First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What was the approximate time for install? Mine arrives this evening and it doesn't look too crazy in the instructions. I plan on budgeting a leisurely 2hrs taking my time.
2 hours is probably a fair estimate for installation; maybe add a smidge more time for cussing and dealing with the pivot pin retaining clip/white bearing cup removal on the stock shifter.
Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 hours is probably a fair estimate for installation; maybe add a smidge more time for cussing and dealing with the pivot pin retaining clip/white bearing cup removal on the stock shifter.
Cool, thanks. That bushing is the only thing that gives me worry aka how to turn a two hour job into a 2 week plus job while you wait for an obscure part, if you can even order it stand alone.

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cool, thanks. That bushing is the only thing that gives me worry aka how to turn a two hour job into a 2 week plus job while you wait for an obscure part, if you can even order it stand alone.
It isn’t bad if you take your time and are reasonably careful about what you’re doing. The rest of the steps on the install are straightforward and easy. But yeah, I have no idea how difficult that part would be to source.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright just finished ran a little over 3 hours. Murphy is an A-hole, damn near 1 hour was spent trying to separate the lower shift cable. Eventually I said F it after breaking two forked trim tools and grabbed some needle nose pliers. Came off in 30 seconds after that. I skipped ahead at that step to I think #17 to remove the harness bracket to give myself more room to work with my fat hands. After that things went pretty smooth aside from the usual where did I put my socket?

It's a good thing the retaining clip isn't reused because it's probably starting its second trip around the sun right now.

Tools and sizes you need so you're not walking back and forth:

7mm, 8mm, and 13mm sockets and get some extensions.

3mm hex key, I think a 2 or 2.5mm for B&M extension set screw.

And I forget which torx bit for the grab handle.

If you have lux package there's a few extra wires you have to unplug, no biggie.
Ford Bronco NEW: B&M Precision Manual Sportshifter PXL_20230520_213308824

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to adjust my cables to get full throw to C/2nd/4th/6th. Could been because I had a trans put in under warranty last week, or just cause the shifter is a little different, but now it's MINT. Really like the tactile feel, throw, and hieght. Definitely not switching it back now!

TXDOZER

Base
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Basesquatch & 2020 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Plan to install the B&M shifter this weekend. Has anyone figured a way to install a Hurst T Handle knob on that shifter?

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plan to install the B&M shifter this weekend. Has anyone figured a way to install a Hurst T Handle knob on that shifter?
Planning on drag racing? Lol

TXDOZER

Base
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Planning on drag racing? Lol

LOL! That 2.3 can move! Nope. Always had Hurst shifters in prior rigs. Love the look and feel. I'll post a pic if it works out.

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't. It feels fine for what I felt of it (i.e., hard plastic); I just threw on the old stock knob. I'm actually looking at a weighted knob from Twisted Shifterz, but I haven't decided the style or direction I'm going on that one.
Did you ever add the Twisted Shifterz knob? If so, how does it feel now? Do you have any pictures? Thanks!

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL! That 2.3 can move! Nope. Always had Hurst shifters in prior rigs. Love the look and feel. I'll post a pic if it works out.
Awesome! Hope you can get it to work out.

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

TXDOZER

Base
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hurst T Handle in M16-1.5 thread size + Bronco 6G Adapter should get you up and running.
Thanks! I found that on TwistedShifterz not long after I posted. Hope the Holley guys are reading this. They had no solution or recommendations other than to return the handle. Not their fault. Hard to see outside your world if that’s what you do all day.
Sponsored