stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like an idiot I passed on the extended warranty I could have purchased for about $1,200 at closing. I'm closing in on my 36k/3 year warranty now. I do not plan on ever selling my Badlands so it's time for a warranty.

What are my best options ? Granger ? FORD ? They all seem like they're in the $3,000-$3,400 range now.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like an idiot I passed on the extended warranty I could have purchased for about $1,200 at closing. I'm closing in on my 36k/3 year warranty now. I do not plan on ever selling my Badlands so it's time for a warranty.

What are my best options ? Granger ? FORD ? They all seem like they're in the $3,000-$3,400 range now.
I am at 90k and have not had occasion to use my extended warrant... Just saying. If your Bronco is solid at 36k, it's unlikely to fail before 100k, just saying. I had a hot zone engine and for that reason I purchased the extended warranty, but it looks like I will never use it.

OP
OP
stickshifthappy

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am at 90k and have not had occasion to use my extended warrant... Just saying. If your Bronco is solid at 36k, it's unlikely to fail before 100k, just saying. I had a hot zone engine and for that reason I purchased the extended warranty, but it looks like I will never use it.

Thanks, Yeah it's one of those do you role the dice or play it safe decisions. The engine is for sure solid (so far), pampered, and it's a manual transmission. Most of my miles are highway from RVA to the outer Banks, and Middle Penninsula in Va.

It's always the electrics, and HVAC that seem to be an issue. Those always seem expensive to fix.

I need to do some googling about quality issues so far. You've got some miles racking up so far.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any extended warranty is a hedged bet. One hopes to never need to apply the coverage, but does provide peace of mind. I just purchased the 8yr/100k/$100 Premium Care ESP from Granger. It was less than $1700. I hope I look back in May 2031 and say that it was wasted money as it will mean that the Bronco has been problem free.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any extended warranty is a hedged bet. One hopes to never need to apply the coverage, but does provide peace of mind. I just purchased the 8yr/100k/$100 Premium Care ESP from Granger. It was less than $1700. I hope I look back in May 2031 and say that it was wasted money as it will mean that the Bronco has been problem free.
Agreed, I personally went with the 6 year/150k option. I am pretty sure that I will hit the mileage before 2027.

Bluedoggie

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Big Bend, 22 Volvo xc60
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ordered the Granger 10 / 100,000 time of purchase of my 23 BB. $2200. I'll Probably hit 10 years before I hit 100,000. I too hope I don't have to use it,but it's there, I worried about the electronics. Good luck in deciding.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see the Granger ones only go back so far in model year....

My '19 F150 has a whopping 27K miles on it. It's had its share of issues (including cam phasers) and I'd like to keep it, but it will be out of powertrain warranty this July and I'm leery. Curious as to what, if any, options I might have for an extended warranty of some kind. Or just roll the dice and see.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford or Zurich, many of the others out there can be sketchy.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see the Granger ones only go back so far in model year....

My '19 F150 has a whopping 27K miles on it. It's had its share of issues (including cam phasers) and I'd like to keep it, but it will be out of powertrain warranty this July and I'm leery. Curious as to what, if any, options I might have for an extended warranty of some kind. Or just roll the dice and see.
The website is currently only set up for new plans. You can still get a used plan since you are under 41k miles. Email our team at [email protected] with your vin number and miles and they can get you a quote!

OP
OP
stickshifthappy

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Granger has a few levels. I like the premiumcare, but am looking at the extracare for a higher mileage policy.

considering something between 8-10 years.

Thinking maybe 150,000 miles extracare instead of 125,000 miles at premium care w/ a $200 deductible.

Premium care covers 1,000's of parts, Extracare only about 113, but the expensive 113 it looks like.

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the Extended Plan transferable to a new owner?
And what repairs that might involve off-road travel?
Sponsored