First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was smoking on the test drive , grease from the driveshaft boot had gotten all over the exhaust.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ATLien

ATLien

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They told me two days ago that I had a cut driveshaft boot and it probably was done during the manufacturing process and it was spitting grease out all over the place in the car started smoking on my test drive.
Ordered in July 1923 re-ordered in January 2024 just got it in last week was on my test drive 24 badlands Sasquatch four-door.
I noticed a burning smell on the first Bronco as well. Sorry to hear you had the same problem!

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

had the same thing when I picked mine up, must be the same truck driver who doesn't know where to put the hook. they had to replace the whole shaft.

OP
OP
ATLien

ATLien

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
had the same thing when I picked mine up, must be the same truck driver who doesn't know where to put the hook. they had to replace the whole shaft.
Ouch. The drive shaft needed to be replaced on the one I had as well. Makes sense because all the lube is gone and you've got spinning metal parts.

Sponsored

Blew Oval

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various makes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s no consolation, but that’s the first I’ve seen something like this on a new vehicle. I wouldn’t be surprised if it were used for test drives before you bought it considering the dealer’s willingness to exchange it for you.

I feel you on expecting the quality to be better considering the price you payed, but before anyone else says it; it’s not a $70k vehicle, it’s a $40k vehicle with $30k in options, so it’s better to adjust your expectations than expect a Lexus experience.
It was almost assuredly a demo vehicle that has been thoroughly flogged during test drives. I'd expect problems with your "new" vehicle as well.

ZeoBandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to buy
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ordered in July 1923 re-ordered in January 2024 just got it in last week was on my test drive 24 badlands Sasquatch four-door.
Wow - you ordered it a 100 years before it came out? That's dedication! :crackup:
Sponsored