Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2d BL with 2.3, non-SAS without tow - 1FMDE5CH4MLA74054
@flip I want to update my standard badlands above to SAS. Have the shock part #s, What spring codes should I use for a 2dr BL 2.3 auto with SAS?

Currently have these on the truck. Wondering If I can re-use the rear "F" springs
F/R MB3Z-5310-J/MB3Z-5560-F

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip I want to update my standard badlands above to SAS. Have the shock part #s, What spring codes should I use for a 2dr BL 2.3 auto with SAS?

Currently have these on the truck. Wondering If I can re-use the rear "F" springs
I don't have the recipe for a 2d, 2.3 with factory SAS yet but the rear is good for sure. For front, I'm showing a -F for a 2.7 without tow and -L 2.7 with tow. If you can find a member with a 2d, 2.3 SAS, either trans, I can look it up to verify.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

It does seem like many use the F springs in the rear (For example, the SAS OBX and Non-Sas BL 2 doors have both had these springs fitted). The F Spring seems like a pretty safe default and I believe that I have even seen them on many 4 door configurations.

@webspoke, why would you want to decrease your available articulation, this seems like a downgrade, not an upgrade to me. The standard badlands suspension has about 4% more articulation over the Sasquatch, you would be better off with a 2/3" spacer on the lower shock mounts.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have the recipe for a 2d, 2.3 with factory SAS yet but the rear is good for sure. For front, I'm showing a -F for a 2.7 without tow and -L 2.7 with tow. If you can find a member with a 2d, 2.3 SAS, either trans, I can look it up to verify.
I have a VIN for a 2-door Badlands, 2.3, 7MT, Sasquatch, and Tow, but it's not yet built. However, I'm happy to provide the VIN if you would like.

OuterBets

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reviving an old thread here, but @flip is there any update on having pre-made bundles of all the suspension parts needed for the various conversions?

I’ve got a 4d 2.7 non-SAS OBX w/tow that I’d like to convert to the BL suspension based on you and others rave reviews of the BL ride and handling.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reviving an old thread here, but @flip is there any update on having pre-made bundles of all the suspension parts needed for the various conversions?

I’ve got a 4d 2.7 non-SAS OBX w/tow that I’d like to convert to the BL suspension based on you and others rave reviews of the BL ride and handling.
Flip will chime in, but just to let you know, the cost has gone up quite a bit. Ugh.