chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered and waited after paying the insane markup. Now I'm told my Bronco was totaled in transport and my order is cancelled. My expectation was that I would just be waiting for Ford to immediately rebuild it but that's nit the case. Im told I can get back at the end of the line and place an order begining in August for the 2023 model. For me this was more than a car. Myb11 year old daughter and I picked it out along with all the options. We have already ordered custom.decals and badges. This was a bonding experience for us that was going to continue to bond us for years to come, even through her impending difficult teen years. Ford for me was more than a car company. The Bronco was more than a car. We are fans. It would be like calling the Yankees just a baseball team or the White House just a building. When things like this happen to the little guy...to your fans...you should MAKE IR RIGHT FORD! You shouldn't do nothing. You should bend over backwards to make it right. The whole experience is sad. It's sad to see what Ford has become as a company. I wish I felt like Ford cared about their fans. You can't even contact the heads of the corporation. Not through email and not by phone. The people running the company have no ability to even know there's so many fans like me out there that they need to make it right for.
you should be able to find one on the lot, especially if willing to pay a mark up? or even buy one "used" but with like 2000 miles, whcih is still new!! the end goal is getting a bronco, the orderd one maybe didnt work out but your situation can still end well!!
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Threads: 1

Need I say more?
That's what I looked at too.

A self described fanboy, but he's just joining and postings for the first time?

He stated that he paid an insane market, NOT he agreed to pay an insane market up, his own words.

I don't believe it one bit and it's this kind of "I saw it on the internet so it must be true" kind of stuff that needs farther questions before just believing.

Last edited:

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also paid for my bronco before it was delivered. I needed the tax write off for 2021, so my dealer let me buy it after it was built but before it shipped. I never even considered that it might get totaled in transit. Since then, I have seen about four other people on this board whose broncos were totaled in shipping. I guess I got lucky. That is very unfortunate for you, I’m sorry for anyone who this has happened to.

It’s ridiculous that Ford won’t just put that build right back into production after losing it in shipping. That’s the way it works for just about any other business I can think of. I mean, if a waiter drops your food on the way to the table, they don’t tell you to come back next week and reorder, they rush your shit to the front of the line. How any company can handle this situation in the way that Ford has is unbelievable.

I hope your dealer steps up and finds you a replacement that’s close to what you ordered, or tries to accommodate you in some way that’s acceptable to you. This is a huge kick in the dick.

Kenny H

Badlands
First Name
KIBUM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, FRS, Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sorry for that. And I totally agree.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Campoadam

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's what I looked at too.

A self described fanboy, but he's just joining and postings for the first time?

He stated that he paid an insane market, NOT he agreed to pay an insane market up, his own words.

I don't believe it one bit and it's this kind of "I saw it on the internet so it must be true" kind of stuff that needs farther questions before just believing.
Why would I join if it didn't happen what would be the motive. Some of you guys are nuts.

OP
OP

Campoadam

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update: contacted Ford via Facebook. Spoke to a nice social media manager named Charlene.

She sent me back to the dealer and said my reports on file.

Whole lot of conspiracy theories about me to defend Ford. Still seems like ford could make it right if they chose to.

Screenshot_20220722-130137_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20220722-130148_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20220722-130157_Messenger.jpg

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Joined specifically to tell my story
Interestingly, you're not the first person with the same issue. -- On the bright side -- they're hitting stride with production so the wait should not be as severe, you should be able to avoid ADM, and like other say, you may be able to buy one off the lot for an ADM if you want to go that route. Agree it is lame that Ford won't put your rebuild at the front of the line.

Sponsored

pitviper68

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interestingly, you're not the first person with the same issue. -- On the bright side -- they're hitting stride with production so the wait should not be as severe, you should be able to avoid ADM, and like other say, you may be able to buy one off the lot for an ADM if you want to go that route. Agree it is lame that Ford won't put your rebuild at the front of the line.

hitting stride for how long? I heard that FMC is planning on very soon laying off 8K workers that are part of the combustion engine portion of the company. /shrug.

I was going to order a second bronco when the MY23 banks open. i'm wondering if they can keep up with demand for the next few years with fewer workers?

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered and waited after paying the insane markup. Now I'm told my Bronco was totaled in transport and my order is cancelled. My expectation was that I would just be waiting for Ford to immediately rebuild it but that's nit the case. Im told I can get back at the end of the line and place an order begining in August for the 2023 model. For me this was more than a car. Myb11 year old daughter and I picked it out along with all the options. We have already ordered custom.decals and badges. This was a bonding experience for us that was going to continue to bond us for years to come, even through her impending difficult teen years. Ford for me was more than a car company. The Bronco was more than a car. We are fans. It would be like calling the Yankees just a baseball team or the White House just a building. When things like this happen to the little guy...to your fans...you should MAKE IR RIGHT FORD! You shouldn't do nothing. You should bend over backwards to make it right. The whole experience is sad. It's sad to see what Ford has become as a company. I wish I felt like Ford cared about their fans. You can't even contact the heads of the corporation. Not through email and not by phone. The people running the company have no ability to even know there's so many fans like me out there that they need to make it right for.
You're just a number remember. @Ford Motor Company doesn't care..they never do. Sorry to hear

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Joined specifically to tell my story
If you want a bronco so badly and ready to pay mark up, look up carvana or carmax or some dealers. you can buy it. It is not a big deal.
Dont count of Ford Motor Company to jump thru hoops and bend backwards to fix this issue. I dont think they will wreck their supply chain to fix this one of issues. Having said that- they will be sympathetic to this cause and will try to help what they can. Dont count on it to happen in a month or so- unless u r so important to their business.

OP
OP

Campoadam

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want a bronco so badly and ready to pay mark up, look up carvana or carmax or some dealers. you can buy it. It is not a big deal.
Dont count of Ford Motor Company to jump thru hoops and bend backwards to fix this issue. I dont think they will wreck their supply chain to fix this one of issues. Having said that- they will be sympathetic to this cause and will try to help what they can. Dont count on it to happen in a month or so- unless u r so important to their business.
I think its cumulative. I'm nit the only person with a massive customer service issue. Being a billion dollar company in would argue they should have plans for things like this. Adding me into assembly wouldn't wreck their supply chain.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.