Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We now have official images of the kit. First image is from ebay listing. The other three are from the Ford Performance website.

FC594C29-B091-451E-8B5C-BFB66E07F29A.jpeg

F2E1C7F7-934D-481A-A2C7-EDEE6FE4565D.jpeg

05ABD03A-FEF4-4DE3-BDBA-DE1356061A84.jpeg

166DEC30-440F-4CF4-BB93-563678A5DE57.jpeg

OP
OP
Cactus Jack

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Purchased a set from Levittown Ford. Instructions for installation are misleading. Access to 2 of the push pins covering the lights on the bumper is extremely difficult. It’s almost like you need a special tool to reach that area. Other than that, install shouldn’t be too bad.

anyone else have luck installing a set?

Ford Bronco New Part: Ford Performance Rigid Off-Road Lighting Kit for Bronco Raptor 47C9AC17-FB97-49CF-958B-0A5CAC55210A
Ford Bronco New Part: Ford Performance Rigid Off-Road Lighting Kit for Bronco Raptor A2F0EBB7-D9B8-4E52-9C2B-6D8487AE9644
Ford Bronco New Part: Ford Performance Rigid Off-Road Lighting Kit for Bronco Raptor 0979C941-F934-42C3-B0B1-C7CF3F4BAB26

Sponsored

Glenjafett

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does Anyone know if these are the SR-M Floods or Spots?

Glenjafett

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does Anyone know if these are the SR-M Floods or Spots?
Old post, but I tried finding the answer. I had to buy them to find out.

They appear to have a narrow long throw, I believe them to be the Spots.
Ford Bronco New Part: Ford Performance Rigid Off-Road Lighting Kit for Bronco Raptor 20230610_234224

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Purchased a set from Levittown Ford. Instructions for installation are misleading. Access to 2 of the push pins covering the lights on the bumper is extremely difficult. It’s almost like you need a special tool to reach that area. Other than that, install shouldn’t be too bad.

anyone else have luck installing a set?

Ford Bronco New Part: Ford Performance Rigid Off-Road Lighting Kit for Bronco Raptor 20230610_234224
I got these installed a few months ago and you're correct, the install instructions do not accurately reflect the actual process. I ended up not removing the assembly but rather rotated the wheels hard to one side and then wedged myself between the wheel/bumper on the other side. From there I popped out the push-pins for the cover and replaced the light itself.

In a way it was more of a PITA than expected yet in other ways was simpler than the instructions as I wasn't removing as many parts.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just found this post I made some time ago on the Raptor Forum that might help:

The most difficult aspect is getting the 2 inner-most screws out/in for each light as space is tight in there. Here's some key learnings that I got out of it:

• The instructions state to work on the side that you have the wheels turned away from. Don't do that. If you turn your wheels to full lock then there is enough room to sit behind the bumper/wheel and access everything. If you try to work on the side that the wheels are turned away from then access to the inner-most areas is almost blocked off by the tire.
  • If you require reading glasses for close-up viewing, get them out.
  • No need to remove the entire assembly; actually probably easier to do it without removing them
  • Use needle-nose pliers to pull the push-pins out. Space is really tight for the inboard-upper pin. I was able to place on arm of the pliers inside the pin hole and the other on the outer edge to get enough grip.
  • Getting the wire harness disconnected was a b&^%$...until I realized that once you pull the red lock tab back you then need to press on the black tab underneath to release the connection (reference reading glasses from above 🥸). I knew it couldn't be that complicated so my frustrations were high on that one. Then the bulb went off again and "Presto".
  • The screws holding the lights in place use Torx 10. It took me a little bit to get my head out of my rear and stop trying to use a 5/64 hex (see note above re: reading glasses ;)). Once I moved to the Torx it was clear sailing. I happen to have a set of small/medium torx screwdrivers so this worked the best for me. Otherwise you can use a Torx 10 bit with your Bronco ratchet and get it done as well.
  • The screws that come in the set for level adjustment were both a little off from how the fogs were set. I'll need to get it out in the dark to determine if level adjustments are needed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cactus Jack

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is all good information. He is correct with turning the steering wheel. There’s quite a bit of room in the wheel well.

The install is not that bad, but there is one push pin that requires extra long needle nose pliers to reach.

The Ford Performance instructions are deceiving. I do not see why someone would remove the housing. Too much extra work. I just left the housing in place and removed the fogs.

Also, be sure to slide the tab for the wiring harness prior to pulling it off (Had to look that up online).

Something else to mention, make sure to check the alignment of the lights before reinstalling the back housing cover with push pins. I made this mistake and had one light tilted up too high.

Ford Bronco New Part: Ford Performance Rigid Off-Road Lighting Kit for Bronco Raptor IMG_0010

I just found this post I made some time ago on the Raptor Forum that might help:

The most difficult aspect is getting the 2 inner-most screws out/in for each light as space is tight in there. Here's some key learnings that I got out of it:

• The instructions state to work on the side that you have the wheels turned away from. Don't do that. If you turn your wheels to full lock then there is enough room to sit behind the bumper/wheel and access everything. If you try to work on the side that the wheels are turned away from then access to the inner-most areas is almost blocked off by the tire.
  • If you require reading glasses for close-up viewing, get them out.
  • No need to remove the entire assembly; actually probably easier to do it without removing them
  • Use needle-nose pliers to pull the push-pins out. Space is really tight for the inboard-upper pin. I was able to place on arm of the pliers inside the pin hole and the other on the outer edge to get enough grip.
  • Getting the wire harness disconnected was a b&^%$...until I realized that once you pull the red lock tab back you then need to press on the black tab underneath to release the connection (reference reading glasses from above 🥸). I knew it couldn't be that complicated so my frustrations were high on that one. Then the bulb went off again and "Presto".
  • The screws holding the lights in place use Torx 10. It took me a little bit to get my head out of my rear and stop trying to use a 5/64 hex (see note above re: reading glasses ;)). Once I moved to the Torx it was clear sailing. I happen to have a set of small/medium torx screwdrivers so this worked the best for me. Otherwise you can use a Torx 10 bit with your Bronco ratchet and get it done as well.
  • The screws that come in the set for level adjustment were both a little off from how the fogs were set. I'll need to get it out in the dark to determine if level adjustments are needed.

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for all the info
Sponsored