rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if i understand you correctly you are saying sell more, get more for dealers. bad and unfair for less populated areas, and creates the amazon/walmart. you will have one dealer in the east and one in the west.

it sucks but allocations are good, and i live in a larger place. i'd rather every dealer gets some broncos. dealers make most revenue on trade-ins and service. new car markup is relatively low unless you are a shitbag dealer and marking them up.
yes ,that what Granger was complaining about because Ford was pushing dealers to sell more Bronco sports last year and they are in a small town were they not going sell a loot of the sports
I understand what you are saying, but we all know that dealers have a certain amount of allocation. This isn't really a news at this point.

If everyone is placing an order with Granger and then trying to transfer out of Granger to another dealer with allocation, this tells me otherwise. Why don't they simply place their order with the other dealers to begin with? A dealer either is, or is not adding ADM. Starting with one dealer and then moving it to another only complicates a process that is already troublesome enough.

The only reason to transfer would be if you are

Correct... It the very beginning Ford was clear that your money was going to your choice of dealership and that nobody was buying a vehicle from Ford.
When most people placed there orders or moved there reservation there was no allocations at the time Ford said they go off when reservations were put in and thats why Granger and other dealers gave people deals at first then stoped giving them when Ford changed the game .
Sponsored

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yes ,that what Granger was complaining about because Ford was pushing dealers to sell more Bronco sports last year and they are in a small town were they not going sell a loot of the sports

When most people placed there orders or moved there reservation there was no allocations at the time Ford said they go off when reservations were put in and thats why Granger and other dealers gave people deals at first then stoped giving them when Ford changed the game .
Yes, Ford did say that reservation stamp would be ONE PART of the process, but they also warned that it would not strictly be "first come, first served" and that it would be a complicated process due to parts, inventory, allocations, etc. They were also careful in many of the statements to make sure they referred to the original 2021 January-march ordering dates.

It seems that everyone took just one piece of the process and forgot about all of the other issues and assumed that the rules would apply forever.

Why would it ever make sense for Ford to ship so many units to a single dealer when it would clearly alienate their other dealers to do so?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let’s clear up one point about Granger. Their original pricing is consistent with how they price mass produced vehicles in their business model. Ford and other dealers haven’t made an issue out of their business model until this particular rollout. Why? Because the big volume dealerships realized they’d have to actually work to obtain units with the original Ford rollout formula for Broncos. So they large volume dealers became the squeaky very loud wheel. Granger wanted to sell as many broncos as they could at the time. Their “deal” is simply how they do business every day. Don’t believe me? Call them and ask for a quote on a mass produced F150.

The perfect storm is 200,000 reservations for a vehicle Ford can’t produce in mass quantities. If covid and supply shortages never happened, i believe Granger, SAC, and Chapman would be able to fulfill their numbers within the first 2-3 model years. And many of these threads shaming and blaming wouldn’t exist.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Let’s clear up one point about Granger. Their original pricing is consistent with how they price mass produced vehicles in their business model. Ford and other dealers haven’t made an issue out of their business model until this particular rollout. Why? Because the big volume dealerships realized they’d have to actually work to obtain units with the original Ford rollout formula for Broncos. So they large volume dealers became the squeaky very loud wheel. Granger wanted to sell as many broncos as they could at the time. Their “deal” is simply how they do business every day. Don’t believe me? Call them and ask for a quote on a mass produced F150.

The perfect storm is 200,000 reservations for a vehicle Ford can’t produce in mass quantities. If covid and supply shortages never happened, i believe Granger, SAC, and Chapman would be able to fulfill their numbers within the first 2-3 model years. And many of these threads shaming and blaming wouldn’t exist.
Thank you. This is why it irks me when people say Granger was trying to "game the system" selling Broncos below invoice. Granger sells EVERYTHING at a deep discount. (Ok, maybe not everything. I think they said they don't discount the Ford GT, or something like that.😘)

Want a Wrangler? Save 4%. Bronco Sport? 6%. F-150? Explorer? Ranger? Ram truck? Dodge? Grand Cherokee? Everything is at deep discounts. This was their business model even before Bronco.

Plus, as an added bonus, they are a bunch of really wonderful, honest, hard-working people. Ford in effect already sold a bunch of Jeeps when Granger customers bought Wranglers from Granger to hold them over. And if Ford takes too long to allocate a Bronco for me, the Dakota is supposed to be back soon and I'll just buy one if those from Granger.😍😍

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

imagine you are selling widgets. you can make 100 a day. you open preorders for widgets.

you sell 1200 widgets! you plan to ramp up production but it's going to take around a year to get all the widgets out.

then a pandemic hits. supply chain, personnel, and delivery issues impact widgets. you can only make 25 widgets a day and deliver them. you realize people ordered multiple widgets because the preorder cost was too low. if they cancel resellers can take them and sell at a markup.

what do you do? if you go by order number some people may get 3 before someone that needs 1 can get it. its also not equally represented. some resellers are offering discounts to move more, making the problem worse. now people that ordered 3 will go to the cheap reseller to maximize profit and leave some great retailers behind.

the only logical move is to do allocations. each reseller you have gets a percent based on orders and volume. this way your product is represented everywhere and more people get a chance. most likely if you ordered multiple you are in a geographic location.

it makes sense. sucks for some people, myself included but it is the right thing. i just hope they start doing more direct or holding dealers to a markup limit.

edit: granger is stand-up, make no mistake. if more dealers were like them this problem wouldn't be as bad seeing it would be the standard. it was just the perfect storm here.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After 2 1/2 months of multiple phone conversations with Ford trying to move our order from Granger to a local dealer, I was informed today that Ford will NOT ALLOW the order transfer. ALL order holders at Granger, Stephens, etc must wait MANY YEARS to get their Broncos.

We were told we could move our orders to dealers that have allocation, but @Ford Motor Company has decided to not allow this. Many people, besides myself, have endured hours of waiting on hold over and over again to resolve this issue. What a fooKing waste of time! Based upon Granger's order list, my wife may receive her Bronco in 2026-2027. Any guesses about the price guarantee 4-5 years from now?
I am due for about 2029 or so.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
imagine you are selling widgets. you can make 100 a day. you open preorders for widgets.

you sell 1200 widgets! you plan to ramp up production but it's going to take around a year to get all the widgets out.

then a pandemic hits. supply chain, personnel, and delivery issues impact widgets. you can only make 25 widgets a day and deliver them. you realize people ordered multiple widgets because the preorder cost was too low. if they cancel resellers can take them and sell at a markup.

what do you do? if you go by order number some people may get 3 before someone that needs 1 can get it. its also not equally represented. some resellers are offering discounts to move more, making the problem worse. now people that ordered 3 will go to the cheap reseller to maximize profit and leave some great retailers behind.

the only logical move is to do allocations. each reseller you have gets a percent based on orders and volume. this way your product is represented everywhere and more people get a chance. most likely if you ordered multiple you are in a geographic location.

it makes sense. sucks for some people, myself included but it is the right thing. i just hope they start doing more direct or holding dealers to a markup limit.

edit: granger is stand-up, make no mistake. if more dealers were like them this problem wouldn't be as bad seeing it would be the standard. it was just the perfect storm here.

Sure, you could do allocations, or you could fill the orders in the order received.

Those who believe allocation should come first think that even though there maybe 150,000 people in line, it would be ok for me to jump in around place 10,000 or so because of allocation, even though everyone else was in line for a year. Call me crazy, but I think that you should deliver all your 2021's to the people in line before you start delivering 2022's to people who only ordered 2 or 3 months ago.

Bottom line, is that the system is unfair and that is the only reason I have a Bronco.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, Ford did say that reservation stamp would be ONE PART of the process, but they also warned that it would not strictly be "first come, first served" and that it would be a complicated process due to parts, inventory, allocations, etc. They were also careful in many of the statements to make sure they referred to the original 2021 January-march ordering dates.

It seems that everyone took just one piece of the process and forgot about all of the other issues and assumed that the rules would apply forever.

Why would it ever make sense for Ford to ship so many units to a single dealer when it would clearly alienate their other dealers to do so?
"Yes, Ford did say that reservation stamp would be ONE PART of the process, but they also warned that it would not strictly be "first come, first served" and that it would be a complicated process due to parts, inventory, allocations, etc."

Where did Ford state or imply that prior to 7/13/20 and thru about 4/1/21 when the hype was in full swing, and dealers where advertising and starting to place orders in 1/21'? Your statement doesn't reflect reality at that time, Ford changed the rules, nobody can deny that. I can guarantee you that if Granger said in 12/20 and 1/21 that "you can order with us for $2k below invoice but it might be three years before you will take possession", that it would have definitely changed their sales lol.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

"Yes, Ford did say that reservation stamp would be ONE PART of the process, but they also warned that it would not strictly be "first come, first served" and that it would be a complicated process due to parts, inventory, allocations, etc."

Where did Ford state or imply that prior to 7/13/20 and thru about 4/1/21 when the hype was in full swing, and dealers where advertising and starting to place orders in 1/21'? Your statement doesn't reflect reality at that time, Ford changed the rules, nobody can deny that. I can guarantee you that if Granger said in 12/20 and 1/21 that "you can order with us for $2k below invoice but it might be three years before you will take possession", that it would have definitely changed their sales lol.
Here’s one of the places the said that. Right at about the 2”3 minute mark they said “your reservation holds your place in line as long as you place your order by March 2021.”

Once again, you’re making my point for me. Ford was saying one thing (not dealers), and people were hearing and hoping for something else.
I actually don’t blame granger. They probably did what they thought was best for everyone and seem to be an active and standup dealer that wants to be part of the community. I applaud them for much of what I see.
I just don’t think people were thinking about the real practicality that Ford corporate would ever really let one dealer dominate the hottest new product they’ve had in years. It isn’t practical or probably for a business to do so. .

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

That's the part they failed to make clear. They were aware they were only good on 1 of 3 factors that determined their allocation and when the numbers got high, should should have posted a disclaimer warning interested parties that the wait could be in years not months.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here’s one of the places the said that. Right at about the 2”3 minute mark they said “your reservation holds your place in line as long as you place your order by March 2021.”

Once again, you’re making my point for me. Ford was saying one thing (not dealers), and people were hearing and hoping for something else.
I actually don’t blame granger. They probably did what they thought was best for everyone and seem to be an active and standup dealer that wants to be part of the community. I applaud them for much of what I see.
I just don’t think people were thinking about the real practicality that Ford corporate would ever really let one dealer dominate the hottest new product they’ve had in years. It isn’t practical or probably for a business to do so. .
Some interesting reading in this thread from Oct 2020.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/allocation-reservation-summary-and-real-world-example.6254/

And this one
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/dealer-info-from-9-25-meeting.5797/page-2

Last edited:

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So from 2:45-3:20 he states exactly what I'm referring to, and what you're referring to in that "they can only build so many Sasq because of parts" so would that not lead one to believe that early reservation, first ones to get those parts? The grossly underestimated the number of high end builds imo, that really put them at another disadvantage. By the time the hard top disaster was being discovered, the whole project was spiraling down out of control.

Was any of that info in any Ford release, or just a Youtube?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The grossly underestimated the number of high end builds imo, that really put them at another disadvantage. By the time the hard top disaster was being discovered, the whole project was spiraling down out of control.

Was any of that info in any Ford release, or just a Youtube?
This is something that can not be understated how much they underestimated demand for high end builds. Offering Sasquatch on every trim is amazing, but honestly I think that was one of their biggest mistakes, at least for year one.
Sponsored