First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra AT4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered two Broncos on Sept. 20, 2020. One was for my business and the other for personal. Walked through ordering a 21', 22' and finally a 23' for each. Took delivery of the first one in February. Window sticker and order matched and the price protection worked perfectly. Happy customer. The next one is now here. Order was revised to a 23' on October 27, 2022 per Ford request. MSRP $63,710 at that time. Bronco shows up and the sticker now say $67,470. Ford is telling the dealer there is no MY2023 Retail Price Protection even though we check all the boxes to receive it and also there will be no price protection for holding a reservation since Sept. 20, 2020 because it is one per household. Can anyone help to clarify why Ford after screwing this entire launch up would screw a customer after waiting 2 1/2 years. Any comments or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Chris
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like the dealer is trying to pull a fast one on you. There is no 1 per household price protection BS.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have a copy of the communication Ford sent to your dealer detailing this new policy change? If not, I would ask to see a copy of it.

Your window sticker will always match the current pricing of when the sticker was first produced. It will not reflect order pricing if price increases have occurred between order and window sticker date. Retail Price protection is automatic and refunded to the dealer.

Also, your Model Year Transition offer certificate and amount can be had by calling Ford customer service. There is no reason that your dealer shouldn't try to apply it because it does not affect their profit on the sale.

If you haven't already, read this post, re-read it and then read it again.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered two Broncos on Sept. 20, 2020. One was for my business and the other for personal. Walked through ordering a 21', 22' and finally a 23' for each. Took delivery of the first one in February. Window sticker and order matched and the price protection worked perfectly. Happy customer. The next one is now here. Order was revised to a 23' on October 27, 2022 per Ford request. MSRP $63,710 at that time. Bronco shows up and the sticker now say $67,470. Ford is telling the dealer there is no MY2023 Retail Price Protection even though we check all the boxes to receive it and also there will be no price protection for holding a reservation since Sept. 20, 2020 because it is one per household. Can anyone help to clarify why Ford after screwing this entire launch up would screw a customer after waiting 2 1/2 years. Any comments or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Chris
Being the first one was delivered in February, there were no retail protections to be applied at that time due to no increases in model year 2023. So you should have gotten the private offer and then paid the same price as when you reordered in Setp/Oct. Now today, there can be up to 3 increases this year depending on your build week. All are to be refunded by the dealer, not Ford. When the dealer shows that the person that ordered is the same as the one that purchased, the invoice is automatically refunded to them. If it is not passed on, the money goes into their pocket. There is no 1 per household. They are playing games.

They didn't do retail protection on the first order because there was none needed. This one is different and all on the dealer.

OP
OP

BACKWOODS23

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra AT4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have a copy of the communication Ford sent to your dealer detailing this new policy change? If not, I would ask to see a copy of it.

Your window sticker will always match the current pricing of when the sticker was first produced. It will not reflect order pricing if price increases have occurred between order and window sticker date. Retail Price protection is automatic and refunded to the dealer.

Also, your Model Year Transition offer certificate and amount can be had by calling Ford customer service. There is no reason that your dealer shouldn't try to apply it because it does not affect their profit on the sale.

If you haven't already, read this post, re-read it and then read it again.
I have read the post numerous times and sent it to my dealer and they sent it to the Ford rep and the Ford rep says sorry

gmbtahoe

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What did you do? Just bite hard and pay it?
For now. I’m doing some research and making some calls to find out what the story is. Also, trying to get paperwork from the dealer is like pulling teeth. And..I have to wait until some person is back from vacation to get my 100 reservation deposit back. It just keeps going. I am definitely very happy with the bronco, just no the procedure

OP
OP

BACKWOODS23

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra AT4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Being the first one was delivered in February, there were no retail protections to be applied at that time due to no increases in model year 2023. So you should have gotten the private offer and then paid the same price as when you reordered in Setp/Oct. Now today, there can be up to 3 increases this year depending on your build week. All are to be refunded by the dealer, not Ford. When the dealer shows that the person that ordered is the same as the one that purchased, the invoice is automatically refunded to them. If it is not passed on, the money goes into their pocket. There is no 1 per household. They are playing games.

They didn't do retail protection on the first order because there was none needed. This one is different and all on the dealer.
I fully understand the first one didn’t need it and that does make sense. Sad part is the actually trust this dealer as I have purchased on average 5 vehicles a year from them for my business. They have pushed back hard on their Ford rep and the rep is saying there is nothing they can can. So I am at a loss. I don’t think they are dishonest but like many things with the Bronco, Fords communication is not great. Anyone know of a way to elevate the issue above a rep?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you know they actually contacted their rep? Can you find out his or her information and ask directly? What they are saying doesn't make sense.

There are several posts on here with Ford execs emails but that would take a bit of time which if its at the dealer would probably not be an option.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
No retail price protection would be a major departure from how Ford has done things for the past 40+ years. Ford doesn't just do retail price protection on Bronco, it's on all Ford and Lincoln products.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sorry to read this. Please keep us posted on the outcome.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No retail price protection would be a major departure from how Ford has done things for the past 40+ years. Ford doesn't just do retail price protection on Bronco, it's on all Ford and Lincoln products.
Ford Lightning reservation holders would disagree with you on this.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Lightning reservation holders would disagree with you on this.
Ford learned from Bronco and Maverick on Lightning. With Lightning, you got a call from your dealership to pre-configure your order, then a couple months later you got a call to come in and actually place your order.

No price protection from reservation to actual order.

My Boss ordered one, was built in Feb, but he turned it down because it wouldn't fit in his garage and thus did not have a reasonable charging solution. Ended up buying an electric Mercedes instead.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lets summon some reputable dealers with a forum presence for clarification:

@Zach@Granger
@FordVideoGuy
@Alpha1_Silverback