Sponsored

Dealer; Ford will not allow order change.

andysaurus_rex

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The benefit would be less work on their end, no? Not saying this is the case, but does seem like a possibility.
It takes very little work to edit a build. It takes more work for me to explain to a customer that I can’t edit their build for X Y or Z reason than it does to just edit the build. Takes all of 2 minutes. It is possible that they just can’t be fussed, but to go as far as to back the build status and say “sorry can’t do it” when they actually can is like asking someone to grab you a coke out of the fridge on their way over to the couch only for them to open the fridge and say “damn sorry we’re out of coke” even though there’s plenty in there and then still walk over to the couch. They’ve gone through all the work that it takes to do the thing being asked of them, so to not edit the build at that point doesn’t make sense unless they actually can’t do it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DUSTYcazOREGON

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The priority (10) is a dealer thing, not Ford. That just means that the dealer is ready for the vehicle to be put into production, in other words, the order is not on hold. You can make changes to the order up until the day Ford picks it for production. When Ford notifies you that you have a VIN#, no changes can be made..
Yeah I am fully aware of this. This was different. My only guess it is about to get a VIN and changes cannot be made. I don't know...it's why I asked.

OP
OP
DUSTYcazOREGON

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your dealer has lied. I was a 10 from the first day of my order. I made an order change with my Bronco in the preview stage. As stated earlier, they are lying.
IMO he is not lying. I have bought other vehicles here and he has been more than helpful over the last 19 months. Not sure what is going on.

OP
OP
DUSTYcazOREGON

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think the dealer is lying. If the vehicle is "previewing" you will not be able to modify the order. That happened to me. A few weeks later I was able to change my color when I had VIN, and had a production week. However, maybe a week before I changed my color I couldn't modify anything. the only difference being was my production date was pushed back 2 weeks.

I think it depends on stages of the order process on Ford's side, not the dealer. My dealer sent me this picture when I tried to make a recent change.

-2474272357019712171.jpg
Thank you....my guess as well. And thanks for a real response instead of some of the sarcastic ones. FYI to others....I have been here a long time and am aware of what's up.

OP
OP
DUSTYcazOREGON

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When did you place your order? If it's been between 80 to 200 days, I'd say it's bout time they are getting ready for your build date.
7-15-20 reservation. Ordered I believe it was October 2020. Pushed to MY22, re-ordered in October 2021. Yeah....I am one of the many that have been waiting.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hope you get it soon...we are almost neighbors

OP
OP
DUSTYcazOREGON

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think dealers are just tired of customers calling and constantly making changes to try to improve their chances of getting pulled. They don't want to bother with it.

Also think about it. If you can make a change to what you really want there is a chance you may walk away from it. That gives them another stock unit to sell with ADM.

I think at this point there are many dealers actually hoping people walk away. They see dollar signs when that happens.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO he is not lying. I have bought other vehicles here and he has been more than helpful over the last 19 months. Not sure what is going on.
No problem. Just relaying my experience. My dealer instantly looks up my order status whenever I ask. My dealer had no issue swapping my motor choice on my order while the order was in the preview stage. I const read on this forum where folks report dealers can’t tell them any info regarding their orders or can’t alter orders. My experience has proven otherwise. Good luck and have a great day.

OP
OP
DUSTYcazOREGON

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think dealers are just tired of customers calling and constantly making changes to try to improve their chances of getting pulled. They don't want to bother with it.

Also think about it. If you can make a change to what you really want there is a chance you may walk away from it. That gives them another stock unit to sell with ADM.

I think at this point there are many dealers actually hoping people walk away. They see dollar signs when that happens.
This is not what my Dealer is doing. Have full confidence in them and my Salesman.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone else heard of this or have it happen???

I called my Dealer today to drop the tow package (you know why....no explanation needed). He said he was just notified that my order and about 10 others were now flagged with a Priority 10 code and that NOTHING on the order could be changed. I said I was already a 10 priority at the Dealer and he said this was on Ford's end. I asked what that meant. He was unsure but believes the orders in question are getting ready for scheduling. I have confidence in my Dealer and Salesperson. Not getting my hopes up at all.

Has anyone heard of this?
Thanks

BroncoZ.jpg
Good Lord, some of the dealer employess are just to stupid to live. If I was that bad in my last jobs I would have been fired in a skinny minute. Maybe call Ford customer support, and have them contact that ingnorant ass. That should get things fixed. Good luck, and don't get too close to the employee that told you that. That much stupid may be contagious.

BTW, as stated a 10 priority code doesn't mean shit when it comes to changing your order options.

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would caution anyone reading this thread to consider that nearly every post here starts with “My dealer said.”

OP
OP
DUSTYcazOREGON

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good Lord, some of the dealer employess are just to stupid to live. If I was that bad in my last jobs I would have been fired in a skinny minute. Maybe call Ford customer support, and have them contact that ingnorant ass. That should get things fixed. Good luck, and don't get too close to the employee that told you that. That much stupid may be contagious.

BTW, as stated a 10 priority code doesn't mean shit when it comes to changing your order options.
As stated above by two other posters....they had the same thing occur when their order was in "Preview" stage. My salesman has no problem doing or changing anything I want. 2 months ago I got a new Ranger Tremor from them and the service was above 100%. They installed all my Ford accessories at no cost. MSRP and other perks. Don't be in such a rush to criticize....not all Ford employees are "ignorant asses" and "stupid" as you stated.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As stated above by two other posters....they had the same thing occur when their order was in "Preview" stage. My salesman has no problem doing or changing anything I want. 2 months ago I got a new Ranger Tremor from them and the service was above 100%. They installed all my Ford accessories at no cost. MSRP and other perks. Don't be in such a rush to criticize....not all Ford employees are "ignorant asses" and "stupid" as you stated.

Thus the use of the words "some dealer employees". Didn't you say they told you your order couldn't be changed because it was a priority 10 code? Now you're saying that your salesman has no problem changing anything you want. If your Bronco is in 'preview", you didn't state that in your OG post. Excuse me, but I'm confused.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I changed my order this morning, removed Tow/2.7/& auto.
Sponsored