Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't believe so...once you walk away, the trunk locks, doesn't it? If you get into the vehicle unlawfully, you cannot simply unlock the trunk.

Correct me if I'm wrong?
Yeah, see my later post. I was able to test this out. Once you lock the vehicle (at least with the remote) and walk away, after about 20-30 seconds the door lock/unlock button doesn’t work (when Switch Inhibit is turned on).

Also confirmed that if someone tries to force the door locks open manually, the alarm sounds almost immediately. Even then, it should keep the trunk door locked.

All in, this makes the Slipstream and Ford Tuffy systems very useful for my needs. Just have to remember to lock the car when I walk away!
Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, see my later post. I was able to test this out. Once you lock the vehicle (at least with the remote) and walk away, after about 20-30 seconds the door lock/unlock button doesn’t work (when Switch Inhibit is turned on).

Also confirmed that if someone tries to force the door locks open manually, the alarm sounds almost immediately. Even then, it should keep the trunk door locked.

All in, this makes the Slipstream and Ford Tuffy systems very useful for my needs. Just have to remember to lock the car when I walk away!
not familiar with the slipstream...I am getting the Ford Perimeter and LED put in. I will be ordering the tuffy, though...that just seems like a great item to have to keep things locked in.

It's all deterrents...a good thief can get into anything. The more difficult it makes it, though, the more likely they are to look for easier targets...