Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Base Sasquatch 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone heard any information about a new field service report on 2.3 Bronco 4-cylinder engines? Apparently 10k to be affected. Something about machining on block during production was too close to the edge and oil will potentially leak over time. The fix involves dealer service for two days to replace the block. Pretty significant impact. I don’t think anything has come out about this yet. My Ford dealer ran my VIN in an Oasis report and determined mine is not effected.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vast majority of the impacted engines are for the Ford Explorer. Impact to the Ranger and Bronco is minimal—only 2-3 days of production.

If you had a Bronco built in early December 2022, have your dealer run your VIN in OASIS.

OP
OP

Loren

Base
First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The vast majority of the impacted engines are for the Ford Explorer. Impact to the Ranger and Bronco is minimal—only 2-3 days of production.

If you had a Bronco built in early December 2022, have your dealer run your VIN in OASIS.
Thanks for the clarification. Glad to hear Broncos are not being impacted too much by this.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

TPaulWak

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2023 Bronco, Big Bend, 2.3L (w/Sasquatch). Picked it up from the dealer 2/7/23. Been driving it fairly carefully, with no long road trips, excessive RMP, or speed. Just passed 900 miles. Yesterday it went to the dealer with an oil leak. Waiting to hear back from them now. FYI: The connectivity went out almost right away too, so no FordPass. Did all the resets/reinstalls and nothing. So have that on the list too.

Bronco_01.jpg

Bronco_03.jpg

Bronco_04.jpg

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford needs to bring back everything “in house". That way they can be in control. Damn this is getting ridiculous!

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Had to look at my email for ‘ your bronco has been built…11/30/22..hopefully im in the clear

OP
OP

Loren

Base
First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

:oops:

TPaulWak

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good tip. I did not think about the email. I check a few other places and asked the dealer too. My email is dated 12/15 "been built." So it's close to the dates of the above link. Waiting to hear what the dealer has to say about a warranty repair.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any hope of the title being edited to reflect the true scope of the "massive impact"?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Loren

Base
First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any hope of the title being edited to reflect the true scope of the "massive impact"?
After getting reassured the issue only affected a few Broncos I toned the title down to be less alarming. Thanks for the suggestion.

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there somewhere on the window sticker that shows the build date if not where does one find out this information?

TPaulWak

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have not heard back from the dealership. But I did receive a text from the person assigned to the warranty claim, the roadside assistance team. Not entirely sure what/who that is, though. Anyway, that person's response was an "oil leak from the rear main oil gallery plug, and they are working on getting a resolution for this issue." I want to think that is easy. However, being built in MI near the days identified (12/3 to 12/5), pretty sure my build is 12/1, and what I am reading might lean toward a new motor. However, I am all ears if someone can tell me I am wrong ;)

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have not heard back from the dealership. But I did receive a text from the person assigned to the warranty claim, the roadside assistance team. Not entirely sure what/who that is, though. Anyway, that person's response was an "oil leak from the rear main oil gallery plug, and they are working on getting a resolution for this issue." I want to think that is easy. However, being built in MI near the days identified (12/3 to 12/5), pretty sure my build is 12/1, and what I am reading might lean toward a new motor. However, I am all ears if someone can tell me I am wrong ;)
The resolution is replacing the engine in the small number of affected vehicles.

You can check for recalls here:
https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/

If you enter your VIN and it doesn’t show this recall. Your vehicle isn’t affected.

TPaulWak

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you. No recalls. Maybe it's simple and I'll get it back soon. Appreciate the help!!!
Sponsored