Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Let's go!

Thanks from a bystander.

Hello, Bill! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this screen concern. Thanks!

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last Friday I brought my new Big Bend home. The next morning I went out and started it up and nothing but black on the console screen. (no speedo, no tach, no fuel gauge . . .). I jiggled fuses and thumped a few things in the forlorn hope of something was loose. Nope. Called the service department who were less than helpful with a response of "Bring it in on the 21st and we'll take a look". With much self discipline, I calmly told them what I thought about bringing it in on June 21st, and asked to escalate it to a manager. Long story short I brought it in this morning.
I did drive the BB down and back to our summer house this weekend, using the Waze app as my speedometer (and trying to abide by engine break-in protocol), but it was less than a practical solution.
Has anyone else run into this issue? Anybody have any ideas on cause or remedy??
I'll update if/when I hear back from the dealer.
Thanks!

1654005272298.png
What’s up with the influx of cheezy click baity post titles lately? And yes, I click on them!

OP
OP

WindwardOne

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2000 Boxster
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First, want to say that I appreciate Ford offering to see what they can do to help. I did hear back from the dealership and their POV is that the Instrument Cluster Panel will need to be replaced. It will apparently take until next week or possibly longer to get the part in. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope this gets resolved relatively soon. I took the car back and so for the time being I will be flying blind

OP
OP

WindwardOne

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What’s up with the influx of cheezy click baity post titles lately? And yes, I click on them!
Yeah, you're right, but it did yield some helpful ideas and an offer from FMC to see if they could lend a hand. So I make no apologies

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, you're right, but it did yield some helpful ideas and an offer from FMC to see if they could lend a hand. So I make no apologies
That’s kinda my point. Ridiculous high school girl stuff but, it works! No shame

OP
OP

WindwardOne

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did your Big Bend come with the Badlands wheels, or did you add them? (they look great)
Thanks! I found the Badland takeoffs on the forum. A local forum member was selling them, and they were exactly what I was looking for. He was even kind enough to deliver them the day before I was taking delivery on the BB. I worked out a deal with the dealership to buy my BB takeoffs and put the BL's on. Thanks to a really great forum member and the flexibility of the dealership no heavy lifting (literally or figuratively) was involved

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hear if you put it in rice while you sleep tiny little Asian fairies fix all electronics. Good as new in the morning

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Control alt delete. that fixes everything.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven’t looked under the dash a whole lot but I’d look and feel to see if the connector came loose. The dealer probably plugged in the computer it said no communication and said yup it’s dead. Heck it’s worth a shot to look. But things do go bad with electronics.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See, if you folks waited for the electric model the plug and play would have been the only thing to do!!

MrsSmitty

Big Bend
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Happened to me in my BB. Hadn't even hit 50 miles when everything went black. No speedo, no dash screen, no entertainment. Then it would flip out and light up only to die again or the screen would read "vehicle network communication error." I would get random readings that the fuel tank was empty or the lights wouldn't turn off or the dash wouldn't register when I threw it in Park... and the check engine light was on. Most of the time though, it was just black.

With around 36 codes flashing, Ford finally traced it back to the gateway module, the main chip that processes everything. Its "that chip," the one nobody had that caused the hold up on dirt mountain. Got the new module and haven’t had any more issues. Took a whole month to fix, but that's a whole different saga for another time.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I might burn sage in mine when I get it👻