First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a bronco on order and when saw the constraint numbers, I thought there is no way I am getting my 2 door Badlands (No reservation). I started scanning the web at 3 am for available used Broncos on dealer lots. I wake up at 8 am, check my email, and there it was, my Bronco has been scheduled for production May 1st. I was shocked.
Sponsored

Mflies23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Attached it a sheet have to me at dealership showing what canā€™t be ordered and percentages. I was surprised to see Wildtrak and Outer Banks cloth seats on the list. Looks like Iā€™m getting leather.

2023broncoconstraints.jpg

Iā€™ve had a 2 Door Outer Banks Sasquatch with cloth on order for 18 months now. That sure would have been nice to have been communicated before March 7th so I could amend my order. Might as well fade my flair fam šŸ’€

Last edited:

Mflies23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They are trying to simplify the available options to maximize production output. Making one widget is a lot easier than making two widgetsā€”spending time making the second widget takes away from production of the first widget.

For example, I highly suspect the reason why the Badlands optional wheel is no longer available is because Ford is trying to help their suppliers maximize production of the Sasquatch wheels, which is in much higher demand. Likewise... the leather interior on OBX/WT is probably much more popular than the cloth interior... so it makes sense to try to increase production on the leather interior.

Probably also why they are not offering the Base or Everglades trim.
And more margin on the leather option. The amount of complexity they offer is just stupid from a production stand point. After they disclosed how far behind Tesla ( Tesla makes 12k per EV Ford is losing 20k per vehicle šŸ„¹) they they need every penny they can get by streamlining ICE production as well

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is really interesting and good to know what the dealer can see on their side. It should be easy for dealerships to advise their customers on how and what to order based on the information they have.
this is sheet was handed out months ago. It has now just been updated from our previous allotment. Your dealership has known the number of allocations remaining and an estimate on how many of the constraints they should be able to get scheduled. This is what I have been talking about, ask your dealership where you stand, they will know!

Ford asks not to share this information outside of the dealership, but that does not mean they can not share it individually with you as a customer. I'm not sure I would email or text the picture of that sheet, but I would for sure communicate with my customers about where they stand and if they need to make a change.

I have a spreadsheet/list of who is getting what and the order they are in. But then again I have an spreadsheet for all orders, not just Bronco and for all other salesman here at the dealership! Makes it much easier to communicate with customers! I shake my head at some of these salesman/dealerships that have zero idea what is going on! I try to be the best at my job and not work harder than I need!

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is sheet was handed out months ago. It has now just been updated from our previous allotment. Your dealership has known the number of allocations remaining and an estimate on how many of the constraints they should be able to get scheduled. This is what I have been talking about, ask your dealership where you stand, they will know!

Ford asks not to share this information outside of the dealership, but that does not mean they can not share it individually with you as a customer. I'm not sure I would email or text the picture of that sheet, but I would for sure communicate with my customers about where they stand and if they need to make a change.

I have a spreadsheet/list of who is getting what and the order they are in. But then again I have an spreadsheet for all orders, not just Bronco and for all other salesman here at the dealership! Makes it much easier to communicate with customers! I shake my head at some of these salesman/dealerships that have zero idea what is going on! I try to be the best at my job and not work harder than I need!
I have a lot of respect for you and the information you share. You were kind enough to reach out to me a few weeks ago when I had a question about priority codes. I was fortunate to get my email for production the week of 4/23.

If you feel comfortable, you should let us know your dealership. Honest people who provide excellent customer service should be acknowledged and rewarded.

Sponsored

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I agree with this. Around Feb 24th I called and asked my dealer (very small dealer in a very small town - Platinum Ford North - Pilot Point, TX) about my "chances" and options (12/21 original order - WT, MIC, LUX, TOW, MOD BUMPER) and if I should cancel order and find dealer stock. He told me that I was the oldest Bronco order he had and that he had an expected allocation of 30 Broncos by end of April. He said I should hang tight and see what happens. Take this to mind...he had 8 Broncos (all with ADM of 4-5k) between their various lots and he did not try and get me to drop mine and buy those. He stated that I will for sure get it for MSRP and will get all PP and offers. On March 2nd I got my scheduled to build email for the week of April 24th. Communication with the dealers is paramount I think. At least has been my experience.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with this. Around Feb 24th I called and asked my dealer (very small dealer in a very small town - Platinum Ford North - Pilot Point, TX) about my "chances" and options (12/21 original order - WT, MIC, LUX, TOW, MOD BUMPER) and if I should cancel order and find dealer stock. He told me that I was the oldest Bronco order he had and that he had an expected allocation of 30 Broncos by end of April. He said I should hang tight and see what happens. Take this to mind...he had 8 Broncos (all with ADM of 4-5k) between their various lots and he did not try and get me to drop mine and buy those. He stated that I will for sure get it for MSRP and will get all PP and offers. On March 2nd I got my scheduled to build email for the week of April 24th. Communication with the dealers is paramount I think. At least has been my experience.
Thats how its supposed to happen. Just takes a little communication! I will say some salesman are in the dark b/c they get no information from their managers, but that excuse can only take them so far. They can and should ask questions. It's their money, their book of business!

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a lot of respect for you and the information you share. You were kind enough to reach out to me a few weeks ago when I had a question about priority codes. I was fortunate to get my email for production the week of 4/23.

If you feel comfortable, you should let us know your dealership. Honest people who provide excellent customer service should be acknowledged and rewarded.
I appreciate that! I am at Yark Ford in Toledo, OH. At the end of the day, communication is key, I am a customer just like all of you!

Ruby1

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Heritage In Production
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Is it ALL dealers that have that constraint? No Cloth with WT? When I placed my pre-order, it was not shown as a constraint..

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is it ALL dealers that have that constraint? No Cloth with WT? When I placed my pre-order, it was not shown as a constraint..
Your concern is what other posters are alluding to: that dealers are not sharing all of this information with their customers.

I would wager the answer to your question is yes.

Sponsored

Ruby1

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Heritage In Production
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Thank you. Guess I'm getting leather then!

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your concern is what other posters are alluding to: that dealers are not sharing all of this information with their customers.

I would wager the answer to your question is yes.
Yes, no cloth on OBX or WT. only available on dealer stock orders until May. There will be very limited stock scheduling.

The "no cloth" cavate was just handed out when we were given our remaining allocations.

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck to everyone, I feel very fortunate to have gotten my '23 (originally a '22) Sasquatch, 4 door hard top, 7MT.

Herb

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The reason I loaded up an OBX SAS instead of getting a Wildtrak was for the roast cloth seats. Absolutely love them, get so many complimentsā€¦for fricking cloth! Leather or vinyl just donā€™t fly in 120 degree deserts when you like to keep the top down.