Threads
Reaction score
Website
specialtyperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor/Bronco/Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At #SPVparts, we produce ONLY the highest quality products with OEM like and beyond fit, finish and function. For this reason, we don't RUSH out a product that is sub par or that has poor fitment or quality.

That leads us to the new Capable Bumper dual mounts that cleanly fit the Rigid Industries D-Series, Radiance and Baja Designs Squadron lights.

One key thing we wanted to address that other brackets out there don't, is proper fit and alignment. You see, when you look at the bumper, it is ANGLED at the corners. One thing we noticed with similar products is that they have the lights butt up flush to their mounts, rather than angle straight for correct positioning of the light beam angles. While cosmetically, that may seem appealing because the faces of the lights are even with the face of the mount. When it comes to the light positioning, its like someone having two lazy eyes, both looking outward, to the right and left.

For this reason, we made the clearance tight, but capable of aiming the lights STRAIGHT forward just like the headlights, or the OEM fog lights you are removing for that matter.
We also wanted to represent Rigid and Baja Designs with a quality bracket that so many have been asking us for.

Another thing we wanted to address is a BIG GAP left at the bottom between the existing bumper and the mount from most other producers of similar brackets. I can tell you, it took us WEEKS and probably 100+ 3D Prints to properly balance and position the flat face so that it would cover that gap properly. You see, the original bumper opening isn't FLAT. It is pressed and formed steel. It is made to curve and angle. So that inside lip, where the bracket meets up to it also has a radius/curved shape. So if you lift the flat face on the top left, you need to compensate and drop it on the bottom right. Getting the angles right was tedious. However, I think all those hours and hours of R&D that we did to go above and beyond anything else that is out there, will give our customers the fit and finish quality they expect from us.

Here is a link to view these and some photos.

We would love to get your feedback. Please respond with questions or comments.

We are also currently working on light bar mounts and others for this bumper due to many requests. So stay tuned...

These are in final production and will start shipping the first of next week (Week of May 1st)

Link-
bronco capable fog - Specialty Performance Parts

John-
SPVparts

[email protected]
317/934/6778

Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - Capable Bumper Premium Adjustable DUAL Fog Mounts / Kits for Baja Designs & Rigid Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Baja Fo
Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - Capable Bumper Premium Adjustable DUAL Fog Mounts / Kits for Baja Designs & Rigid Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Rigid Fog CU

#rigidindustries #bajadesigns
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These look great!

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered mine with the capable bumper for the fog lights. I'm hairy to see someone giving some love for the capable bumper. I am planning on changing it, but I wanted the stock fog lights anyway. Why pay extra for a bumper with no lights, them switch the bumper so you can add them or add them to that bumper anyway. Just my 2 cents

Definitely going to check this out.
Thank you

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They look good, particularly with the Rigids fitting so nicely in that pocket. Might be a good long term quality plan for those planning to keep their Capable bumper.

Sponsored

KenM

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV Ram Prospector, Bronco, HD RG & Pan America
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nice. Can one set of the lights be wired into the OEM fog light switch/working?

OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice. Can one set of the lights be wired into the OEM fog light switch/working?
Yes. The kits come with adapters for the lights and a single pair fog harness. You can put one on the fog switch and one on a regular switch. The Standard Radiance however are low enough amp wise that you can tie BOTH into the single fog switch if you want. They also would have the backlight port/and or our backlight Y harness that can run up to power the backlights via our Headlight Marker adapter, or a switch.

KenM

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV Ram Prospector, Bronco, HD RG & Pan America
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes. The kits come with adapters for the lights and a single pair fog harness. You can put one on the fog switch and one on a regular switch. The Standard Radiance however are low enough amp wise that you can tie BOTH into the single fog switch if you want. They also would have the backlight port/and or our backlight Y harness that can run up to power the backlights via our Headlight Marker adapter, or a switch.
Nice! Great information. Thanks!

Webbie44

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep 2dr Rubicon, 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I do not have the capable bumper, all my auxiliary lighting came from SPV and I will attest that all of the wiring harnesses and light mounts are very well made. John is a great guy to work with and I would not hesitate to buy more from him! Here are photos of the triple light kit and the A pillar kit from SPV using all Rigid lights.

IMG_0716.png

IMG_0715.png

IMG_0706.jpeg

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Woohooo!! More love for the capable bumper crowd!!

very clean bracket here, gives me more to think about

Sponsored

Matt J.

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘97 4Runner SR5 5sp manual, ‘22 4dr BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are these mounts compatible with other manufacturers besides Rigid? I have Diode Dynamics SS3 pro's currently installed.

OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are these mounts compatible with other manufacturers besides Rigid? I have Diode Dynamics SS3 pro's currently installed.
They will be. We are making some modified components for the Diode lights so they fit and position correctly. We didn't just want to throw them in there. There is "Fitting" and "Working". I prefer the best positioning and fitment when I design these things. One of the biggest things that drove me nuts, and I am sure others, are large gaps at the base where the brackets meet the bumper. It took me 4 weeks of prints to all but eliminate that.
You see, you are taking a flat piece of metal and trying to lay it over a hole that is curved on the edges. So there has to be a slight gap somewhere. The question is, would you rather have a tiny gap at the top, where you cant see it? or a big one at the bottom? Where every time you look at the bumper you see the inside/backside.
So again, the gap at the base is gone almost completely, and at the top there is maybe an 1/8 to 1/4 inch that you WONT see unless you are laying on your back on the ground directly under it, looking up.

So closing gaps is a big thing. Then with Diode, I am sure you've seen the base bracket. It bumps OUT as you see in the below picture. So if you can imagine sliding these lights FORWARD on a base slot on these brackets. When you turn them inward to face STRAIGHT, the Bracket hits the faceplate before you can angle it enough. Rigid and Baja Brackets don't do that. They put the light AHEAD of the U-Bracket.

That leaves either putting the light angled BEHIND the faceplate on one side and meeting it on the other. Or, bringing the whole light forward and flush to the faceplate but angled OUTWARD.
Again, Rigid and Baja's brackets aren't restrictive like that.

For that reason, I am working on a stand alone bracket to REPLACE Diodes U-Bracket so we can bring them forward and straight and fill gaps. So that is coming soon.

Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - Capable Bumper Premium Adjustable DUAL Fog Mounts / Kits for Baja Designs & Rigid 1683167785074

These other pictures may illustrate more.

This first picture illustrates what I was saying that the bumpers are NOT Straight. Not even close. Though they may seem more straight on the truck. You can see what I mean with this big level.

Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - Capable Bumper Premium Adjustable DUAL Fog Mounts / Kits for Baja Designs & Rigid 111

This next picture is a close up showing ever more how ANGLED these are on the corners where the fog pockets are. So imagine the angle needed to focus a light forward correctly and going back to those standard Diode U Mounts that come too far forward. to swivel them when they bump into the face plate. Now, this isn't Diodes fault. They hadn't probably ever planned on this type of situation. I think their design was just trying to evenly distribute the weight with the base.

Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - Capable Bumper Premium Adjustable DUAL Fog Mounts / Kits for Baja Designs & Rigid 222

This next picture shows how I was able to almost COMPLETELY eliminate any gaps between the bracket and the bumper. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy. Angle adjustments from 4 points. Print after print... Like I was saying though. Ford didnt give us a FLAT edge opening. This is pressed and formed steel.

Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - Capable Bumper Premium Adjustable DUAL Fog Mounts / Kits for Baja Designs & Rigid 444

The next picture shows a front view. (BTW, those strips on there that look even more matte are tesa tape just to keep scuffs off. The brackets are the same clean texture.
This photo shows how clean the brackets fit in there.

Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - Capable Bumper Premium Adjustable DUAL Fog Mounts / Kits for Baja Designs & Rigid 555

This last picture shows from an UNDER view looking STRAIGHT UP. As you see, there is a tiny gap at the top that you will never see. I compensated the angles of the face to close the gap at the bottom that you WOULD see with a little lift here, drop there, etc. It was nerve racking! The end results though are what I personally would want and expect when spending money on a product like this. It's about the quality to me, not the quantity. Of course, sometimes it takes me a little longer to get something out than others, but I prefer to make those special touches to be sure what I put out is the BEST.

Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - Capable Bumper Premium Adjustable DUAL Fog Mounts / Kits for Baja Designs & Rigid 666

So after seeing these close ups and details, hopefully it explains why I feel a replacement Diode bracket is needed to properly fit and align these and it will be coming very very soon. I wanted to have the METAL ones here that I could use as the base to design those Diode ones vs the Plastic which is flexible. I should have some updated pictures soon.

John

Matt J.

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘97 4Runner SR5 5sp manual, ‘22 4dr BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! Thank you so much for that detailed explanation! I can see you've invested a lot of thought and effort into the solution. I'm not liking my current bracket because of the 1/2" gap at the lower edge like you mentioned. I'm bookmarking this thread for when you have updates!

OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! Thank you so much for that detailed explanation! I can see you've invested a lot of thought and effort into the solution. I'm not liking my current bracket because of the 1/2" gap at the lower edge like you mentioned. I'm bookmarking this thread for when you have updates!
You may be able to get some black foam weather stripping that may solve your situation potentially? If you decide to go that route. I never want to try to force people into spending more money. We just like to solve problems and come up with solutions.

Or, as said, I will have an update to make the Diodes work here as well. That's the real trick though. While we as designers want everything to "just work". Some brand/products, or even vehicles just take some unique adjustment or change or special design. In this case, it was a matter of make everything work "OK" or go the extra mile and make a couple variations so everything works and looks GREAT.

Diode are some great lights too. The only thing that frustrates me in the design process is that they just "don't fit the same mold" so to speak. What I mean by that is, Rigid and Baja Case sizes are in general similar. Other brands in many cases are also that general 3x3 case size.
Diodes are closer to 3-1/2 to 4". Which requires different size holes in a lot of instances.

Then their brackets as I pointed out have the base U mount way out toward the front where the others it sits further back. The base mount also sits down from the light about 1/4" to 1/2" lower than all the other brands, which raises the lights higher off that mount and shoots past a hole made to fit many lights. I think we can solve those issues with a different base mount.

Again, these aren't complaints about Diode as a brand. Just the challenges we have in making a "One Size Fits All" application.

So to give Diode it's love in a proper manor, I need to make some adjustments to a few things as I mentioned and I will have the update for those here soon.

John
Sponsored