Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I grew up in Philly and Jersey, but now I live in small town/rural Wisconsin. My friends still laugh at me when I lock my car and house doors. Two different worlds!!!

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Honestly I am more worried about the spare or even the flares.
Catalytic converters gone missing from Sasquatch packages will probably be popular.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure about that on the Bronco. I can have my newer f150 screen out in less than 5 minutes (also because I've done it numerous times and know the socket size and location of clips).
Fair enough. That picture is from the Bronco assembly line. Point is that you'd at least have to remove the entire front dash panel to gain access to the bolts holding the screen in.

What needs to come off first before you can take the dash off is the unknown.

Either way, long-gone are the days that a couple coat hangers would have a dash stereo out in a few seconds. You have to disassemble the interior to a certain degree, and once you get the device, it's only good for other Broncos (assuming it's not VIN locked).

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fair enough. That picture is from the Bronco assembly line. Point is that you'd at least have to remove the entire front dash panel to gain access to the bolts holding the screen in.

Either way, long-gone are the days that a couple coat hangers would have a dash stereo out in a few seconds. You have to disassemble the interior to a certain degree, and once you get the device, it's only good for other Broncos (assuming it's not VIN locked).
My wife's '18 grand Cherokee screen is VIN locked. I know that because they had to replace it within the first 900 miles.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While there are some bright thiefs out there... I wouldn't always count on them realizing that stealing the screen won't net them a pretty penny due to the proprietary wires.

You'd be amazed at what people will steal from our construction sites if they think they can make just a few dollars off of it. (We've had used boots stolen)

When I lived in AZ and had my jeep, I actually had a screen lock box that I used to protect my aftermarket screen. If a thief REALLY wanted it I'm sure they could get to it but at that point they would have destroyed the device anyways.
Ford Bronco Theft and Luxe touch screen - sincere question A4E2A09E-CA14-4C32-A792-6DB6AA65FA1E

Ford Bronco Theft and Luxe touch screen - sincere question 71EF2DA5-E795-473E-8500-68E0EA6B6E69

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I grew up in Philly and Jersey, but now I live in small town/rural Wisconsin. My friends still laugh at me when I lock my car and house doors. Two different worlds!!!
I had an Uncle that grew up in Philly as a kid... we laughed every time we'd go to his house, or he'd come to our house and would LOCK the car, put a club on the steering wheel and of course LOCK the front door. Then he felt safe.

Me, I grew up in Hunterdon County NJ. Never had crime issues, we used to leave keys in the car at night and never locked back door to the house. Still live in Hunterdon County, but now I lock doors to house and keys hang in my kitchen. Still very little to no crime, just different time from way back then.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Never had an issue with my Jeep and I'm topless half of the year or more. I even have an after market Android head unit but it looks very factory. Sub is hidden under a back panel so you don't know its even in the vehicle. Around here catalytic converter theft is more of an issue anyways but not on a Wrangler due to the location.

OP
OP

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Catalytic converters gone missing from Sasquatch packages will probably be popular.
Anybody know - are the cat converters tucked inside the undercarriage armor plating? protection by lucky accident of design?

OP
OP

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had an Uncle that grew up in Philly as a kid... we laughed every time we'd go to his house, or he'd come to our house and would LOCK the car, put a club on the steering wheel and of course LOCK the front door. Then he felt safe.

Me, I grew up in Hunterdon County NJ. Never had crime issues, we used to leave keys in the car at night and never locked back door to the house. Still live in Hunterdon County, but now I lock doors to house and keys hang in my kitchen. Still very little to no crime, just different time from way back then.
Bring the keys upstairs nowadays. The remote fob can be triggered by a spoof box. The crooks stand outside your door, press the button on a thief tool and record the signals as the fob and car try to call to each other.

They then program a new fob and drive away with your car

It’s a thing now. The crooks are always evolving. Bronco will be a hot item.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a pic of the Bronco chasis but it looks like somebody already stole the cat converter (and a bunch of other stuff). If it bolts to the flange in the pic it looks like it is protected by that red skid plate. However, that plate might not be on all models and the convertor could be in different locations for the 2.3 and 2.7. So, to answer your question, I have no idea where the cat is located.

Ford Bronco Theft and Luxe touch screen - sincere question 1616769687579

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What the thief would have to do before being able to steal the touch screen (that will have a proprietary connector and wont work with any other computer or device):

Ford Bronco Theft and Luxe touch screen - sincere question 1616769687579
At first I thought you were pointing out that you had to remove the gas pedal to remove the screen! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Entirely different vehicle but my Focus RS requires that then entire center console, shift boot, arm rest, and other trim pieces get removed before you could pull the screen - would take a novice 90+ minutes.

In regards to the CAT, I'm sure Ford or aftermarket companies will offer full or partial length skid plates that would cover where that ends up being placed. Has it been confirmed whether the exhaust (catback) will be CATTED or if they will only be in the downpipe?

OP
OP

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At first I thought you were pointing out that you had to remove the gas pedal to remove the screen! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That “feature” is on the Mercedes, and is why it costs 10K to change the oil filter once it’s off warranty.
Sponsored