TheChampisHair

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got caught in some isolated rain cells while the top was off and got pretty well drenched. Truck seemed to handle it pretty well all things considered, but the infotainment touchscreen seemed to absorb some water inside the screen causing some odd blotchiness.

Eventually dried out and returned to normal after 5 or so days, but slightly concerning that water could get inside the screen like that. This ever happen to anyone else?
Ford Bronco Water inside touch screen PXL_20230711_233948551
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got caught in some isolated rain cells while the top was off and got pretty well drenched. Truck seemed to handle it pretty well all things considered, but the infotainment touchscreen seemed to absorb some water inside the screen causing some odd blotchiness.

Eventually dried out and returned to normal after 5 or so days, but slightly concerning that water could get inside the screen like that. This ever happen to anyone else?
No, fortunately the time we got caught in the rain with the top off it wasn't too bad. I just kept driving until we got out of it. We also have a Gearshade that really helped keep the rain out.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ug..that can't be good. That doesn't sound like it is normal. I would think the screen is a sealed unit. You don't have a screen film on it do you (and the water was between the screen and the protecting film)?

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't that supposed to be waterproof? lol

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

wow iv never seen that before and iv run is the rain naked

Sponsored

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BlackDiamond SAS 4DR HT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same boat. I just ran into the same thing during a freak storm. I'm glad to hear it went away, this is day 1, looks like its moisture sandwiched between the screen and plastic cover and looks just like your screenshot.

OP
OP

TheChampisHair

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same boat. I just ran into the same thing during a freak storm. I'm glad to hear it went away, this is day 1, looks like its moisture sandwiched between the screen and plastic cover and looks just like your screenshot.
Was thinking mine had a manufacturing defect. Would obviously prefer if this didn't happen, but I'm glad to hear I'm not a unicorn with this... Give it some time, it gradually evaporate slowly.

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was thinking mine had a manufacturing defect. Would obviously prefer if this didn't happen, but I'm glad to hear I'm not a unicorn with this... Give it some time, it gradually evaporate slowly.
I agree with you that there should be some way to prevent this as I don't see this being the last time the bronco takes an interior bath. Maybe some tape around the edges but thats ugly and def not a long term solution

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well after about a week it dried but I suspect this will happen again so I applied a screen protector and a nav panel frame cover, not sure if this will fix it but should know after the next heavy rain storm.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 12” color LED screen on my boat’s Garmin chart plotter (and have seen much larger marine duty “screens”). Obviously, it gets soaked quite often with no issues. Waterproof monitor screens were perfected years ago. Shouldn’t be happening. Did no one think about this, and it’s just Ford’s normal screen spec? IP67?

Guess I need to carry a large towel if I ever go topless.
Sponsored

Last edited: