Mihir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda CR-V EXL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am a future (hopefully) Bronco owner and I would like to know if there is any more information for retail orders. I am aware of the 9/12 date being moved to 9/28 for reservation holders or those who have not received their bronco yet. I called about 15 dealers and they are all telling me that I will be able to order when the order banks open and that the only difference is my order will not be scheduled until after all the conversions are made. I am so confused because everyone online is saying no retail orders til further notice, but all the dealers I have called have said that I will be able to order. I even have a $500 preorder with one dealer in my area. Can anyone verify??
Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
You may be able to have the dealer order one out of their dealer stock allocation, the order will most likely be limited to an "easy build" such as a 4-door soft-top Big Bend low option Bronco. I doubt you would be able to order anything like a Badlands or Wildtrak but you never know, not enough information at this point.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealers will be permitted to place stock orders. So they can place "your" order as a stock order. In Ford's ordering system the order will not be attached to your name, but the dealer can obviously automatically sell it to you when it arrives.

There are three downsides of a stock order:
  • Stock orders are automatically prioritized below all retail orders, so the chances of you receiving your order in a timely manner is low unless you order one of the "easy build" configurations that @1970AMCAMX mentioned
  • To help Ford deal with component constraints, stock orders may be built without certain options. For example, a few months ago Ford stopped including navigation systems in stock Broncos due to semiconductor shortages.
  • Stock orders are ineligible for price protection. So if your order gets pushed to a 2024MY, or if Ford increases the price of a 2023MY Bronco at some point during the next year, you will have to pay that extra cost (unless the dealer is willing to eat the cost increase).
Retail orders are expected to open Q4 2022 or (more likely than not) Q1 2023.

There are plenty of dealers that will allow you to place down a deposit now to "pre-order" a Bronco. In those situations the dealer is likely just tracking your order in an Excel spreadsheet, or submitting draft orders (not sure if WBDO allows draft orders), and when the order banks actually open they'll go ahead and submit your real order.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If things hold true to what is leaked, new retail orders can be placed sometime in late Q4. However, I am sure most dealers will still allow you to build out a Bronco and put down a deposit, then when the order banks open to new customers, they just have to enter your build specs. I am sure this is what the dealers you contacted mean.

OP
OP
mihirsay

mihirsay

Outer Banks
First Name
Mihir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda CR-V EXL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the replies, I guess the best thing is to just wait and see, if not I will have to make another vehicle purchase

Sponsored
OP
OP
mihirsay

mihirsay

Outer Banks
First Name
Mihir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda CR-V EXL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If things hold true to what is leaked, new retail orders can be placed sometime in late Q4. However, I am sure most dealers will still allow you to build out a Bronco and put down a deposit, then when the order banks open to new customers, they just have to enter your build specs. I am sure this is what the dealers you contacted mean.
The dealers said that my order will go through on 9/12 or 9/28* whichever the date is for the "non-retail" order banks

Jfman

Base
First Name
jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is a 2dr base SAS with 4cyl auto with no other options an "easy build"?

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is a 2dr base SAS with 4cyl auto with no other options an "easy build"?
You would think so by now, but the SAS might still be a slow down issue.

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The dealers said that my order will go through on 9/12 or 9/28* whichever the date is for the "non-retail" order banks
I think what he means is, you can order, the dealer can submit and ford might take it, but the chances of it being built anytime soon are low.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How many people actually got emails from there dealership saying the reorder date has been changed from 9/12 to 9/28 because my dealership is really good about keeping people up to date on changes and has not sent any emails sense the email about the 9/12 re-ordering so tell then I am sticking with 9/12 still.
Sponsored