First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm also interested to know if the problems were sorted out, and if the module needs to remain plugged into the OBD port, or it it is removed once you've made the changes you want.
Remove after making changes.
Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, got mine today and everything works except the tire size adjustment (the main thing I got it for). Everything else changes without issue, but every time I try to adjust the tire sized to 36.5, I get a 'Service AdvanceTrac' warning and it will not go away until I switch it back to 'stock'.

I've followed the onscreen instructions to a T and the other things changed just fine. Any ideas why it's doing this????

IMG_6895.jpeg
I’ve used these with the their vehicles and if it was acting weird, there sometimes were software updates. Hopefully there will be one for you and you’ll be set. Pretty annoying that the one thing you wanted isn’t working.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve used these with the their vehicles and if it was acting weird, there sometimes were software updates. Hopefully there will be one for you and you’ll be set. Pretty annoying that the one thing you wanted isn’t working.
I get get the update app on my MacBook Pro to work correctly either, lol

Esmeral

Black Diamond
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I used flashcal superchips to resize tires after installing a set of Sasquatch takeoffs on my non-sas BD. With the original setting (32"), my speedometer showed less speed than actual, like 3 mph less than the gps at 60mph. I set 34.5" (closest to 315/70/17) and now the speedometer shows 4 mph above the gps. Has anyone had this accuracy issue with this device?

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm reading that the FlashCal doesn't work on 2023 Broncos. Is that accurate?

(UPDATE: I just got off the phone with Holley/Superchips tech support. As of today 4/21/23 this product does NOT support 2023. The rep I spoke with claimed that "they are working on it" and he estimated that an update should be available "in the next few months".)

Last edited:

Sponsored

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since I’ve used this already and my PC is showing VIN lock not used, I should be able to use on another Bronco I would assume. Anyone tried that yet?

ED127AC4-3AAF-4DAF-9C5F-F86BFEF5D951.jpeg
I just bought a used SC Flashcal 1546 for Bronco.
The original owner said he put his bronco back to stock.
Will that allow me to use the device on my 2021 Bronco ?
Or did I find too good of a deal on this unit?

New Edit:
Yes with his bronco set back to stock I SHOULD be able to get it on my mine!
Whew....

Last edited:

21Bar

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasq Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am looking at purchasing to disable the Auto Stop and avoid pulling my dash apart to install a HW solution. Does anyone know if this will allow me to change the units on my boost gauge from kPa to PSI?

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am looking at purchasing to disable the Auto Stop and avoid pulling my dash apart to install a HW solution. Does anyone know if this will allow me to change the units on my boost gauge from kPa to PSI?
Yes
It does disable the ASS (Auto Start Stop). And the annoying double honk feature. And you can choose your unit of measurement for Pressure. However I can't seem to dial in the tire size to get an accurate speedo reading.
Since I have the Sas package I thought 35" setting would do it, but it reads fast on the speedo by 3-4 MPH compared to a GPS app I'm using. I tried all increments by a quater of an inch available in the device. All the way down to 33.75" even. Still reads fast, its closer but no cigar. There is also a "Return to Stock" setting. I'll try that next, assuming the Bronc knows it had 35's (34.6") and that may be the best setting to begin with.
Chime in those who've been there and done that!

21Bar

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasq Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes
It does disable the ASS (Auto Start Stop). And the annoying double honk feature. And you can choose your unit of measurement for Pressure. However I can't seem to dial in the tire size to get an accurate speedo reading.
Since I have the Sas package I thought 35" setting would do it, but it reads fast on the speedo by 3-4 MPH compared to a GPS app I'm using. I tried all increments by a quater of an inch available in the device. All the way down to 33.75" even. Still reads fast, its closer but no cigar. There is also a "Return to Stock" setting. I'll try that next, assuming the Bronc knows it had 35's (34.6") and that may be the best setting to begin with.
Chime in those who've been there and done that!
Thanks, I'll get one ordered. I can change tire pressure to PSI in settings but not boost pressure. It costs a bit more to diasable the auto start/stop but with my luck I'll break something taking the dash apart to put in a HW module.

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, I'll get one ordered. I can change tire pressure to PSI in settings but not boost pressure. It costs a bit more to diasable the auto start/stop but with my luck I'll break something taking the dash apart to put in a HW module.
Oh Oh Hey,
I was refering to tire pressure. Didn't see anything in there about boost pressure.
Just to clear the air.
They give all the things it can do on their website. Pretty complete list. I would check that 1st.

Sponsored

21Bar

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasq Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the clarification. I’ll still get one for ASS disable

Danh63

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X4, BMW 840, Chevy Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So someone mentioned it doesn't work with the 2023's?

Treich

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm reading that the FlashCal doesn't work on 2023 Broncos. Is that accurate?

(UPDATE: I just got off the phone with Holly/Superchips tech support. As of today 4/21/23 this product does NOT support 2023. The rep I spoke with claimed that "they are working on it" and he estimated that an update should be available "in the next few months".)
Thanks for doing the foot work I am waiting for my 37s to come in and been looking at this over playing with Forscan.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mktg

Superchips_Mktg

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.holley.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
any news on the update. or any idea when the update will be out?
We are actually just finishing up validation for the 2023 as we speak. Every feature on the current device will work with exception of the start/stop, so you could order one to do tires and update it after we release 23 support to get that start/stop feature working.
Sponsored