Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,

Today I was caught naked in the rain, roof and doors off in my 22 BL. Minimal drama. I got wet. The Bronco got wet. The interior windshield defog was helpful…didn’t think of that for a bit too long while driving blind. All good after draining the footwells and a quick interior wipe down.

The only significant frustration is with the 12” touch screen. Every small rain drop was interpreted as a finger tap. The vehicle and radio settings changed a dozen times at random….

Is there a way to turn the screen fully off? I searched the forum (but admittedly not the manual.). Appreciate any input. If I can’t turn it off, I’ll need to find a way to cover it.

BTW I find it odd that Harley and Indian bike screens don’t mistake rain for fingers, but the Ford screen does. Ford… put this on your fix list please.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gwp

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,

Today I was caught naked in the rain, roof and doors off in my 22 BL. Minimal drama. I got wet. The Bronco got wet. The interior windshield defog was helpful…didn’t think of that for a bit too long while driving blind. All good after draining the footwells and a quick interior wipe down.

The only significant frustration is with the 12” touch screen. Every small rain drop was interpreted as a finger tap. The vehicle and radio settings changed a dozen times at random….

Is there a way to turn the screen fully off? I searched the forum (but admittedly not the manual.). Appreciate any input. If I can’t turn it off, I’ll need to find a way to cover it.

BTW I find it odd that Harley and Indian bike screens don’t mistake rain for fingers, but the Ford screen does. Ford… put this on your fix list please.

Replying to myself…. I do now know how to turn the screen “off” (or darken it) in settings. Yet any touch, including rain, turns it back on. Seems I am stuck with the issue….

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you adjust sensitivity? I have the 8" and been caught in the rain a couple times with no issues.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wouldn't an 'off' button be nice? There is a way....

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine did the same thing it is very irritating

Reactions: gwp

Sponsored

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A glass screen protector solved this problem for the most part for me. I have had to reapply the protector once after a particular wet one got some moisture between the screen and glass but it doesn't seem to be bothered by rain (or occasional dog drool😒) anymore. Maybe try that.

Also, if you want to terminate the screen you could always try pulling the fuse for it.... just a thought, not sure how it's wired. Someone with more sense than me could probably chime in here.

Reactions: gwp

DoUSquatch

Base
First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Replying to myself…. I do now know how to turn the screen “off” (or darken it) in settings. Yet any touch, including rain, turns it back on. Seems I am stuck with the issue….

Does pressing the "Volume" button, not, give you your desired outcome?

Ford Bronco Naked in the Rain and Touch Screen 20230726_202448

OP
OP
gwp

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does pressing the "Volume" button, not, give you your desired outcome?
Pressing the volume button turns the audio off, but leaves the screen and other functions active.

DoUSquatch

Base
First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pressing the volume button turns the audio off, but leaves the screen and other functions active.
Interesting! Mine completely powers down and off when the button is pressed, but I also have the base model.

Hope you find a solution!
Sponsored