Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, what is you point? Ford stated that there would be an allocation system in September of 2020 about 3 1/2 months prior to the first order Being placed.

i am not trying to stir the pot but I just get so tired of hearing nothing but me, me, me. Were there unfulfilled expectation, yes. Plenty of them but the world went to crap also during the middle of this show. some compassion goes a long way.
thank you
I understand that we have all gone through shit with the pandemic. Sure I understand shit happens but fuckin COMMUNICATE that to people throwing $50,000 each. It's not hard. If you fuck things up, work hard to fix it.

That's all people are asking for. You act like Ford is building everyone Broncos for fuckin free...
Sponsored

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, what is you point? Ford stated that there would be an allocation system in September of 2020 about 3 1/2 months prior to the first order Being placed.

i am not trying to stir the pot but I just get so tired of hearing nothing but me, me, me. Were there unfulfilled expectation, yes. Plenty of them but the world went to crap also during the middle of this show. some compassion goes a long way.
thank you
Ah yes, a little compassion...how nice. Apparently for everyone except the people Ford chose to write off. Those people we have to mock, insult, and finger-wave in every thread for the horrible grievance of believing what Ford told them. Especially relevant since this thread is about Ford saying you can transfer your order...when šŸ¤Æ it turns out that was also a lie to publicly save face and make it look like they were trying to help.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Donā€™t be stupid. A new order without tow has already been placed in front of yours. I did this. Getting my Bronco soon, hopefully in front of your order (if Iā€™m lucky).
My order doesnā€™t have tow.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My order doesnā€™t have tow.
Then maybe I got you on soft top, either way, Iā€™ll be driving mine soon but am still sympathetic to Granger orders. And still hope they all jump your line.

if you live in Detroit, flip your order to a soft top Bronco and jump the line on this guy. His dealer has a fixed allocation and that will 100% slide him down the list. Thatā€™s how the system works, so he shouldnā€™t feel bad about it.

Last edited:

js31pilot

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah yes, a little compassion...how nice. Apparently for everyone except the people Ford chose to write off. Those people we have to mock, insult, and finger-wave in every thread for the horrible grievance of believing what Ford told them. Especially relevant since this thread is about Ford saying you can transfer your order...when šŸ¤Æ it turns out that was also a lie to publicly save face and make it look like they were trying to help.
Show us on this doll where Ford hurt you šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Then maybe I got you on soft top, either way, Iā€™ll be driving mine soon but am still sympathetic to Granger orders. And still hope they all jump your line.

if you live in Detroit, flip your order to a soft top Bronco and jump the line on this guy. His dealer has a fixed allocation and that will 100% slide him down the list. Thatā€™s how the system works, so he shouldnā€™t feel bad about it.
Iā€™m content to wait for what I actually want. But thanks for the dog-eat-dog advice, tough guy.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

thank you
Yes, Ford put an allocation system in place. And yes, they put it in place before I canceled my July 20, 2020 reservation with a local dealer who wouldn't give me the time of day.

And by that formula, the formula you speak of, the formula Ford published before order banks opened, Granger customers would have gotten 300 to 400 Broncos in 2022, and my Oct. 1, 2020 would have been built by late summer this year instead of 2023 or 2024 or even 2025 since Ford apparently has absolutely no desire to honor the original reservation system they implemented in July of 2020.

The original allocation formula on which many of us based our decisions included 50% for Bronco reservations. FIFTY PERCENT!

The formula Ford switched to AFTER we had placed orders (and have been denied the ability to transfer) includes ZERO percent for reservations.

So AFTER Ford changed my estimated build date (by their allocation formulas) from summer of 2022 to WhotheHellKnowsWhen possibly 2025, and then made it impossible to undo the order (that would have been built this year by that allocation formula you are talking about).

Ford did such good job trying to "punish" Granger for selling so many Broncos, that Ford in effect sold a ton of very expensive high-end Wranglers for Granger to customers who got screwed by Ford by the new 2021 allocation formula.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We won't rehash the multiple times you were proven completely wrong in this thread, but really, claiming the word 'allocation' was used from the beginning when it never did, nor does it appear even now in the link you provided. I am not saying you are the worst prepared guy arguing an untenable position on the internet, but I am also not, not saying it... Feel free to find the word allocation or any form of it online or in an email from Ford and share it with us, we have time...

On of my functions is to administer contracts and I am damn good at it, believe you me, I read every single line of anything to which I agree. Ford has not used the word allocation in any communication or website available to the general public.
Does the general public even understand what allocation means? You may be assuming a bit too much. Until I bought a Raptor, I sure didn't know and then thought it applied only to limited availability vehicles. I've since learned a dealer needs allocation to order any vehicle.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, Ford put an allocation system in place. And yes, they put it in place before I canceled my July 20, 2020 reservation with a local dealer who wouldn't give me the time of day.

And by that formula, the formula you speak of, the formula Ford published before order banks opened, Granger customers would have gotten 300 to 400 Broncos in 2022, and my Oct. 1, 2020 would have been built by late summer this year instead of 2023 or 2024 or even 2025 since Ford apparently has absolutely no desire to honor the original reservation system they implemented in July of 2020.

The original allocation formula on which many of us based our decisions included 50% for Bronco reservations. FIFTY PERCENT!

The formula Ford switched to AFTER we had placed orders (and have been denied the ability to transfer) includes ZERO percent for reservations.

So AFTER Ford changed my estimated build date (by their allocation formulas) from summer of 2022 to WhotheHellKnowsWhen possibly 2025, and then made it impossible to undo the order (that would have been built this year by that allocation formula you are talking about).

Ford did such good job trying to "punish" Granger for selling so many Broncos, that Ford in effect sold a ton of very expensive high-end Wranglers for Granger to customers who got screwed by Ford by the new 2021 allocation formula.
So, if they thought they would originally get 300-400 Bronco's and they knew they had at least 3 times that many orders, why wern't they more open about the wait time? If they were already 3 years out before Ford made changes, that transparency seems a little cloudy to me.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

let me get this straight this guy already has two Broncos and he is crying about not able to move a 3rd Bronco from one dealer to other to get it faster and might have to wait tell 2024 .

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yeah it sucks. would also add everyone knew about how dealer allocations work.

also that ford was making changes including stopping new orders, etc. it could have been communicated better but it was obvious what was happening. ford can't meet demands and some dealers were way overprovisioned.

granger is great. they also oversold by a wide margin what could be produced and they had allocated. they have been open and transparent about it. i think they even published a list.
by what get from dealers are that more hard to sell vehicles or vehicles Ford or any car maker want dealers sell more of the more allocations they get for vehicles people want and they can make money on like the Bronco.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jesusā€¦ā€¦youā€™ve been busy. It doesnā€™t take a genius to understand when Ford says ā€œthe number of Bronco vehicles your dealership will receiveā€ IS allocation. That was my point. I didnā€™t say formula or allocation was in the quoteā€¦ā€¦the quotes were added for emphasis. Sometimes you have to read between the lines a little. Thatā€™s why I quoted the exact wording of Fords statement.

How about this oneā€¦ā€¦last bullet on bottom right.

876E401F-6E78-41FB-8858-5EDC467E3DFC.png
While you have gone back and edited your original statement to accurately reflect your updated understanding (and that act speaks quite well and impressively about your ability to keep an open mind and evolve ideas. It was a nice touch to admit you did not have this Q&A at the time of the unedited post was an extra bout of honesty, both things, sadly, a rarity these days it seems, kudos, truly...) the original use of quotation marks is not something you add for emphasis, it is, literally, designating exact wording used by the source. That is where the confusion came in.

In any event, I searched out the post above (I, like 99.999% of the Country, do not belong to the paywall site of Bronconation, so I had not seen this interview). There was quite a bit of good stuff in the Video they referenced to generate the Q&A. I am in total agreement that Estaban talked about allocations after specifically being asked about them. (he deflected and hemmed/hawed his way around mentioning them until he was pinned down, but he did say it several times by the end.) It is the first Ford source (not Bronconation, a separate company that is likely the mouthpiece of Ford, but does not carry any official designation as a spokes-entity for them, the source is the video from Estaban) that I have seen that mentions allocations at all. So my assertion that Ford never used anything but vague references to allocations is not correct. An obscure video on a paywall website hardly seems to be widespread notification that many folks claim is why everyone should have known allocations were a thing before ordering, but we shall let that argument die here.

Several interesting (at least to me) revelations in this video, it is easy in hindsight to see the groundwork Ford was laying down even back then for the screw jobs to come.

2:34 mark, it is very specifically mentioned (twice) that the timestamp determines when your Bronco will be built, then it is modified to say that commodity restraints will play a part as well as other, unspecified, and presumably minor things, mumble mumble mumble, it seems like a ploy to avoid admitting allocations, but you can all view and make your own determination on that.

At 4:40, the request by Ford to convert all reservations by March (and the promise to give us the production date shortly thereafter, which was obviously wildly optimistic), At 7:00 or so he flat out says Ford will convert all reservations to orders by March. He reiterates giving customers the delivery window at 9:35 mark.

(by original date) this is the first that I know of, where Ford first slipped in change of the verbiage from all reservations before dealer stock to just 2021MY. At about the 6:00 mark he reiterates that reservations will be prioritized over dealer stock. (even states it is because they 'pledged it".), however earlier on, when talking about possible extra deposits by dealers at about about the one minute mark he casually tosses in there that all the 2021MY are going to be custom orders. So while later in the video (you can be the judge) they clearly say that reservations will filled before stock orders, just that tiny slip at minute one where he specifies 2021MY. Had Ford already decided before that point that they were going to end the reservation system as a functional system at that point? It seems that way to me, although they stated without equivocation that the reservations would be done before dealer stock at that 2:34 mark. Even used the word 'pledged' Again, you can all view and make the call as you see fit.

Hope you all have a good one!

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford asked people to place a deposit based on rules they put in place, then after they had peoples' money, they changed the rules............. That is Ford f*cking over costumers not the dealership.
Ford did not take the $100 deposit for reservations. It went to you dealer of choice. Either returned at order submission or as a credit when taking delivery.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While you have gone back and edited your original statement to accurately reflect your updated understanding (and that act speaks quite well and impressively about your ability to keep an open mind and evolve ideas. It was a nice touch to admit you did not have this Q&A at the time of the unedited post was an extra bout of honesty, both things, sadly, a rarity these days it seems, kudos, truly...) the original use of quotation marks is not something you add for emphasis, it is, literally, designating exact wording used by the source. That is where the confusion came in.

In any event, I searched out the post above (I, like 99.999% of the Country, do not belong to the paywall site of Bronconation, so I had not seen this interview). There was quite a bit of good stuff in the Video they referenced to generate the Q&A. I am in total agreement that Estaban talked about allocations after specifically being asked about them. (he deflected and hemmed/hawed his way around mentioning them until he was pinned down, but he did say it several times by the end.) It is the first Ford source (not Bronconation, a separate company that is likely the mouthpiece of Ford, but does not carry any official designation as a spokes-entity for them, the source is the video from Estaban) that I have seen that mentions allocations at all. So my assertion that Ford never used anything but vague references to allocations is not correct. An obscure video on a paywall website hardly seems to be widespread notification that many folks claim is why everyone should have known allocations were a thing before ordering, but we shall let that argument die here.

Several interesting (at least to me) revelations in this video, it is easy in hindsight to see the groundwork Ford was laying down even back then for the screw jobs to come.

2:34 mark, it is very specifically mentioned (twice) that the timestamp determines when your Bronco will be built, then it is modified to say that commodity restraints will play a part as well as other, unspecified, and presumably minor things, mumble mumble mumble, it seems like a ploy to avoid admitting allocations, but you can all view and make your own determination on that.

At 4:40, the request by Ford to convert all reservations by March (and the promise to give us the production date shortly thereafter, which was obviously wildly optimistic), At 7:00 or so he flat out says Ford will convert all reservations to orders by March. He reiterates giving customers the delivery window at 9:35 mark.

(by original date) this is the first that I know of, where Ford first slipped in change of the verbiage from all reservations before dealer stock to just 2021MY. At about the 6:00 mark he reiterates that reservations will be prioritized over dealer stock. (even states it is because they 'pledged it".), however earlier on, when talking about possible extra deposits by dealers at about about the one minute mark he casually tosses in there that all the 2021MY are going to be custom orders. So while later in the video (you can be the judge) they clearly say that reservations will filled before stock orders, just that tiny slip at minute one where he specifies 2021MY. Had Ford already decided before that point that they were going to end the reservation system as a functional system at that point? It seems that way to me, although they stated without equivocation that the reservations would be done before dealer stock at that 2:34 mark. Even used the word 'pledged' Again, you can all view and make the call as you see fit.

Hope you all have a good one!
TLDR. I just donā€™t have the time to read all that, or research the specifics of what I know to be true. Itā€™s water under the bridge now anyways.
Sponsored