Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wonder how much the 10R60 will be able to handle
I watched a video of a tranny shop rebuild of a a 10r80 that had been drag racing. Their conclusion is it's fine up to 700+hp at which point the clutch packs wear out before the rest of it.

Not having had that transmission, but doing research on it the big concern is it's extremely important to keep up on the fluid changes and that most problems with it in practice are related to the electronics either getting ruined by fluid contamination or just acting quirky if not programmed right(I'd assume ford has probably worked out the programming by now)

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And with a Tune it will be even higher!
Unless the EPA has it's way... They've been raiding tune shops that sell defeat emission devices. Just a matter of time until they completely kill tunes.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now that the HP and Torque numbers are out and we can decide between fuel octanes, maybe someone can find the ELUSIVE MPG numbers!!
I don't know why the MPG is such a secret that they won't publish it? what could they possibly gain by holding out on that info? :confused:

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now that the HP and Torque numbers are out and we can decide between fuel octanes, maybe someone can find the ELUSIVE MPG numbers!!
I don't know why the MPG is such a secret that they won't publish it? what could they possibly gain by holding out on that info? :confused:
because the numbers are probably going to suck for a vehicle produced in 2021...lol

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But at what RPM? Liking that torque, but want it quick...

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Odd that they list it with premium. 🤷‍♂️ Do they do that with the F150? Either way, mine will never see premium in the tank unless it comes with it.
I’ve used premium only for 7 years now.
The improved performance aside, I’ve consistently gotten a mile (or more) per gallon more every time I do an 89 to 93 comparison.
So the added cost is almost exactly balanced by my calculation. So the net gain is probably better performance.
Clock every single tank too; not the old guesstimate like every single buddy of mine that drives a solid axle Tacoma that swears they get “25 or 30 mpg” every tank when they’ve never actually calculated it accurately even

(It’s below 19, all you sfa 22re taco’s)

My .02

jmhutner

Badlands
First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I fell down the rabbit hole of looking up 10R80 mustangs the other night. I wasn't sure why everyone was touting the 10spd auto over the stick shift. Hooooo boy. Makes the same engine much faster with just a transmission change.
Still lame. Mustang should be a manual. If you want faster, put a blower on it. GT350 transmission is an absolute beast.

Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Peak HP/Torque is always listed with premium, at least Ford does with their ecoboost stuff in my experience.
Thats what I've seen too. Ford ecoboost numbers are always with premium gas in the tank.

I see a few responses in this thread with people who are surprised by the premium gas required for the higher numbers.

I'm surprised people thought regular gas on an ecoboost engine would put out the best numbers or would be what Ford uses.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I remember when everyone got mad when I mentioned premium fuel. Lol enjoy that regular fuel.
I remember when you used to denounce that the Bronco could be run on regular. Wait, Pepperidge Farm remembers. That is everyday, including today!

Having split figures based on the RON of fuel is nothing new and there's nothing wrong with running 85/87 RON fuels in your rig.

90% of the Jeeps (and soon to be Bronco's!) in Moab run the monkey-piss 85 RON that Utah serves up so cheaply. And that's AT ELEVATION......

Modern vehicles use a sensor to detect the RON of fuel in the tank (or blend), and re-map the ECU to run safely.

Here's a great article from 2012 about the topic.... Nearly a decade old, and still holding true and working fantastically as a methodology! By my rough count this would make your "theory" incorrect for at least the last 3,300 days. Cool.

Octane number determination of gasoline with a phononic crystal sensor

Having kept a chemist lab in the trunk of my Mitsubishi Evo and mixing up every tank of E85, the resulting effective RON of 105 made for some spirited 6-mpg fun!

got_G.O.A.T.?

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just some perspective for those of you set on using regular as opposed to premium gas. Not sure on gas prices where you're at but here in the gas tax capital the difference is $.30 per gallon. So that's only $6.00 per tank. I know, I know....six bucks is six bucks, but just buy one less cinnamon-mocha-soy-frappe-latte per week and there ya go. Horsepower up!

Just my $.02....or $.30

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The thing that gets me is the reduced tow rating for certain trims. Seems 3,500 is the "max" rating and several trims are less, and considerably less in some cases. If you thought this was going to tow your boat or small camper, check the specs for your model (3,200 for a Badlands 4-door with 2.7/auto). Might be surprised.