Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just went to Phil Long Ford in Colorado Springs and asked if they had a mannequin to look at and/or drive. Was told they were recalled to fulfill Retail Orders. They said they have been told they will get a mannequin by the end of July. Don't know the validity of the statement and was willing to figure out if this is happening at other dealerships.
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From now on, any “my dealer said“ posts must specify the exact title of the person who ‘said’ such info. Things and info sources are vastly different coming from average sales guy, to the dude who washes the cars to the sales manager to the GM/owner.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I emailed mine earlier today saying that a few dealers an hour or so away had already received theirs or would be soon.

His entire response: "waiting on chips."

Yeah, most dealers do not deserve the commissions they take.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don’t think their being recalled. The only thing I ever seen was a stop sale order. I went to a local dealer. They have one it’s 100% their demo. Their soliciting deposits to sell in 6 months. They told me no one is allowed to drive it. Super salty about that. Made up some BS story that it’s not their demo.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to a local dealer. They have one it’s 100% their demo. Their soliciting deposits to sell in 6 months. They told me no one is allowed to drive it. Super salty about that. Made up some BS story that it’s not their demo.
Dealers don't have to let people drive them. They have the freedom to do anything they want with them other than sell them for six months.

Technically, they even have the ability to sell them right away but they will be penalized by Ford if they do.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I called my dealer the other day and he told me that Ford was going to cancel all reservations and only do retail orders, but that those retail orders were going to be used just for marking the possible locations of Jimmy Hoffa's body. For consistency, every one was to be fitted with a hard top.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dealers don't have to let people drive them. They have the freedom to do anything they want with them other than sell them for six months.

Technically, they even have the ability to sell them right away but they will be penalized by Ford if they do.
Then Ford really stuck it in us, building them first to hurry and get them out to dealers just for sit. Isn’t it a stipulation they have to have a certain amount of miles on top of the 6 months?

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then Ford really stuck it in us, building them first to hurry and get them out to dealers just to sit.
Take it up with the dealer. Most are going to use them however they think benefits them best, just like any mannequin they get. Many will demo them, some will stick them in the show room like the one you are referencing, some are using them as service vehicles.

They're going to use them to market the Bronco, but that doesn't only mean test drives.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would do anything just to see a Bronco, even if I couldn’t drive one - That would be a bonus though.

#CanadianProblems

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Take it up with the dealer. Most are going to use them however they think benefits them best, just like any mannequin they get. Many will demo them, some will stick them in the show room like the one you are referencing, some are using them as service vehicles.

They're going to use them to market the Bronco, but that doesn't only mean test drives.
I think I’ll stay on here and bitch about it. Good day.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mike Zike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acadia Denali ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I called my dealer the other day and he told me that Ford was going to cancel all reservations and only do retail orders, but that those retail orders were going to be used just for marking the possible locations of Jimmy Hoffa's body. For consistency, every one was to be fitted with a hard top.
If my dealership got penalized it probably wouldnt hurt them much with a 25k markup they have on their bronco

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just went to Phil Long Ford in Colorado Springs and asked if they had a mannequin to look at and/or drive. Was told they were recalled to fulfill Retail Orders. They said they have been told they will get a mannequin by the end of July. Don't know the validity of the statement and was willing to figure out if this is happening at other dealerships.
Owner of the dealership is keeping it in his drive way.
Sponsored