First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Single Cab, 2009 Jeep Wrangler 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And what is a tear tag might I ask and what does it have to do with getting picked up with scheduling?
It's one of the last steps of the build is my understanding. I've heard we might find that built date updates after the actual ship date in some circumstances, but that tear tag update is a good sign production is pretty close to, or actually at, completion, with next step being shipping.
Sponsored

StevieWonder

Black Diamond
First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3/27 OG Order now 2024 Cactus Grey Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's one of the last steps of the build is my understanding. I've heard we might find that built date updates after the actual ship date in some circumstances, but that tear tag update is a good sign production is pretty close to, or actually at, completion, with next step being shipping.

Ahhhh gotch ya. Thanks for that info

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base 2Dr's are going to be a unicorn.

Bronczilla23

Wildtrak
First Name
Hassen Hamood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Suddenly I feel like a vegetarian having dinner at a Texas Roadhouse... I'm a bit lost and confused... Should I be?

1, My production build date was 7/19
2. I checked that Ford Module build data (as build) site and I got that long list of PCM & BCE modules that are supposedly active
3. I got my tear tag & vehicle data numbers
4. My dealership in Belleville MI here is only 7 mi from Bronco/Ranger assembly in. Wayne Mi,(MAP)

Any advice would be appreciated šŸ˜

My birthday was yesterday (7/27) I know big deal. šŸ«¤ Thing is, It would have been a nice... a very nice birthday gift to get that dealer "congrats, come pick up your Bronco" (sigh...smh)

Brianā€™sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Bronczilla23 none of that applies to you because youā€™re built just waiting to be shipped and at the mercy of the trucking companies that haul for Ford.

Sponsored

Bronczilla23

Wildtrak
First Name
Hassen Hamood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And what is a tear tag might I ask and what does it have to do with getting picked up with scheduling?
Info from all knowing Google (lol):

What is a tear tag on a Ford?

"The Tear Tag allows Ford the ability to identify any change made to a vehicle concerning its emission equipment, calibration or any deviation from the standard emissions configuration. It also allows any updates to be controlled and documented."

Since I recently just got mine, I was curious to know to.... Which admittingly puts me back to square one because I really don't quite understand what that means šŸ˜„

Brianā€™sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Bronczilla23 Ford techs at the dealership use it to do troubleshooting if there are issues with modules and other systems, we use it as marker to show the vehicle had been blended with chassis/body and itā€™s close to rolling off the assembly line and getting ready to ship. The only thing that usually holds up shipping is quality issues, missing parts, and if you ordered accessories to be installed at the factory. I can say from reading other build week threads it seems to take a little longer for convoy shipments to leave the factory than rail but the transit time is much less.

Bronczilla23

Wildtrak
First Name
Hassen Hamood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Bronczilla23 Ford techs at the dealership use it to do troubleshooting if there are issues with modules and other systems, we use it as marker to show the vehicle had been blended with chassis/body and itā€™s close to rolling off the assembly line and getting ready to ship. The only thing that usually holds up shipping is quality issues, missing parts, and if you ordered accessories to be installed at the factory. I can say from reading other build week threads it seems to take a little longer for convoy shipments to leave the factory than rail but the transit time is much less.
Well done! THAT was the explanation I was looking for! You could teach Google a few things lol.
In my case for what it's worth, even when my dealer receives my Bronco I don't plan on taking delivery right away. Some dealer options like body armor, tonneau cover and soft top (I ordered both tops) are dealer only installed. Plus I asked change up to the mod bumper, and have them install it. Because ignorant stupid as I was when I was placing my order, I overlooked how important the mod bumper was lol.
Anyhoo, thanks again for taking the time to explain that in detail šŸ‘

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dang. Still thankful for finding my Base 7MT at MSRP back in May. It's been fun making it my own. Even with the ongoing quality issues I face.