First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2000 Boxster
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Last Friday I brought my new Big Bend home. The next morning I went out and started it up and nothing but black on the console screen. (no speedo, no tach, no fuel gauge . . .). I jiggled fuses and thumped a few things in the forlorn hope of something was loose. Nope. Called the service department who were less than helpful with a response of "Bring it in on the 21st and we'll take a look". With much self discipline, I calmly told them what I thought about bringing it in on June 21st, and asked to escalate it to a manager. Long story short I brought it in this morning.
I did drive the BB down and back to our summer house this weekend, using the Waze app as my speedometer (and trying to abide by engine break-in protocol), but it was less than a practical solution.
Has anyone else run into this issue? Anybody have any ideas on cause or remedy??
I'll update if/when I hear back from the dealer.
Thanks!

Update - issue resolved. My Instrument Cluster Panel has been replaced (as of 6/16), but it took well over two weeks and because of poor communication/execution (long story that I will spare you the details), five trips to the dealer at 1 hr+ per trip. Ford customer service had been monitoring since the beginning of this thread and requested feedback on the resolution process, which I provided on Friday. Ford reached out again this AM to say that because of my experience the dealer is offering a Premium Extended Service Plan of 75K miles / 5 yrs, which is better than a poke in the eye (I had been researching and was planning to purchase a longer plan, but free is free). The only thing that left a bad taste in my mouth is that Ford said that the dealer would normally offer this at over $3,000. I could have bought the Ford Premium ESP contract through Flood Ford for under $900.

Ford Bronco I brought my new Bronco home . . . . then everything went black 1654005272298
Sponsored

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First thoughts...
  • Instrument Cluster Module, or
  • Fuse 13 (7.5A) in the Body Control Module Fuse Box (below the dash)
    • Protects the Steering Column Module and the Instrument Cluster Module.
    • See page 316 of the 2021 Bronco Owners Manual.
    • 2022 Bronco Owners Manual should be in a similar place, but may be on a different page.

Last edited:

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"unplug it and plug it back in" - seems like troubleshooting steps for a poorly set-up PC. hope it works

Sponsored

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Comcast style — unplug battery and wait 10 minutes

OP
OP

WindwardOne

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2000 Boxster
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the suggestions - I will try the "unplug" strategy, if the dealership hasn't got it figured out by EOD.
I did look at the another thread about this type of issue. The OP included a pic of his instrument cluster. In the pic the analog speedo on the left of the cluster was lit - in my case the whole thing is black/unlit and the analog is not working. Also noted that the reset didn't appear to work for that OP.
I'll circle back when this is resolved. thanks again!

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My guess is a lose connector. That's a common theme on Fords.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Last Friday I brought my new Big Bend home. The next morning I went out and started it up and nothing but black on the console screen. (no speedo, no tach, no fuel gauge . . .). I jiggled fuses and thumped a few things in the forlorn hope of something was loose. Nope. Called the service department who were less than helpful with a response of "Bring it in on the 21st and we'll take a look". With much self discipline, I calmly told them what I thought about bringing it in on June 21st, and asked to escalate it to a manager. Long story short I brought it in this morning.
I did drive the BB down and back to our summer house this weekend, using the Waze app as my speedometer (and trying to abide by engine break-in protocol), but it was less than a practical solution.
Has anyone else run into this issue? Anybody have any ideas on cause or remedy??
I'll update if/when I hear back from the dealer.
Thanks!

Ford Bronco I brought my new Bronco home . . . . then everything went black 1654005272298
Hello, Bill! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this screen concern. Thanks!

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you tried disconnecting the battery as a hard "reset" and plugging it back in?
Not that you should have to, but it may be a quick fix, as how 90% of most computer issues are resolved.
The advice of someone (like myself) who remembers IT Support in the 90's ;-)

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Ford Motor Company. I know you do not pop up on here and respond as often as some forum members would like, but the fact that you do is nice to see.

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A scanner would tell you right away which module is offline. If all the fuses are good and disconnecting the battery doesn't reset it then it's probably a bad module or a connector that didn't get pushed all the way into the lock position. Hope it's something simple.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if the loose fuse block is still an issue on the '22s? Might want to check that. There are threads on here about it as well.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
because most members just want to complain ... FMC responds when they think they can help the situation.

@Ford Motor Company. I know you do not pop up on here and respond as often as some forum members would like, but the fact that you do is nice to see.
Sponsored