Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey All,

Please help. Don't know what wisdom is out there, but I'll take anything. I've had an order (or so I thought) placed via AutoNation Ford Katy in TX for a 2022 Badlands since March of 2022. I knew that I placed the order right before the ordering hiatus and I wanted a Lux Pkg+tow Pkg+hard top so it may take a while. Found out today, they fucking canceled my order in May of 2022 with no notification to me!

Come November 2022, I got nervous about the order converting to MY2023 and I wanted to make sure it happened properly so I called up the dealer. They said all would be fine, but I also texted my salesman to double-check. Next thing you know, I get an email from Ford confirming my order for a 2023 Badlands. Thought all was well.

I chatted with Ford in June and they told me that something was up with my original order number and to talk to the dealer. Called dealer and they said they were working with the Ford rep to get me a higher priority code to get things moving.

This week, I still didn't have a VIN so I said, "Screw it, I'm going to change the color." So I talked to the dealer about changing the order from Cactus Grey to Eruption Green (don't come for me, I just see too many CG ones around Houston). They sent me a new build sheet with a new order number again. I received an email confirmation of that order being placed today and decided to call Ford to see if they could tell me the priority code on it since the build sheet had code 19 and my salesman said "the code change would be handled on the back end."

That's when I find out that my original order number was never configured and never converted to 2023. That order number that I had was now instead tied to a July 04, 2023 order that already has a VIN and is for some random Wildtrack.

They also informed me that I have an incentive code worth $2500 that my dealer should have told me about to convert from 22 to 23...

Now I'm waiting for a call back from the AutoNation ordering manager since my salesman is on PTO. I'm going to light his ass up about all of this, but if y'all have any advice on what to say or how your experience went. I'm open to it please!

-Frustrated guy who should have his bronco already.
Sponsored

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealer screwed you over already, so they're probably not going to be very cooperative. I would look for a new dealer.....

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I only had to wait 1039 days to get my Bronco. Patience is hard to get but easy to lose.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ask the ford rep if they can switch you to a different dealer