Sponsored

New to the whole Bronco thing... when should I order?

Thumbszilla

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee Summit, 2022 Cherokee Limited
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi everybody! I'm interested in getting a 2-door Bronco at the end of 2023 / early 2024... I'm not in a rush. With that timeline, should I be ordering a Bronco during the rumored February order window or am I fine waiting until the middle / end of 2023? I've read there's a rumored update for the 2024 model, so I'm fine waiting for it unless it's going to push delivery past the middle of 2024. I realize this is all a guess on your part, but I figured you guys would have a better idea than I since I'm new. Thanks for your time and help; have a great day!
Sponsored

Smokeyorange

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak on order
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you order the day orders open, you might get it first quarter of 2024. Most of us have waited over a year from our order dates.

OP
OP
Thumbszilla

Thumbszilla

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you order the day orders open, you might get it first quarter of 2024. Most of us have waited over a year from our order dates.
Does that mean I'd likely get a 2024 model then?

Smokeyorange

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, probably. I ordered January 2022 and I will be a 2023 model at best.

OP
OP
Thumbszilla

Thumbszilla

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, probably. I ordered January 2022 and I will be a 2023 model at best.
So how does that work? From model year to model year options change... availability changes... colors change... etc. Do they come back to you and tweak the order then before it's built?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The crummy part is that ordering in February could mean 2024, or it could mean June. There are still people who have been waiting well over a year, but there are others who waited four months from order to delivery. It just depends on what you order, where you order it from, and whether you're lucky enough to have yours selected to be built.

Looking at the past, you probably want to order as soon as possible.... but there's no way to know. It's unpredictable and just because ordering will open again doesn't mean anything will get faster. We all hope so, but nobody knows. Good luck!

OP
OP
Thumbszilla

Thumbszilla

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is all great information... I can't thank you enough.

One more thing... I'm planning on ordering either a 2-door Badlands or Outer Banks... either being extremely loaded up on options. Have those specs meant an extra long or extra short wait time, or is it truly seemingly random as to what gets built?

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The crummy part is that ordering in February could mean 2024, or it could mean June. There are still people who have been waiting well over a year, but there are others who waited four months from order to delivery. It just depends on what you order, where you order it from, and whether you're lucky enough to have yours selected to be built.

Looking at the past, you probably want to order as soon as possible.... but there's no way to know. It's unpredictable and just because ordering will open again doesn't mean anything will get faster. We all hope so, but nobody knows. Good luck!
Most dealers I have contacted arent even taking orders right now. "No slots left for 23". When do the 24 order banks open?

Smokeyorange

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So how does that work? From model year to model year options change... availability changes... colors change... etc. Do they come back to you and tweak the order then before it's built?
Yes, in November I sat with my dealer and ordered a 2023, options the same but I changed colors.

Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing is confirmed yet. Rumors point to February, but I think most of us learned not to get our hopes up long ago.
I'm the worst off as I had the top FE ordered at Granger back and launch and had to back out due to some personal stuff when it was time to order. Now its been years and I cant even get back in line haha.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its honestly a gamble on when youll get it. Your particular options and dealer allocations will make a difference. I ordered 12/28/21 was built 4/11/22 and shipped 7/21.

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nothing is confirmed yet. Rumors point to February, but I think most of us learned not to get our hopes up long ago.
Ford recently announced that they were going to start selling Broncos in Europe in 2023 .......... I wonder how much that will affect the United States supply ?

scottfwalter

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can tweak the order with your dealer all you want until you get scheduled. For those of us who got bumped from model years, the order was automatically converted to the next model year. The paint color I chose in 2021 was no longer available until 2022 so they defaulted it to black and then I had my dealer change the color.

Ford use to offer price protection but I don't think they are doing that anymore.

You might want to talk to your dealer. Although the order banks are not currently opened your dealer may be taking your info and they will submit an order once the order banks open.

The order banks could perhaps only stay open for a week so I would be ready for when the order banks do open.

dScott

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Genesis G80
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is all great information... I can't thank you enough.

One more thing... I'm planning on ordering either a 2-door Badlands or Outer Banks... either being extremely loaded up on options. Have those specs meant an extra long or extra short wait time, or is it truly seemingly random as to what gets built?
I have a similar spec, ordered in Feb 22. No word from Frod or the dealer as to when it will be built. 2 doors will generally be a longer wait.
Sponsored