First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The saga continues. Like most of you received the e-mail today from ford detailing their updates to MY22.5. I have a converted MY22 Badlands with every commodity restricted option. Now that Wildtrak offers the HOSS 3.0 I’m thinking of converting to that as I don’t have a build date yet. Of specific interested I also saw that the rear slide out tailgate is also offered on the Wildtrak but not the Badlands. I haven’t seen this advertised anywhere. Does anyone know how it would affect my order aside from the price increase and likely waiting a few more months? Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
any answer you get would be pure speculation. If you have not been scheduled then you have nothing to lose. Just go for the 22.5 wildtrak as it will def be a rare build.

OP
OP

ACESTABLES

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any thoughts on towing capacity increase with suspension change?

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The saga continues. Like most of you received the e-mail today from ford detailing their updates to MY22.5. I have a converted MY22 Badlands with every commodity restricted option. Now that Wildtrak offers the HOSS 3.0 I’m thinking of converting to that as I don’t have a build date yet. Of specific interested I also saw that the rear slide out tailgate is also offered on the Wildtrak but not the Badlands. I haven’t seen this advertised anywhere. Does anyone know how it would affect my order aside from the price increase and likely waiting a few more months? Am I missing something?
Called my dealer yesterday to add HOSS to my WildTrak order. He called me back today and said the HOSS ordering will begin on March 8th.

Wildtrackmax

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco, 95 f-150, 95 f-250, 01 f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well check up on my 2022 wildtrack order today. Order November 1 2021. Ford had a notification on my order that said I had to remove the tow package. That they were taking them all off the remainder of 2022 orders with out build date or vin numbers. Other wise my order was just going to sit . So I had no choice. So I told them screw it then add the hoss 3.0 package. They said ok and added it. Not sure what the tow package has to do with a chip shortage but maybe something will move forward. Been think about going first thing in the morning on the day the 2023 order bank opens and ordering another bronco for 2023. See which one comes in first. Then drive the first one till the 2nd one comes in. I just know I want one and I am going to not stop till I get one. I know I can sell one of them if not to my son that going to retire from the army in 5 years or to someone else. I just want one that I order to come how I ordered it. I am a factory kind of guy and the tow package kinda piss me off. That's a basic item for this kind of vehicle. It show be standard. I just hope it's plug and play if and when I have to add it. For the price it can't be a chip or software issue. It just blows my mind. Next thing will be you have to remove something else standard like the tires and wheels for seats. Maybe even the steering wheel. Lmao. It's not really funny but give me a break. I don't need airbags, stop start, and other things like that. They force you to have that. Hell I want a metal dashboard not all this plastic stuff. Really I would probably be happy with a bace model but I took my son when I ordered it. I think he ordered what he wanted. Lol. All this high tech stuff is great until it isn't. I will probably have to take a class on how things work. Second new ride ever you me and I still have the first one. Now that my son has got me started in this I will just keep ordering every year till I am happy. Lol

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have HOSS 3.0 and tow. I’ve been waiting for a girl like you to come into my life. Keep waiting said Fordina. I’m cool with that. I love her.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well check up on my 2022 wildtrack order today. Order November 1 2021. Ford had a notification on my order that said I had to remove the tow package. That they were taking them all off the remainder of 2022 orders with out build date or vin numbers. Other wise my order was just going to sit . So I had no choice. So I told them screw it then add the hoss 3.0 package. They said ok and added it. Not sure what the tow package has to do with a chip shortage but maybe something will move forward. Been think about going first thing in the morning on the day the 2023 order bank opens and ordering another bronco for 2023. See which one comes in first. Then drive the first one till the 2nd one comes in. I just know I want one and I am going to not stop till I get one. I know I can sell one of them if not to my son that going to retire from the army in 5 years or to someone else. I just want one that I order to come how I ordered it. I am a factory kind of guy and the tow package kinda piss me off. That's a basic item for this kind of vehicle. It show be standard. I just hope it's plug and play if and when I have to add it. For the price it can't be a chip or software issue. It just blows my mind. Next thing will be you have to remove something else standard like the tires and wheels for seats. Maybe even the steering wheel. Lmao. It's not really funny but give me a break. I don't need airbags, stop start, and other things like that. They force you to have that. Hell I want a metal dashboard not all this plastic stuff. Really I would probably be happy with a bace model but I took my son when I ordered it. I think he ordered what he wanted. Lol. All this high tech stuff is great until it isn't. I will probably have to take a class on how things work. Second new ride ever you me and I still have the first one. Now that my son has got me started in this I will just keep ordering every year till I am happy. Lol
The factory tow package has a 7-pin which has additional electronics (chips) associated with it.

That said you can easily get a hitch and a 4 pin wiring harness aftermarket. The Bronco can only tow 3500 lbs or less depending on the setup. Most states, as far as I know, only require trailer brakes when the trailer is over 3000 lbs and would need the 7 pin to control those brakes. So, for the majority the 4 pin will do just fine.
Sponsored

Last edited: