First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco with Sasquatch Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received my 2021 Badlands in December. A month ago, my Ford SYNC screen went completely out for two days, then came back on for almost one week. Screen went out again about 3 weeks ago at 1800 miles and dealership says that my APIM needs to be replaced. Problem is that Ford doesn't have any APIMs available for the Bronco and has no idea when they might have one available for me. No radio, no navigation, no back-up camera and zero help from Ford on this issue. Suggestions? @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I received my 2021 Badlands in December. A month ago, my Ford SYNC screen went completely out for two days, then came back on for almost one week. Screen went out again about 3 weeks ago at 1800 miles and dealership says that my APIM needs to be replaced. Problem is that Ford doesn't have any APIMs available for the Bronco and has no idea when they might have one available for me. No radio, no navigation, no back-up camera and zero help from Ford on this issue. Suggestions? @Ford Motor Company
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
30 days, then Lemon Law it

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Try holding the next track and power button at the same time until sync reboots. My 21 F-550 work truck goes blank on occasion and I have to reset by this method in order to get the screen back.

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

…this is why you get a warranty… 🤡

Sponsored

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same issue. Ford can't seem to help. It's been about two months. @Ford Motor Company reached out 3 times on this forum but only created more confusion. Dealer has no idea when part will arrive.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same issue. Ford can't seem to help. It's been about two months. @Ford Motor Company reached out 3 times on this forum but only created more confusion. Dealer has no idea when part will arrive.
Just throwing it out here but I assume they created a COPIS case and tagged it as VOR (vehicle off road)? This is the highest escalation we can do on our end. Some of our electronics are exchanged through a couple different vendors (United Radio is ours). I wonder if it would be worth the dealer reaching out to see if they are able to exchange or repair if these are on indefinite back order. You don't happen to have the part number do you?

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
I have the same problem and my dealer keeps telling me that my APIM is on backorder. It has been a month now without any radio, NAV, cameras. Kinda makes all of those emails about my trial NAV period a little annoying.
Then seeing all of the Broncos sitting on Ice Mountain waiting for whatever that probably have working APIM units that could be sent out.

Tnjrb

Outer Banks
First Name
Jedidiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company I'm having this same issues. less than 3k miles on my bronco and APIM is out. Dealer says there is nothing they can do due to a backorder. im stuck with black screen, no radio, backup cam or controls. can you help?
Sponsored