Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The buyers I've seen that either wanted to transfer/have transferred didn't expect to get the Granger deal at the dealership they transferred to, but they were wanting to know what price they'd be charged. Just like everyone else, they were wanting the terms of the deal in writing like every buyer should get from the seller. Most I saw or interacted with, wanted to find a "local" dealer committing to MSRP.
I understand what you are saying, but we all know that dealers have a certain amount of allocation. This isn't really a news at this point.

If everyone is placing an order with Granger and then trying to transfer out of Granger to another dealer with allocation, this tells me otherwise. Why don't they simply place their order with the other dealers to begin with? A dealer either is, or is not adding ADM. Starting with one dealer and then moving it to another only complicates a process that is already troublesome enough.

The only reason to transfer would be if you are
$100 deposit went to the dealership not Ford. Ford didn't have anyone's money.
Correct... It the very beginning Ford was clear that your money was going to your choice of dealership and that nobody was buying a vehicle from Ford.
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I understand what you are saying, but we all know that dealers have a certain amount of allocation. This isn't really a news at this point.

If everyone is placing an order with Granger and then trying to transfer out of Granger to another dealer with allocation, this tells me otherwise. Why don't they simply place their order with the other dealers to begin with? A dealer either is, or is not adding ADM. Starting with one dealer and then moving it to another only complicates a process that is already troublesome enough.

Correct... It the very beginning Ford was clear that your money was going to your choice of dealership and that nobody was buying a vehicle from Ford.
Easy answer from my point of view, i lose my price protection. Which in the end, i might lose it anyway. It’s why I’m pursuing local dealers as we speak for MY23.

i didn’t place my order originally with a local dealer, because none of them would discuss pricing with me. Zero commitment to MSRP. I went with Granger and here we are, but at least now local dealers are committing to MSRP.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's funny to read this thread and think about the history contained in this forum.
In summer and fall 2020 Ford and its reps were applauding Chapman/Granger/SAC for their business acumen and their success in collecting reservations. At the fall 2020 dealers meeting Granger was singled out and complimented on their creativity with the Grangtober deal, which would have increased their reservations under the allocation rules at the time
Here we are 18 months later and the "I told you so" crowd is out in force.
I stand by my decision to give up a mid August reservation for Oct 1 at a Granger. Granger has been great to deal with. At the time I figured the deal would cost me six months. Little did I know that Ford would soon kneecap any dealer that dared to sell more than they were supposed to

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I Love the disclaimer at the end….. Uh what the hell was the point of a reservation anyway then! I mean really just some kind of marketing research? Uh how many people really are interested? It seems like a way of making you feel special then telling you oh thanks for your interest but we’re not honoring your place inline! Next!

A07011FA-4DBA-49B8-A8CA-1DC6A322DFB7.png
I feel it wasn't about making me feel special. I think it was about publicizing how many reservations they had then turning that hype into stock market profit. I feel used. They used my $100 and July 14th reservation to turn a profit in their valuation. It has only gone up since they released the numbers of reservations and I still haven't been scheduled.

olooney

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
non ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know if Ford is willing to tell you how many orders the dealer has and what their allocation for the year is?

Sponsored

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if Ford is willing to tell you how many orders the dealer has and what their allocation for the year is?
I don't know but I'd be shocked if they did. They would tell you to ask your dealer.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's funny to read this thread and think about the history contained in this forum.
In summer and fall 2020 Ford and its reps were applauding Chapman/Granger/SAC for their business acumen and their success in collecting reservations. At the fall 2020 dealers meeting Granger was singled out and complimented on their creativity with the Grangtober deal, which would have increased their reservations under the allocation rules at the time
Here we are 18 months later and the "I told you so" crowd is out in force.
I stand by my decision to give up a mid August reservation for Oct 1 at a Granger. Granger has been great to deal with. At the time I figured the deal would cost me six months. Little did I know that Ford would soon kneecap any dealer that dared to sell more than they were supposed to
Exactly. Granger did everything they could to try and get early reservation holders their Broncos. They are still trying to get more reservations by following the new rules Ford has set.
I also gave up an earlier reservation and signed up for October and there were no indications at the time the rules would change so much or that people ordering at a later date would get their Broncos before reservation holders.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Agreed that dealers have allocations and everyone understood this. Ford changed the allocation formulas for 2022 to favor big dealers. No one saw that coming, especially the way they were doing the allocations at the time.

Why did so many people sign up with Granger? Because none of the local dealerships in my area, and we tried them all, would commit to pricing.

Look at all the adm threads out there, or the dealer stole my reservation to sell to someone else for more money. Many of us saw this coming when dealers would not commit.

I've already had to buy another jeep due to Ford's non-commitment to reservation holders and 10 to 15k markups on local Broncos. If they cant deliver my reservation by 2023, I will just have to get another jeep.

Last edited:

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Agreed that dealers have allocations and everyone understood this. Ford changed the allocation formulas for 2022 to favor big dealers. No one saw that coming, especially the way they were doing the allocations at the time.

Why did so many people sign up with Granger? Because none of the local dealerships in my area, and we tried them all, would commit to pricing.
i get that, but it only furthers my point.

ford has always based allocation numbers on big sales. From the very beginning, ford told people that allocations would be limited partially by dealer quantity and that the vast majority of people from 2021 would be waiting until 2022 model year because of allocations and parts constraints. Most people just never thought the pandemic and great resignation would make the problems so bad.

In my opinion it was really the dealers that were trying to rig the system. Unfortunately they fooled a lot of people into placing more orders than any dealer would ever get allocated.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i get that, but it only furthers my point.

ford has always based allocation numbers on big sales. From the very beginning, ford told people that allocations would be limited partially by dealer quantity and that the vast majority of people from 2021 would be waiting until 2022 model year because of allocations and parts constraints. Most people just never thought the pandemic and great resignation would make the problems so bad.

In my opinion it was really the dealers that were trying to rig the system. Unfortunately they fooled a lot of people into placing more orders than any dealer would ever get allocated.
At the time they were mostly basing the allocations on big sales of Broncos, not overall big sales for the dealership. 2022 allocations would have been bigger for the dealers with more Bronco sales in 2021. Ford was trying to get everyone excited about the Bronco at the time. Now Ford allocations are based on Bronco sport sales, and overall sales.
There was no gaming or rigging. They were following the rules that were given to them at the time.
It was only after the big dealers that avoided customers saw how many sales they lost and complained to Ford that Ford changed the allocation formulas.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going to do my best unpack your comment even though you weren't replying to me

So let me get the right. You want Ford to wipe your ass because you tried to cheat the system and take the easy road.
Well all of that is uncalled for. Nobody that reserved with granger or Stephen was trying to cheat a system. Idk how long you've been on this forum but back in 2020 granger was one of the only dealerships in the country that was doing it's research on the bronco and was passing info along to this forum. They EARNED out of state business.
I have been around a long time and there is an old saying-if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
Usually true. Granger's deal was a great deal based off the information Ford had presented. Ford changed the rules after the fact. That's not our fault and it's not granger's fault. It's Ford's fault.
This whole problem has been created by ass hats like you.
Again, uncalled for. You said you've been around a long time. That must mean you've been on the internet a long time. Does putting people down on the internet make you feel like a big man?
If people would stick with their local dealerships, then the allocation system would be a moot point but when people from California order from West Virginia, these dealers did not have the number of sales to warrant the increased allocations. That in turn screws other dealerships. As long as people are price point shoppers who care about nothing but the all mighty dollar, the problem will continue to exist.
What's wrong with shopping for a deal? Legitimately, what's wrong with that? Has it occurred to you that customers looking for a deal maybe are not the problem? Maybe the antiquated dealership middleman is the problem? Sleezy salesman and dishonest sales managers charging outrageous costs for little to no value when companies like Tesla are proving you can skip the greedy middleman and sell direct to consumer.

Going off what I said earlier, Granger earned everybody's business with their deal and their transparency from the very beginning. A lot of people ordered from Granger because of the culture and excitement that was brewing on this forum. Yes, they were saving money with granger on their bronco but still spending tons of money traveling across the country! Again, it's not granger's fault Ford changed the rules to appease dishonest, greedy volume dealerships.
Must be a liberal millennial.
Lol what? Obligatory "boomer" reply I guess.

You're making yourself look really bad. You sound like a salesman at a volume dealership, I'm not going to lie.

Edit: yup you just joined this forum a few days ago. Who joins a forum and immediately starts trash talking people? The rest of us that have been on this forum for years are here to have a good time talking all things bronco. Get a life!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At the time they were basing the allocations on big sales of Broncos, not overall big sales for the dealership. 2022 allocations would have been bigger for the dealers with more Bronco sales in 2021. Ford was trying to get everyone excited about the Bronco at the time. Now Ford allocations are based on Bronco sport sales, and overall sales.
There was no gaming or rigging. They were following the rules that were given to them at the time.
It was only after the big dealers that avoided customers saw how many sales they lost and complained to Ford that Ford changed the allocation formulas.
The following was posted here by 72roadster on Oct 6 2020.

• Dealers are instructed to place orders in order of timestamp, but don't have to, thats the "kinda" part
  • 50% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers number of bronco reservations
  • 25% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers sales volume
  • 25% of the reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the sales of jeeps/4Runners in market
Also in the same thread.

Delivery of your order is dependent on several factors

• The time of your reservation (kinda).
  • The number of reservations received at your dealer
  • The volume of sales the dealer has placed in the past
  • The number of Jeeps and 4runners sold in that market
This is where I believe the dealer should have known they wouldn't be able to deliver the volume of orders they took in a timely manor, keeping in mind this thread was Oct 2020, way before orders began.

Last edited:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The following was posted here by 72roadster on Oct 6 2020.

• Dealers are instructed to place orders in order of timestamp, but don't have to, thats the "kinda" part
  • 50% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers number of bronco reservations
  • 25% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers sales volume
  • 25% of the reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the sales of jeeps/4Runners in market
Exactly, so 50 percent of reservations would be fulfilled based on Bronco reservations. There was a big incentive for dealers to get more reservations. In 2022, that went away. Ford also said all reservations would be filled before retail orders.
If customers or dealers thought a reservation in October 2020 would not be filled until 2027 no one would have reserved at that dealer and the dealer would not have allowed it.
Really none of this matters anymore. Ford can either fill reservations for people still waiting or lose these customers to other brands.

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly, so 50 percent of reservations would be fulfilled based on Bronco reservations. There was a big incentive for dealers to get more reservations. In 2022, that went away. Ford also said all reservations would be filled before retail orders.
If customers or dealers thought a reservation in October 2020 would not be filled until 2027 no one would have reserved at that dealer and the dealer would not have allowed it.
Really none of this matters anymore. Ford can either fill reservations for people still waiting or lose these customers to other brands.
That's why I think the dealer wasn't clear enough about the length of wait time. I have a feeling most expected even if they were near the end of the line, they'd have their Bronco by now.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Going off what I said earlier, Granger earned everybody's business with their deal and their transparency from the very beginning. A lot of people ordered from Granger because of the culture and excitement that was brewing on this forum. Yes, they were saving money with granger on their bronco but still spending tons of money traveling across the country! Again, it's not granger's fault Ford changed the rules to appease dishonest, greedy volume dealerships.
Excitement is pretty much a sales tactic. It causes people to let their guard down a bit because they see everyone else lining up and feel they need to as well or miss out on something. They commit themselves before doing their homework and as is now apparent, many regrets.
Sponsored