subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know it's not good PR. I'm in the same boat. Took delivery on a base in February and waiting on a second.

I bet they are taking a beating on those early orders. My aircraft grade aluminum is up 300%, at work, over the past 3 years, copper alloy 100%, stainless 100%, and mild steel 50%. That doesn't even consider labor costs.

I'd like to see the # of pounds of each in a Bronco.

I'm sure they have resource allocation, but probably not 3 years out.

GL.
Sponsored

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lets summon some reputable dealers with a forum presence for clarification:

@Zach@Granger
@FordVideoGuy
@Alpha1_Silverback

Would one of you kindly clarify the OP's "my dealer said..." claims of:

1. Ford is no longer offering Retail Price Protection on the Bronco
2. The Model Year Transition Offer is one per household

1682537178615.png

Thank you
Ford is honoring "Price Protection" which as stated in the graphic Locks in Price from any increases happening within the model year. Ford is honoring any "Transition Private Offers" for those that had a 22MY unscheduled order. The dealer should honor one or both of these for 23MY deliveries.

Ford said they don't plan to provide Transition Private Offers going forward, 24MY and on. But Price Protection will continue to be honored for any price Increases happening within the model year. Basically, if you ordered a 23MY on 3/27, that is the price the dealer is to charge you, not the price on the window sticker if there is a price increase after that date.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Location, location, location., some dealers are better/more honest than others. I've traveled many states doing flooring audits of dealerships for the bank and some have way more honest ones and some have way more dishonest dealers. Demographics of customer base seem to also have an impact. Well off people have more resources to protect them selves so a dealership that relies on that demographic for repeat business is more likely to treat their customers right... If they are smart and have been around a few generations, they built their business that way.

Just like warranty claims, I've read about too many not getting what are obviously warranted warranty claims denied or refusal to do warranty work. While the dealer I bought from just did a week's worth of Body work on mine including a loaner with no issues. And since I was both recovering from surgery and busy and didn't bring those QA concerns to light until five weeks after delivery, but NO problem, they took care of me.

Two of the items (missing paint & door alignment) were obviously factory QA problems, but the third (a pressure dent in the middle of the hood) could have been pinned on me, but they included it too.

Print out all documentation from above that helps your case and say "I showed you mine, now you show me yours!"

jakef801

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 R1T, '19 Rubicon, '16 Tundra CC, '18 Audi S6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW: I just texted my dealer (always nice to have a "paper trail") on this matter. He said my pricing at the time of my order on 3/8/22 will be honored and any price increases will be refunded/credited via "rebates from Ford".

joe_r95

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 F150, 15 escape. 67 scout
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW: I just texted my dealer (always nice to have a "paper trail") on this matter. He said my pricing at the time of my order on 3/8/22 will be honored and any price increases will be refunded/credited via "rebates from Ford".
That's incorrect the dealer will get the rebate from Ford after selling you the vehicle. If you haven't altered the order in any way and did the 23 roll over in September of 22 you should at least be getting pricing from that date when you signed the contract. Someone on here can see look up the offer on Smart Vincent to see if you have a code there for previous years. I don't remember who though. On mine the price was level "315" that I will be charged when it comes in, level 345 I think was the latest and it was several thousand more.

Sponsored

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford is honoring "Price Protection" which as stated in the graphic Locks in Price from any increases happening within the model year. Ford is honoring any "Transition Private Offers" for those that had a 22MY unscheduled order. The dealer should honor one or both of these for 23MY deliveries.

Ford said they don't plan to provide Transition Private Offers going forward, 24MY and on. But Price Protection will continue to be honored for any price Increases happening within the model year. Basically, if you ordered a 23MY on 3/27, that is the price the dealer is to charge you, not the price on the window sticker if there is a price increase after that date.
My dealer said the exact opposite, they wont sign on price until the window sticker appears. Said they have been burned a couple of times on it.

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I also have a private offer from reservation, I ordered last September telling dealer I didn’t want it till summer. It was built in November and delivered end of January. I couldn’t take it, reordered on April 4th and ford chat told me it was still active and good for my new order. It expires early July but I can call and they will extend it.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have read the post numerous times and sent it to my dealer and they sent it to the Ford rep and the Ford rep says sorry
I've been told the same thing. Reservation holder since July 2020. Placed an order each year on time. No certificate exists verified by both dealer and Ford Marketing. Ford Rep says if it doesn't exist then no Private Offer. Makes no sense. I'm being told wait until it gets built and then the certificate will show up.

Last edited:

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just talked to ford chat and they told me that my offer is still good, but I had a secondary private offer number. This was not there when I talked to them a couple of weeks ago. The first one is for 2750 and the other is for 2350. Both under the same group number. She thought that was odd also.

Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered two Broncos on Sept. 20, 2020. One was for my business and the other for personal. Walked through ordering a 21', 22' and finally a 23' for each. Took delivery of the first one in February. Window sticker and order matched and the price protection worked perfectly. Happy customer. The next one is now here. Order was revised to a 23' on October 27, 2022 per Ford request. MSRP $63,710 at that time. Bronco shows up and the sticker now say $67,470. Ford is telling the dealer there is no MY2023 Retail Price Protection even though we check all the boxes to receive it and also there will be no price protection for holding a reservation since Sept. 20, 2020 because it is one per household. Can anyone help to clarify why Ford after screwing this entire launch up would screw a customer after waiting 2 1/2 years. Any comments or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Chris
More likely the dealer is screwing you not Ford. Unless you made major changes to your order that would negate the price protection (your dealer would have had that knowledge if they were competent and helped you avoid doing that) there is still model year transition price protection that shows up as a certificate in your Smart Vincent that they pull while working up numbers. There is also price protection for changes throughout the model year. That money is given to the dealer by Ford even though its meant for customers. So with that bit, its at their discretion. If they didn't explain it to you as such before hand, that is pretty shitty. I am not aware of any per household limitations... would have to have someone still working for Ford check on that. I've been out of the dealer life for over a year and a half. Also possible there is another factor not mentioned that is the real issue... so I could be wrong all together.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's incorrect the dealer will get the rebate from Ford after selling you the vehicle. If you haven't altered the order in any way and did the 23 roll over in September of 22 you should at least be getting pricing from that date when you signed the contract. Someone on here can see look up the offer on Smart Vincent to see if you have a code there for previous years. I don't remember who though. On mine the price was level "315" that I will be charged when it comes in, level 345 I think was the latest and it was several thousand more.
So yeah, pricing changes throughout the model year go to the dealer, but they are designed for customer use unless the dealer decides otherwise. Many will apply this @ the point of sale if they know for a fact they will get it back. If they don't want to assume the risk, some will cut you a check once Ford reimburses them.

bronc0000

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Wilderness
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ordered two Broncos on Sept. 20, 2020. One was for my business and the other for personal. Walked through ordering a 21', 22' and finally a 23' for each. Took delivery of the first one in February. Window sticker and order matched and the price protection worked perfectly. Happy customer. The next one is now here. Order was revised to a 23' on October 27, 2022 per Ford request. MSRP $63,710 at that time. Bronco shows up and the sticker now say $67,470. Ford is telling the dealer there is no MY2023 Retail Price Protection even though we check all the boxes to receive it and also there will be no price protection for holding a reservation since Sept. 20, 2020 because it is one per household. Can anyone help to clarify why Ford after screwing this entire launch up would screw a customer after waiting 2 1/2 years. Any comments or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Chris
This just happened to me. I wanted to get all the numbers out of the way, my Bronco will be here in like 4 days. It came to PP they said no 23 MY PP. I told him him I didn't think he had it right, which pidded him off. I don't care how pissed he is, trust me it does not come close to how pissed I am at Ford. Please let me know what you find out. Thank you!

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's incorrect the dealer will get the rebate from Ford after selling you the vehicle.
You're "splitting hairs" on his wording, the dealer will get the rebate from Ford afterwards and they can either cut you a check after they get it, or give it to you when you purchase. Just like any other rebate any dealer offers, they get it from the manufacture after selling you the vehicle, hence the word Rebate. His sentence didn't say he'd get the rebate from Ford.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been told the same thing. Reservation holder since July 2020. Placed an order each year on time. No certificate exists verified by both dealer and Ford Marketing. Ford Rep says if it doesn't exist then no Private Offer. Makes no sense. I'm being told wait until it gets built and then the certificate will show up.
Your profile says undecided on trim, how do you have an order without selecting a trim level? Your certificate will show up when it's scheduled to be built, mine did. It is based on time and number of doors and the trim so how is it your undecided and have an order? For what?
Sponsored