First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
You've already paid for your Bronco? Did you buy it from a Dealership? And you paid ADMs too? And your Bronco was totaled in transit and the dealership isn't scrambling to replace it or return your money?

See, that last question is a big deal. Because no dealership is going to take your money and NOT give you a car. One way or another.

theres-an-aroma-stinks.gif
Dealer has been great. They offered a full refund. The money isn't the issue. The time is.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Campoadam

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I also paid for my bronco before it was delivered. I needed the tax write off for 2021, so my dealer let me buy it after it was built but before it shipped. I never even considered that it might get totaled in transit. Since then, I have seen about four other people on this board whose broncos were totaled in shipping. I guess I got lucky. That is very unfortunate for you, I’m sorry for anyone who this has happened to.

It’s ridiculous that Ford won’t just put that build right back into production after losing it in shipping. That’s the way it works for just about any other business I can think of. I mean, if a waiter drops your food on the way to the table, they don’t tell you to come back next week and reorder, they rush your shit to the front of the line. How any company can handle this situation in the way that Ford has is unbelievable.

I hope your dealer steps up and finds you a replacement that’s close to what you ordered, or tries to accommodate you in some way that’s acceptable to you. This is a huge kick in the dick.

The dealer has been great. But dropping 50k on a car is no small thing. I don't want a bronco..I want my bronco if that makes sense. I ordered the base also because I can't afford the other plevels with the even more massive markups on those models. Dealer says nit a lot of people order base so.finding a replacement under 50k is difficult and still won't be what I ordered likely. But to reiterate the dealer has been great.

Mike Kleen

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Base MIC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't understand these cases. Clearly the bronco got covered by somebody's insurance so there's no harm no foul there. Ford has many thousands of orders in limbo what could possibly be the problem with adding in the very few affected by hail/accidents etc. It just doesn't make sense to me.

PS call me superstitious but this is why I haven't ordered any accessories at all. Feels jinxy.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also paid for my bronco before it was delivered. I needed the tax write off for 2021, so my dealer let me buy it after it was built but before it shipped. I never even considered that it might get totaled in transit. Since then, I have seen about four other people on this board whose broncos were totaled in shipping. I guess I got lucky. That is very unfortunate for you, I’m sorry for anyone who this has happened to.

It’s ridiculous that Ford won’t just put that build right back into production after losing it in shipping. That’s the way it works for just about any other business I can think of. I mean, if a waiter drops your food on the way to the table, they don’t tell you to come back next week and reorder, they rush your shit to the front of the line. How any company can handle this situation in the way that Ford has is unbelievable.

I hope your dealer steps up and finds you a replacement that’s close to what you ordered, or tries to accommodate you in some way that’s acceptable to you. This is a huge kick in the dick.
Ford is not a shipping company- your analogy is flawed. It is more like if Door Dash drops your food- NOT a server in his own building.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer has been great. They offered a full refund. The money isn't the issue. The time is.
Thanks for clarifying. Best of luck, man. Hopefully they can get you straightened out.

Sponsored

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think its cumulative. I'm nit the only person with a massive customer service issue. Being a billion dollar company in would argue they should have plans for things like this. Adding me into assembly wouldn't wreck their supply chain.
btw, sorry about wht happened. there r supply chain shortages- those are affecting every OEM. Anywhere you go, if the vehicle is in demand- you have got to wait. Unfortunate.

Ford schedules vehicles two months out (as you can see described elsewhere in this forum). Sept month is going on. Say they got you for Sep end. you will only see the vehicle by mid to end of Oct 2022. Assembly process is a planned activtity- adding you means- dropping a similar build for some one- which hav its own consequences (legal or otherwise).

Your best bet is to go to a dealer who wont charge mark up or go to a dealer who charges lower mark up and buy and finish the matter. Given it is base, it is definitely possible. Also, it sounded like it is important as a personal matter. you may gain on interest charges too.

Any amount of fierce typing to shame Ford will be just a waste of time. If time is plenty, it is different.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is funny,. After the many times Ford has done this to people, people still question the story of it happening to another person.

Cause no one ever paid a markup right???
Cause everyone got their Bronco right????

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sorry this is happening to you but let's be real, Ford is ONLY a car company, the Bronco is ONLY a car, you may be a fan but to a company like Ford, you are ONLY one of millions of customers and your daughter is ONLY a potential future customer out of millions. They don't need to make anything right, there are thousands behind you ready to buy the same product. Markups go to the dealer, not Ford.

You might be a Ford fanatic but Ford is not your fan, to them you are insignificant, even if your family has exclusively purchased Ford products and you have their company name tattooed on your forehead.

Being even harsher, I am not criticizing Ford or any of the companies of similar size, many of them would do the same thing. Imagine being a fanatic of Walmart or Amazon, it doesn't make much sense.

Again, I'm sorry this has happened to you but you should find other ways of bonding with your daughter and happiness elsewhere, in the end the Bronco is just metal and plastic.
Did I miss the part where this is Fords responsibility? I believe the transporter is at fault, not Ford.
This logic would mean the if anything ever happened to it after it left the factory,...Ford should jump through hoops to replace it. Continue on with being a Ford fan, they did their part. The shipping company is at fault but they cannot reproduce a Bronco. Sorry brother. Its a bad place to be. I kinda feel like anything that goes a little off is suddenly Fords fault. COVID muts be fords fault because it started right as the Bronco was being produced.. Hell,, Bronco's for everyone!! It's Fords fault!! C'mon people......

royruiz

Black Diamond
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well I assume you are getting your money back? If you are willing to pay a mark up, Broncos are certainly available out there. I see them on Carvana. I also have been seeing a fair amount of them on Bring A Trailer on line auction. Saw a 4 door Badlands sell for 61K. Some 2 doors selling for around 50K. If I were looking for one I'd personally check out Bring A Trailer.
Saw a Big Bend at CarMax for 60k, manual, no rear locker...waiting for my BD.

Sponsored

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I can tell you fact that if the proper channels are followed , you can still get your Bronco. I just picked mine up this week. I received my built notice on 3/30. Went to awaiting shipment. ETA kept getting pushed and pushed. In May dealer contacted zone rep as to why my Bronco had not shipped after being built. Zone rep looked into it and found out it was damaged awaiting shipment. That they were going scrap it. Dealer got with zone rep and made it right. A duplicate order was Expedited priority one. Went in production 6/24 got built notice 7/9 and shipped 7/11. Arrived at dealership 7/19.
Your dealer has to reach out to the zone representative and they can/will make it happen. At least they did for me. Extra waiting is the only problem I had

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is funny,. After the many times Ford has done this to people, people still question the story of it happening to another person.

Cause no one ever paid a markup right???
Cause everyone got their Bronco right????
I don't see what Ford has to do with this. The shipping company damaged it. Once it has left the factory, It's not Fords issue.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I miss the part where this is Fords responsibility? I believe the transporter is at fault, not Ford.
This logic would mean the if anything ever happened to it after it left the factory,...Ford should jump through hoops to replace it. Continue on with being a Ford fan, they did their part. The shipping company is at fault but they cannot reproduce a Bronco. Sorry brother. Its a bad place to be. I kinda feel like anything that goes a little off is suddenly Fords fault. COVID muts be fords fault because it started right as the Bronco was being produced.. Hell,, Bronco's for everyone!! It's Fords fault!! C'mon people......
Ford still owns it- why is it not their fault? They choose the shippers. They deal with the shipping issues. The dealer and customer never received their order. That’s still on Ford. It’s not their fault the shipper damaged it but it should be their responsibility to take care of the dealer and customer. A business can’t just wipe their hands of their product just because it left their plant.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Next time you order something from Amazon that gets damaged in shipping, be sure to not ask Amazon to refund or replace your damaged item. Talk to the shipper. Good luck!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.