Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of note: you can fit four regular sized Oru kayaks in a Bronco without any modifications or special equipment, and still have room for the four adults. Folding kayaks seem cheesy but I’ve been romping around the cape fear river basin for two years in mine! Previously, I had a Jetta that I’d cram two kayaks into. A single one pictured below:
Ford Bronco Naked Roof Kayak / Rack Setup 7AD0471E-C403-4558-950A-E1AB18C7E57C

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
This was my setup last year. It got me 5 minutes down the road to the pond. I might look for something better to keep it up off the windshield this year.

IMG_3273.JPG

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So nobody has fabbed up some brackets allowing us to use the factory roof racK? Starting to wonder why I bothered to order it.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting setup. I hauled my 10’ kayak on my 2 door last summer when I was topless. I just put some foam padding on the top of the windshield frame & rear roll bar so it wouldn’t scratch the paint. Tied down bow & stern and threw a strap across the middle using the hardtop mounting plates by the b-pillar to attach the strap to.
I’ve done this on my Jeep for years. I started with a towel but then moved to these pads

https://www.rei.com/product/204675/dakine-aero-rack-pads-34-in

Strap the front and back down to the roll bar and it’s secure. OP’s solution is very much overly complicated. That hitch rack just isn’t needed.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was my setup last year. It got me 5 minutes down the road to the pond. I might look for something better to keep it up off the windshield this year.

IMG_3273.JPG
What is your concern with keeping off the windshield? It should be OK. I’ve driven a couple hundred miles with 2 paddle boards mounted like this on a wrangler before. I’d assume the Bronco would be even better.

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is your concern with keeping off the windshield? It should be OK. I’ve driven a couple hundred miles with 2 paddle boards mounted like this on a wrangler before. I’d assume the Bronco would be even better.
My only concern was rubbing the paint because the pool noodle in front would wiggle back. I had straps on the back noodle so it didn’t move, the front was only sandwiched between the kayaks and windshield frame.

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a surfer and wanted a simple rack to carry my boards. Did you consider buying a light bar to place above the windshield? I saw one or two that looked like they would work. Valkyrie makes a cross bar for the roof with the last section on.
This may be what you are looking for. I’m thinking of using this along with a rack that fits on the rear section of the hardtop so I can still remove the middle sections while being able to carry kayaks.

https://22winty.com/order-here/ols/products/22-winty-front-bar

BroncoHI

Black Diamond
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs