Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I called my local dealership earlier this week to schedule an oil change and some other services for today. Normally I take my Bronco up there and sit in the lobby for 3 hours or so waiting. Well, yesterday they called and said they have a new free valet service where they will come pick it up and drop it back off. I quickly agreed cause I got lots of other shit to do at home. Well, they show up this morning to pick up my truck and a little girl is standing at the door. She proceeds to ask for the keys so she can take the car. I nicely asked her if she drove stick. She just deer in the headlights stared at me and said "what?" I repeated "can you drive a manual gearbox?" She said she didn't know what that was. All the while, the other driver is driving away. I told her to go flag them down. They come back and a 50 something yr old guy gets out and I was like OK, this guy can for sure handle it. Well, he killed it backing out of the driveway and stalled out twice before getting to the stop sign 3 houses down the road. I was very relieved when I got the text saying they made it to the dealership. Never again...... LOL!
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I called my local dealership earlier this week to schedule an oil change and some other services for today. Normally I take my Bronco up there and sit in the lobby for 3 hours or so waiting. Well, yesterday they called and said they have a new free valet service where they will come pick it up and drop it back off. I quickly agreed cause I got lots of other shit to do at home. Well, they show up this morning to pick up my truck and a little girl is standing at the door. She proceeds to ask for the keys so she can take the car. I nicely asked her if she drove stick. She just deer in the headlights stared at me and said "what?" I repeated "can you drive a manual gearbox?" She said she didn't know what that was. All the while, the other driver is driving away. I told her to go flag them down. They come back and a 50 something yr old guy gets out and I was like OK, this guy can for sure handle it. Well, he killed it backing out of the driveway and stalled out twice before getting to the stop sign 3 houses down the road. I was very relieved when I got the text saying they made it to the dealership. Never again...... LOL!
I would never use this service. IMO most dealers will use their lot kid to shuffle vehicles around. Then if they get in an accident, will the dealership make you whole again? No one drives my Bronco not even my wife!!!

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would never use this service. IMO most dealers will use their lot kid to shuffle vehicles around. Then if they get in an accident, will the dealership make you whole again? No one drives my Bronco not even my wife!!!
Yeah, I won't use it again. I was trying to avoid spending half my day off at the dealership. Ugh.... oh well.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My sales drone didn't know how to drive a stick. Normally when you buy a car they pull it up front for you. I had to go to be back lot and drive it up myself.

Sponsored

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hilarious!

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's funny...worthy of a video of it.

KJSnider

Badlands
First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I'm not mistaken, then will even do the oil change in your driveway. A mobile service. At least my local dealership will.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My local Ford dealer will come to my house to do basic service. Not that I've taken them up on it.

As far as letting someone drive my MT vehicle, stalling it twice would be a no go. They burn the clutch and it's going to be on you.

Mad Max

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's why all my kids first car/truck was a stick shift.
Times are certainly changing. I thought my daughter was going to call the child abuse hotline when I put her in a Subaru with a stick. Now she thinks it's pretty cool that she can drive a stick and her husband can't.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Manuals are all I've ever owned. First learned on a 1984 Honda accord hatchback. Anytime I drive an auto I feel like Ricky Bobby, I don't know what to do with my hands. Lol, the service manager ended up driving it back to me because he heard they "had a little trouble" getting it to the lot. Thankfully it's only 4 minutes from my house. Lol.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So will they replace your clutch for you when their employees burn it out? :oops:

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So will they replace your clutch for you when their employees burn it out? :oops:
I'm not gonna give then the chance. Not using that service again.
Sponsored