Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 3500 dually
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife ordered a Wildtrack on December 23, 2021 from a large high volume dealer. Since then, she has had to jump through all the hoops related to delays. Just last week her dealer reached out and asked her to drop the Wildtrack trim as well as several key options. We all know this story and all the song and dance that goes with it!

If she agrees, Ford will provide her a $2500 Private Offer. Her and I plan to make our decision soon but I wanted to share some of my thoughts as stated below. The Wildtrack would be our second Bronco since we already have a 2022, 2D Badlands that we waited 2 years and three months to receive.

I feel like Ford should actually offer a specified amount for each of the three commodity items we remove, as well as credit to the Wildtrack order folks. In my option, $2500 most likely isn't enough of an incentive to convince us to change our order. Even if it results in no future Bronco.

Secondly, I feel like we are being strong armed to change or order so that FORD can keep the MAP assembly line moving. In essence, I just wonder if they (Ford) expects me to shoulder the burden of their supply issues and problems.

Not mad just pondering the principle of the ask
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife ordered a Wildtrack on December 23, 2021 from a large high volume dealer. Since then, she has had to jump through all the hoops related to delays. Just last week her dealer reached out and asked her to drop the Wildtrack trim as well as several key options. We all know this story and all the song and dance that goes with it!

If she agrees, Ford will provide her a $2500 Private Offer. Her and I plan to make our decision soon but I wanted to share some of my thoughts as stated below. The Wildtrack would be our second Bronco since we already have a 2022, 2D Badlands that we waited 2 years and three months to receive.

I feel like Ford should actually offer a specified amount for each of the three commodity items we remove, as well as credit to the Wildtrack order folks. In my option, $2500 most likely isn't enough of an incentive to convince us to change our order. Even if it results in no future Bronco.

Secondly, I feel like we are being strong armed to change or order so that FORD can keep the MAP assembly line moving. In essence, I just wonder if they (Ford) expects me to shoulder the burden of their supply issues and problems.

Does anyone on 6G not have (or is not in the process of ordering) two or more Broncos?! :rolleyes: But yes you are kind of being strong armed. At least Ford is offering you $2500, they are not offering me anything.

Anyway, what type of off-roading will your wife do in the Wildtrak? That's a good way to decide. If she will get a lot of use from the particular Wildtrak functionality, then stick with that order. Else switching to some other version for the $2500 shouldn't be a big issue (unless you really want a hardtop)?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've said it before and I'll say it again...IMO the $2500 is not enough to make me downgrade from a Wildtrak to a Badlands with no sasquatch. The items you're giving up will cost you 3-4x that amount on the after market, and not come with a factory warranty. Do so at your own risk.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone on 6G not have (or is not in the process of ordering) two or more Broncos?! :rolleyes: But yes you are kind of being strong armed. At least Ford is offering you $2500, they are not offering me anything.

Anyway, what type of off-roading will your wife do in the Wildtrak? That's a good way to decide. If she will get a lot of use from the particular Wildtrak functionality, then stick with that order. Else switching to some other version for the $2500 shouldn't be a big issue (unless you really want a hardtop)?
fwiw it does seem that there's a lot of people that post with 2, or sometimes they're on their 3rd Bronco. I guess if you've got the money and put in multiple orders then good for them? Sadly there is no way of being "fair" and saying kinda like when you're at dinner and saying "Hey, you got firsts already, let someone else get theirs before you get 2nds" but it is what it is....I have 1, and my wife doesn't want 1. She does want a Sport, but not the car payment....so we don't have a Sport either, just a 2016 RAV4 with no options

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If they allowed me to upgrade to a BRaptor at MSRP, I would do that. Since that won't happen I plan to stick with the Wildtrak and see how it plays out. If I get kicked to a 2024 with a big increase I will likely start looking at other options.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My opinion is that Ford is being pretty generous (for once) with the offer. A reservation/order isn't a guarantee you'll get one (or two) in your driveway. They could have continued with status quo and just kept skipping over those with the constraints and just bumping them at the end of the MY but instead gave us an option.

Remember, constraints on some aren't as bad as the others so your wife can pick/choose what's the most important to her but you have to do all three to get paid. You can also follow the other options: do nothing, cancel and pick another Ford, or walk-away.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Dec 2020 reservation Wildtrak. I also know where I'm at with my dealership as far as how many others are before me. It's not looking good for me if I stay with what I wanted (fully loaded Wildtak).

I had to factor in that if I didn't make this move... I could possibly not see a Bronco AT all this year.

That would cost me $2500 on top of all the PP money. So more like almost 6k. Plus, who knows what the MY24 increases will be.

I planned to go aftermarket for a lot of the stuff anyways... so I made the change to hopefully increase my chances of getting the actual vehicle this year. It sucks - sure; however, this has been a never-ending stressor from the start.

My sanity is worth more than this vehicle. I've bowed out - so hopefully this gives other Wildtraks a chance - If the $2500 / PP for you isn't a big deal... then "Hang in there."

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
fwiw it does seem that there's a lot of people that post with 2, or sometimes they're on their 3rd Bronco. I guess if you've got the money and put in multiple orders then good for them? Sadly there is no way of being "fair" and saying kinda like when you're at dinner and saying "Hey, you got firsts already, let someone else get theirs before you get 2nds" but it is what it is....I have 1, and my wife doesn't want 1. She does want a Sport, but not the car payment....so we don't have a Sport either, just a 2016 RAV4 with no options
I hear ya. For me it's not just about the money, my household has 5 vehicles (not all new). I love my sports car for pavement fun, but I'm not going to go out and buy several new duplicates of the same damn car, what's up with that, lol. I actually off-road, and my wife enjoys off-roading, but she would not go for buying a bunch of duplicate new Bronco's, Wranglers, or whatever. I've seen many Sports around, they seem like a good choice for pavement, in combo with the Big Bronco for the other functionalities.

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As not even an intense off roader, I believe waiting for Wildtrak trim this year is more than worth the trade off of downgrading. Especially if yours gets built.

It’s a sweet ride and high packages like the lux super nice to have personally. Also no way I’d ever get a soft top in Washington as my car sits outside our small garage.
Sponsored