First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5, 2023 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My 23 Bog Bend is no fun b 70+mh. I did 2000 mile trip and will not be doing that again.

I am actually leaving mine at my mountain house for the summer vs driving it back and forth.
Sponsored

Onestepmore

Badlands
First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm looking at my first 2023 Wildtrak Bronco hardtop. I haven't driven one yet. But many friends say that the noise from the road and wind is horrible. I'm purchasing it from a friend who is shipping it to me. My wife is a bit worried the noise will be to load running 70 plus on interstate for calls, etc. Can anyone give some personal clarification? How bad does it bother you?
Iā€™ve got a 2023 Badlands 2 door Sasquatch with a hard top and itā€™s just like I thought it would beā€¦itā€™s not a Lincoln Continental by any means but at 80 we do have to turn the radio up more and talking has to be more than a whisper by all meansā€¦I donā€™t think it should deter your purchaseā€¦these are Awesome vehicles!!!

Packen8

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tacoma's, 2nd Gen and 3rd gen and soon to be a 4th Gen owner.
Weā€™ll just realize these are not a luxury SUVā€™s if you want luxury this is not for you !! I have a 2 door OuterBanks Sasquatch with mic top, you experience some road we have no complaints can talk to each other easily, a bit noisy with windows down but what car isnā€™t !

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm looking at my first 2023 Wildtrak Bronco hardtop. I haven't driven one yet. But many friends say that the noise from the road and wind is horrible. I'm purchasing it from a friend who is shipping it to me. My wife is a bit worried the noise will be to load running 70 plus on interstate for calls, etc. Can anyone give some personal clarification? How bad does it bother you?
No problems at all. If you're worried about it you need a lexus.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If she's worried about the noise I don't think she'll like it. Noticeably worse than any crossover or traditional SUV would be. Don't get me wrong, it's not awful, but it's for sure a tradeoff.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its good and not great. The only complaint I have is I cannot be on Bronco Bluetooth Phone Call, the road noise is so much that the person on the other side has difficulty to hear, otherwise the passengers in the car can have a conversation without yelling, unless you drive in MontrealšŸ˜

At the highway speeds of 70+ no issue of road noise to have a normal conversation with co-passengers, driving in Bronco Hard Top since 2022.

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have stock 2022 non sas OBX with the factory liner. Itā€™s noisy, my wife hates it! Iā€™ve gotten use to the noise and itā€™s tolerable, but itā€™s the only thing about my Bronco I donā€™t like. As stated by others, do yourself a favor go for a test drive in a hardtop.

Sedona

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Badlands, V. Blue, 2.7L, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, A newbie here.

I have a slightly off topic question. I have a 4 door 2024 Badlands on order and I have a question about noise from the front two roof panels. Am I likely to experience more noise if we take the front two panels off and then reinstall them? I know a couple of JK owners, with hardtops, that have never taken their tops off because they are convinced they will never seal as well as the factory seal.

What do you think?

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi, A newbie here.

I have a slightly off topic question. I have a 4 door 2024 Badlands on order and I have a question about noise from the front two roof panels. Am I likely to experience more noise if we take the front two panels off and then reinstall them? I know a couple of JK owners, with hardtops, that have never taken their tops off because they are convinced they will never seal as well as the factory seal.

What do you think?
I think itā€™s possible.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are loud, it's a relative term, but if you're asking the question, then you will find it to be loud.
As others have said, it's on the highway not so much at slower speeds.

Get the hardtop and do the wind noise reduction stuff - it makes a difference.

I also did sound deadening in the cargo area, and when I'm ready, I'll do the doors and floor. It all makes it bearable to talk a5 higher speeds.

They are fun cool rides, but Ford didn't give a rat's backside about sound levels. It's crazy for the price, that you have to rip it apart and sound proof, but it really helps.

Sponsored

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hardtops are Relative. I bought my 4dr Heritage with open air in mind, preferring the sound of the wind, groan of the engine, shifting of the MT7, and 35ā€™s against the road/trail. I drive windows open, weather (and bride)permitting. In best conditions the front roof panels and rear quarter windows come off, stored in the back. Itā€™s the Absolute Utility Vehicle so I prefer to experience as such. OK, foul weather/long trip, top on, windows up, ambient music playing, bride happyā€¦

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bake1550

Bake1550

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT. 2020 F150 limited 2001 Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well got an update on the purchase. Love it. Hardtop noise was nothing at all IMO. At 75. It's no louder than the Drone on my GT500 or Porsche 911 turbo. Runs well and now time for some modifications. Auto steps are on the list. Wife is 5'4".

IMG_1114.jpeg

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well got an update on the purchase. Love it. Hardtop noise was nothing at all IMO. At 75. It's no louder than the Drone on my GT500 or Porsche 911 turbo. Runs well and now time for some modifications. Auto steps are on the list. Wife is 5'4".

IMG_1114.jpeg
I hear you on the HT noise. Maybe the earlier models were noisy? IDK, but our ā€˜24 is pretty damn quiet for something with the aerodynamics of a shoe box.
Loving the white btw.

DemonGT

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco My first Bronco Purchase. Need advice its a Hardop IMG_1114
That looks sharp. Lets see that GT500?

OP
OP
Bake1550

Bake1550

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT. 2020 F150 limited 2001 Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here are all the toys. Black GT is wife's daily. 2020 Limited is my daily. Gt500 was a anniversary gift from wife to me 3 years ago and Porsche is bucket list car.

IMG_9351.jpeg

Resized_20230919_132150.jpeg

IMG_9352.jpeg
Sponsored