First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok Folks... After Spending thousands (no kidding) this is were i started and were i need up at with over-the-top Bass!

I have a 2022 Big Bend without Lux package. Front stage is Focal ES 2 way, Focal ES 6.5 In Speaker pods power by JL XD400/4.

1. I bought a Stock enclosure from Ford and added a Kicker Shallow Mount Woofer powered by an Alpine KTA 300W mono amp @ 2 Ohms..... Added minimal bass mostly at high volume. Alpine amp went bad about 1 year into ownership.
  2. Since I was going to replace AMP I decided spend the money and get the JL Stealth Box powered by JL Audio MX300/1........ $1,500 later I was super disappointed..... It was barely louder than then stock really didn't feel any bass until volume level of 15 or higher...
  3. Went back to Shop had them yank out the Stealth Box and amp and Install MTI Acustics https://www.mtiacoustics.net/ Box with JL13TW5 (thirteen inch woofer) powered by JL XDM 600 and LC2i.
Skip steps 1 and 2 and go straight to 3.... you can order cheaper woofers pre configured from MTI but this set up is what your looking for.... I have the knob barley turned on and it fills the Bronco. Went i crank in up the neighbors will hear you 3 blocks away......
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok Folks... After Spending thousands (no kidding) this is were i started and were i need up at with over-the-top Bass!

I have a 2022 Big Bend without Lux package. Front stage is Focal ES 2 way, Focal ES 6.5 In Speaker pods power by JL XD400/4.

1. I bought a Stock enclosure from Ford and added a Kicker Shallow Mount Woofer powered by an Alpine KTA 300W mono amp @ 2 Ohms..... Added minimal bass mostly at high volume. Alpine amp went bad about 1 year into ownership.
  2. Since I was going to replace AMP I decided spend the money and get the JL Stealth Box powered by JL Audio MX300/1........ $1,500 later I was super disappointed..... It was barely louder than then stock really didn't feel any bass until volume level of 15 or higher...
  3. Went back to Shop had them yank out the Stealth Box and amp and Install MTI Acustics https://www.mtiacoustics.net/ Box with JL13TW5 (thirteen inch woofer) powered by JL XDM 600 and LC2i.
Skip steps 1 and 2 and go straight to 3.... you can order cheaper woofers pre configured from MTI but this set up is what your looking for.... I have the knob barley turned on and it fills the Bronco. Went i crank in up the neighbors will hear you 3 blocks away......
Agreed on a bigger sub/power, but I don't want to lose cargo space in my 2-door, so I'd like to find a way to shoehorn a larger sub in the side panel. In my compact BRZ I have a sub box in the trunk that allows easy disconnect and removal when needing the extra cargo space. Problem is that approach could allow easy theft in an open top Bronco.

DawgFish

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 2 Door SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I almost went down the same path but conceded and gave up a little room for a tailgate box. The results were a ton of bass with the hardtop on and just enough with the top off. I’m glad my stereo shop pushed me to go big.

Bob LaBlah

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’ve got the MTI tailgate sub enclosure installed as well and it doesn’t really take up any additional space. It sticks out about the same amount as the tailgate latch bump. I talked to a couple of installers and they all suggested this route vs the JL stealth or any other sub in the OEM enclosure. I’m using the space from the original sub to house the amps and other wiring.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed on a bigger sub/power, but I don't want to lose cargo space in my 2-door, so I'd like to find a way to shoehorn a larger sub in the side panel. In my compact BRZ I have a sub box in the trunk that allows easy disconnect and removal when needing the extra cargo space. Problem is that approach could allow easy theft in an open top Bronco.
I installed the Diabolical Inc slipstream so I could protect anything behind the back seats from theft when the top is off. It is nicer IMO than the Ford/Tuffy version because it is quick to take apart. Not cheap though and I modified a few things to make it better.

Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP, did you disable the EQ in Forscan? If not, it would explain why you were not satisfied with the results of option 1-2.

sundaeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I installed the Diabolical Inc slipstream so I could protect anything behind the back seats from theft when the top is off. It is nicer IMO than the Ford/Tuffy version because it is quick to take apart. Not cheap though and I modified a few things to make it better.
Been working on my Slipstream install over the last day or so. I'm curious what your improvements were.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
i had a similar experience. focal components in the front and 6.5 coaxes in the back and 1 10w6v3 with an alpine 5 channel amp. the 5 channel and single 10 wasn't doing it for me. so added another alpine mono amp and another 10w6v2 in a new box and am quite happy now. car audio usually has a couple revisions before it's what you want, at least that's my experience.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Been working on my Slipstream install over the last day or so. I'm curious what your improvements were.
Since you lose the rings in the floor I added some D rings. I’d like to find some rubber-coated but these will do.

The rubber gasket for the rear edge where it contacts the rear window is shite. I replaced it with this below. Not sure if they changed what they send with the kit but I sent it to them and they said they’d look into it.
Edge Trim-Rubber U Channel Length with self-Adhesive Design for car Doors, Table Corners, etc (26FEET 0.27inch, Black)
https://a.co/d/4aEGNeY

The tolerance along the rear corners allows you to get a finger on the rear knobs from outside the vehicle where, if you don’t tighten them enough, somebody with a smaller finger could spin it off. I replaced the rears with spherical knobs. I picked up the knobs at my local Ace Hardware
Ford Bronco MY Subwoofer Journey --- What I learned AAE851D0-2476-454B-840A-99CF591CAE4E
Ford Bronco MY Subwoofer Journey --- What I learned 524BFA3F-AF8F-47CC-BB86-201400A1CD9F
Ford Bronco MY Subwoofer Journey --- What I learned 429C454C-6B10-424A-B282-03E8908AA31F
Ford Bronco MY Subwoofer Journey --- What I learned 4435B8B2-22DF-48F0-9503-A32F30CEE82B

Last edited:

Sponsored

sundaeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BroncoPokes

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last week, I had the following installed:

Audison 4 inch point-source Coaxial(dash)
Audison 6.5 inch woofer(kick panel)
Audison 6.5 inch coaxial(rear pods)

I'm now thinking about adding a subwoofer. My audio shop has recommended the following to keep the cost within my budget:

Wavtech Link500.1 500 watt subwoofer amplifier, thinner depth tailgate enclosure, JL Audio 12TW3 subwoofer

I know nothing about stress/amps/subs. For those of you who do, do you think that amp is big enough? I don't drive with the top down much at all and don't need the speakers/system to be overly loud, I would just like to add some bass and a bit of output...please give me your thoughts on the amp, etc.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know nothing about stress/amps/subs. For those of you who do, do you think that amp is big enough? I don't drive with the top down much at all and don't need the speakers/system to be overly loud, I would just like to add some bass and a bit of output...please give me your thoughts on the amp, etc.
300-500W is perfect for the Bronco in my opinion.

It's enough power to make enough bass to hear it clearly with the top off. You could make the neighbors complain if you really wanted to, but you don't have to run it that loud. You probably won't be rattling the windows of other cars passing you on the freeway, but you can rattle your own windows if you wanted to.

sbonomo

Wildtrak
First Name
stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3/F-150 XL eco beast
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the JL stealth box with a Fosgate rx500.1 amp that absolutely kills the bass notes. My only complaint is that it doesn't play rock as well as say EDM or similar. It is amazing to me how much sounds can come from a single mid level 10" speaker. Maybe you were not giving it enough power? I have the fosgate amp turned all the way down.

Tomleo67

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' big bend 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I like how they sell the complete bundles for the broncos. the "oh dam" bundle must be sick lol
Sponsored