First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've seen questions with people wondering about whether or not all existing orders will be satisfied in MY22? Seems like consensus is pretty much a solid NO. Curious on thoughts though about whether or not all orders will be satisfied with MY23? I haven't done the math and I know I chip shortages will have an impact too. Thoughts?
Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've seen questions with people wondering about whether or not all existing orders will be satisfied in MY22? Seems like consensus is pretty much a solid NO. Curious on thoughts though about whether or not all orders will be satisfied with MY23? I haven't done the math and I know I chip shortages will have an impact too. Thoughts?
If Ford does not take any orders for MY2023, yes they will fulfill all roll-overs. Now, if they take orders, but don't start production until Roll-overs are completed - they will fulfill.

I'm sorry to bring everyone back to Earth though, the production line does not stop, unless it must stop. So, they will continue to build cars and take orders.

My belief, is they introduce how they are doing the F-150 Lightning. Take everyone in spurts, you reserve your vehicle, and once your order is up - they email you. That seems the most logical imo.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a feeling the answer is no.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The question, aside from commodity limitations, is if Ford is going lower allocations to the dealers after they originally broke the reservation terms and conditions to give extra to them. That is not going to happen. If a dealer runs out of orders, they will take stock orders from them. Unless the tweak the allocation formula to give near 100% of allocations to the number of reservation orders from today's date, smaller dealers will be waiting for reservation orders well into 2025. (the otherr existing walk-in and stock orders are out there as well, just sitting) Do not forget there are a whole bunch of 99 orders waiting for the mod top. It was a very popular option originally, I would not be surprised if it is an additional 30K units. Some of those will be at dealers who will not get the allocations to fill them for years.

The only wrinkle will be if Ford allows orders to transfer, my guess is they cannot due to franchise agreements or they would have done it by now. It is going to be moot for more than few people, Ford will end the reservation program perks at the end of 2023MY (when mod tops are...claimed...to be available), so price protections and bonus points will disappear. There is a huge liability for Ford with the promised compensation for the delays, I suspect they will push as many as they can out of the program as to not have to pay. Every 'chip' delay/allocation to non-Broncos they can claim are on supply chain issues and away from a price protected Bronco is a get out of a public relations problem free card.

People seem to believe in the certainty that the current policy of making a series, trim, or transmission change means losing price protections will be lifted for 2023MY ordering. Why would you believe it will be rescinded next fall? I haven't seen Ford say it is just for this model year, they left it as a statement and many people are reading what they want to believe. I believe it won't. We are locked in and even changing between model years means you lose your perks. It would be an easy way for Ford to erase some of that financial liability. They are going to keep pushing and making the deal worse and worse for reservation holders in an attempt to have them choose to go away.
Sponsored