First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FIRST and FOREMOST , what was your goal with the wheel and tire swap?
We really need to know what your goal was before we can offer a solution out.
Why those wheels?
Why those tires?
Why those sizes?
DETAILS!

As it looks, it's simply too narrow of a tire on a too wide wheel.

Looking at the stats you posted above ....

I'd guess they measure on the ideal wheel width with the acceptable range being the over/under size. You are outside those allowances.
I'd rather be on the too narrow wheel than too wide.
Although wide wheel/skinny tire is a popular look in certain communities.

I know it's a lot of work, measure the ride height at various points, then put the stockers back on and re-measure so you have a solid # for how much it has changed. Any easily re-measurable point will do since we are not dealing with suspension.
Be advised to let the truck roll out a bit to relax the suspension after taking it off the jacks.
It's possible this is all or mostly "perspective".
Did you take solid measurements before hand?

Alternatively, find a similar stock Bronco and measure it out. Should be pretty close if all the big variables are the same (OBX, motor size, etc)

Just looking at the pics , I get the sinking feeling that this is one of those "Pretty fly for a white guy" (song by Offspring) moments. Dude tried to do all the cool shit, but gets all the parts wrong.
Everything has to work together.

9" is just too wide for a 255 & short sidewall tire.
Looking at https://tiresize.com/chart/ and check out all the stats.
For a 9" wheel , I say you need to be at 275/65-18 if you are trying to stay at stock height. 32.1"
By pure luck, that 18" size has A LOT of options in the SL, XL and C range.
That will look tough, ride well, sit at proper ride height, speedo will be correct but fuel mileage may take a hit.

I suspect you went for the ride quality of the SL rated tire, so stay away from Load Range E, if that is the case. Stay with SL, XL or C ... my opinion, IF your looking for a softer ride. (I stayed with Load Range C)

My goal was to go for a better look than the current wheels. Tires weren't an issue but I wasn't a fan for how long they'd probably last. So I figured get a whole new set with wheels and keep the old set in case something happens with the new ones and have a backup set.

Why those wheels, because they look awesome and I like them. I thought going with the same size wheel and tires wouldn't be an issue

Measurements wise, it's half an inch I've lost in ride height. I measured from the ground to a portion of the bottom of the front bumper on my vehicle compared to an OBX at the dealership I work at.

That's why I said slight issue. It's noticeable to me. If everything is working fine and as intended and all I'm losing is ride height, then I'm okay with that. I'll just get the leveling kit and call it a day.
Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You should have gone with a larger tire. I can understand maybe not wanting a more aggressive look (barely) but the same size? Doesn't make sense to me.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are various difference from manufacturer to manufacturer even with the same label. One manufacturer that says their tire is for example a 35" it may measure a true 35", while another may come in at 34.5" diameter. You should be able to look up the diameter of each on the manufacturer website and see if there is a difference there. I could see some stretch taking a tad of height (usually makes the center dip like a U slightly) out but not sure if it should take that much out. But, if it's a smaller diameter AND stretched on a 9" rim quite possible.

OP
OP
BravoV4

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are various difference from manufacturer to manufacturer even with the same label. One manufacturer that says their tire is for example a 35" it may measure a true 35", while another may come in at 34.5" diameter. You should be able to look up the diameter of each on the manufacturer website and see if there is a difference there. I could see some stretch taking a tad of height (usually makes the center dip like a U slightly) out but not sure if it should take that much out. But, if it's a smaller diameter AND stretched on a 9" rim quite possible.

I think this is exactly what happened. Half an inch on the ride height is all that was lost.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why those wheels, because they look awesome and I like them.
They were on my short list of wheels also. Fuels/Icons/ Methods.
I ended up with Method 703's.

Measurements wise, it's half an inch I've lost in ride height. I measured from the ground to a portion of the bottom of the front bumper on my vehicle compared to an OBX at the dealership I work at.
OK, 1/2" makes sense, the rest being perspective.
Key word there.

It's noticeable to me. If everything is working fine and as intended and all I'm losing is ride height, then I'm okay with that. I'll just get the leveling kit and call it a day.
That's the issue with "looks" , it's all subjective/perspective/preference. But we both agree something is a little off now.
Do we agree the tire/wheel looks too small?
If so ....

I strongly believe adding a level/lift will only amplify the issue.

Adding the lift will open up the wheel wells which then creates the perspective that the tires are even smaller.
Yeah, the ride height is back to stock, but it MAY look worse than it does now.

We know for a fact that SOMETHING in the new wheel tire combination threw the truck out of visual balance. Adding a lift to too small of a tire probably will not fix that balance. (opinion)

You'd be better off to spend that money on proper fitting tires for the new wheels .... IN MY OPINION.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BravoV4

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They were on my short list of wheels also. Fuels/Icons/ Methods.
I ended up with Method 703's.

OK, 1/2" makes sense, the rest being perspective.
Key word there.

That's the issue with "looks" , it's all subjective/perspective/preference. But we both agree something is a little off now.
Do we agree the tire/wheel looks too small?
If so ....

I strongly believe adding a level/lift will only amplify the issue.

Adding the lift will open up the wheel wells which then creates the perspective that the tires are even smaller.
Yeah, the ride height is back to stock, but it MAY look worse than it does now.

We know for a fact that SOMETHING in the new wheel tire combination threw the truck out of visual balance. Adding a lift to too small of a tire probably will not fix that balance. (opinion)

You'd be better off to spend that money on proper fitting tires for the new wheels .... IN MY OPINION.
Once I get the leveling kit and see how it is I'll know for sure whether it stays or goes. For right now, the wheels/tires don't look small to me, but that could change with the leveling kit as you stated. Thank you for your help @HoosierDaddy

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you are losing ½" of body height, how do you even notice? I bet mine squats more than that with a full gas tank compared to empty. I think you are overthinking this. And, there are so many variables to even measure this accurately. Nice wheels though, not my favorite tire. Rock on.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have to agree with @HoosierDaddy I think the level kit is only going to amplify what looks off to you. I think it might make to large of a gap in the wheel wells and then that will look off

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why those wheels, because they look awesome and I like them. I thought going with the same size wheel and tires wouldn't be an issue
It's not the same size wheel though. It's an inch and a half wider and has a -55 offset compared to the stock ones so your tire sticks out an additional 3 inches
Sponsored