Sponsored

Question about Theft - RFID blocking protection.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A comment about Faraday bags, I purchased a set for the wife and I after watching a security cam post from a neighbor. The video showed a guy walk up to the front door in the middle of the night with a laptop strapped to his chest. He plugged in along cable hung it around front door the car chirped he turned around got in and drove off in about 20 seconds tops. The Faraday bags I purchased were were a popular/recommended set off of Amazon. They work fine on the fob for her car but the Bronco would still transmit when completely encapsulated. I'm thinking I have the long distance remote? In any case, I wound up lining the inside of the key fob with aluminum foil and that cured the problem. I guess I should have spent more on Faraday bags.
This is the route I went. With the faraday bags I purchased (also from Amazon) neither the F150 Rappy or Bronco can detect the keys even when sitting inside the vehicle. Mine were maybe $35?

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought the 2 Faraday bags for $12.99 off Amazon so I have one for each key. If I have the key in the bag and in my Bronco, the Bronco won't start until I remove the key from the bag. I'll put it back in the bag before I shut the Bronco off and I always get the notification on the dash that you can't restart the vehicle without the key.
https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Far...araday+bags+for+key+fob&qid=1711647908&sr=8-5
Sponsored