.

Is this mounting plate even necessary? It looks like the handle can be directly attached to holes drilled in the pillar. I do realize it adds support to the mounting holes, is that it's primary purpose?
I suppose you could probably get away without it. There's a big gap between the pillar and trim so I have threaded standoffs welded to that plate.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gotcha. Mounting directly to the pillar without a bracket would put a lot of stress on the pillar holes considering the extra 5/8" space to the trim.... that's a lot of leverage.

@nwGTS I make templates out of cereal box cardboard, then transfer to metal. Aluminum foil can also be used for an initial template since it forms easily and can conform to irregular surfaces.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.