First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It is Area 51. if you look at the Bronco across from it is Cactus Gray. The Bronco in question can only be Area 51. Take the photo in the previous article "Area 51 vs Cactus Gray side-by-side comparison", and put it side by side (the webpages does that) you will see the color shift of Cactus Gray, when that same shift is applied to the "Blue" Bronco, it's Area 51.
Sponsored

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

C’mon Ford, offer custom colors!!!

I’d pay an extra $5-10k for a boxwood, sea pine, or mallard green with a Wimbledon top. Seems like half the people here would pay that for they’re own color. It’s not that much when you spread it over 5 years with almost no interest

Or, maybe hot ginger with a black top...
[/QUOTE]
Ford Bronco New ? Is it Lightning Blue or Velocity Blue? 8ADDB0FF-BC8C-49FD-817C-C6D52090F11D
Here you go. Hot Ginger with a black top.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The unknown, if that is a Warthog body, you would think it would be wearing wider doors and fenders, right now its a standard Bronco body.

There was one credible dealer, who is a member of the forum, that said a few months ago there was one more surprise color to come, maybe this is it.
They're not going to develop an entirely new cab/doors for a lower volume model. And the rear flare runs into the door area, so We'll likely just see even wider flares for Warthog. I'll be surprised if it were more.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're not going to develop an entirely new cab/doors for a lower volume model. And the rear flare runs into the door area, so We'll likely just see even wider flares for Warthog. I'll be surprised if it were more.
They did on the Raptor. It’s mainly the cosmetic sheet metal that changes. Can justify the new set of tooling for about 10k units / year on a high end model like the warthog.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone who thinks this is for a warthog mule, way too early in the process for that. Unless they’re going to do some sort of official reveal, the last thing they are going to do is paint a special color. There is a reason why all the test vehicle videos we see have black vehicles in them.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pre production blue, i.e. you can't have it. It'll be for promotional photos only.
I think your right . Just like the white top. Way to go Ford ..BUTT HEADS.

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This color thing thing is getting crazy Ford put all the colors are out already .

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My guess is it's a 3 stage color that only got 2 stages. I don't think we've seen a 3 stage preproduction vehicle yet so it's totally possible they're still in the programing/testing phases and put through something that may not exist or was done out of sequence (was common back when I did automation and conveyors).
First of all, its definitely NOT Lightning Blue and its definitely NOT Area 51.

Second, at first glance, the color looks non-metallic.

Third, that comment above is along the lines of what I WAS thinking. That, its a metallic color, like Velocity Blue that hasnt gotten its clear coat applied yet. Its not until the CC is applied that the metallic flake really pops out.

BUT if it hasnt gotten its CC applied yet, it wouldnt be this glossy. It would be pretty flat.

And upon closer inspection it doesnt seem to have much, if any, metallic in it. I thought I saw some metallic in that last closeup pic, but now i think its just the grain in the picture, because that grain shows up in other pics in other areas of the picture.

So.... I have to go with....its a new blue. ?‍♂
Sponsored