Sponsored

Newbie here... Put in my Reservation for a Base (with Sasquatch)

Xinnes88X

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi All - I have been following Bronco6G for a while now and just put in my reservation for a Bronco (Base with Sasquatch package). I paid the $100 deposit to Ford.com...now I am wondering what happens next? I know there are probably threads for this...but it seems like the discussions were all early on when the reservation system opened. My questions are as follows:

1. I put my reservation and deposit in on 6/29/21. Does this mean that I probably will be getting a 22 Yr Model?
2. I have read the 22 Yr Model ordering will open in September. Is that when my dealer will contact me to get the exact specs for my order?
3. The dealer I am working with right now...basically said "come on down (literally today) to build the bronco". Is that just a ploy to get me into the dealership? Or will they take my build specs and place my order in September when the 22 Yr model ordering opens up.

Thank you for all the advice!
Sponsored

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Unless something changes you will be getting a MY 22 or later with a 6/19/21 reservation date.

Not sure about the other two questions.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi All - I have been following Bronco6G for a while now and just put in my reservation for a Bronco (Base with Sasquatch package). I paid the $100 deposit to Ford.com...now I am wondering what happens next? I know there are probably threads for this...but it seems like the discussions were all early on when the reservation system opened. My questions are as follows:

1. I put my reservation and deposit in on 6/29/21. Does this mean that I probably will be getting a 22 Yr Model?
2. I have read the 22 Yr Model ordering will open in September. Is that when my dealer will contact me to get the exact specs for my order?
3. The dealer I am working with right now...basically said "come on down (literally today) to build the bronco". Is that just a ploy to get me into the dealership? Or will they take my build specs and place my order in September when the 22 Yr model ordering opens up.

Stay tuned. Ford will reach out.

Bert20000

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3, only a dealer can finalize your order. You can't buy directly from Ford.

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations. I was a late reservation/order too. I placed my reservation in late May, and worked with the dealer to convert it in early June.

We don't exactly know what model year you (and me) will get, but it is likely to be a model year 2022. We will know a little more later in the year.

I am sure every dealer is different. With my dealer, they called and said go to the "build your Bronco" page, and when done, copy the web link and email it in to him. He then called to go over everything. A day or two later I got the official email from Ford that my order was entered. There is theoretically a chance that I could get a 2021, as it is a code 19 2021 build, buy my dealer said that it isn't likely and I would be looking at Spring of next year. He said when the 2022 build and price opens up I can go in and see if there is anything I want to change, and they will update the order.

Sounds like he wants to get you in the dealership.

Sponsored

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reserving a Bronco and ordering a Bronco are 2 very different things. The former you can do from your house in your underwear. To perform the latter, you will need the help of your dealer (and I suggest wearing pants). Your dealer is your new best friend. If (s)he is a jerk and/or stupid, get a new friend. Some dealers ask for additional down payment, others don't. Some charge MSRP, some less, some invoice, and some below invoice. Shop around. I reserved 7/19/20, and may still be getting a MY 22.
The very best of luck buddy!

OP
OP
Xinnes88X

Xinnes88X

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congratulations. I was a late reservation/order too. I placed my reservation in late May, and worked with the dealer to convert it in early June.

We don't exactly know what model year you (and me) will get, but it is likely to be a model year 2022. We will know a little more later in the year.

I am sure every dealer is different. With my dealer, they called and said go to the "build your Bronco" page, and when done, copy the web link and email it in to him. He then called to go over everything. A day or two later I got the official email from Ford that my order was entered. There is theoretically a chance that I could get a 2021, as it is a code 19 2021 build, buy my dealer said that it isn't likely and I would be looking at Spring of next year. He said when the 2022 build and price opens up I can go in and see if there is anything I want to change, and they will update the order.

Sounds like he wants to get you in the dealership.
Thank you! Your response helps clarify things for me!

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1: Yes, you will probably get a MY22, whereas myself, who reserved a year ago will probably get shafted to a MY23.
2: I would recommend you talk to your dealer about their pricing structure. If they want to add ADM fees and adjust above MSRP due to "Market Forces" you can change your dealer to another one once. Grainger Ford (Iowa) is still offering Invoice pricing or maybe even Invoice - $1,000.
3: Maybe you found a pro-active dealer.... Most of us have dealers that won't call us or confirm any details. You seem lucky in that way.
4: I know you didn't ask but I'll say it anyway, don't get your hopes up and become bitter like the rest of us (or is it just me?).

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you! Your response helps clarify things for me!
Welcome.

If you did not already find an under MSRP deal with a specific dealer, and the dealer attached to your reservation currently is not willing to provide one, I would encourage you to shop that. Also ask questions about their actual allocation, how many of their orders have been scheduled, etc., just to try, at minimum, to see how informed they are, and how willing they are to provide you inside-baseball numbers.

My story's different, because I reserved 4AM 7/14/20, but dealer attitude and behavior is vastly different, and thus very much worth shopping.

I was with a dealer in Northern Virginia who stood fast at MSRP, so I left, over their condescending advice that I was risking having to get a 2022 or maybe even a 2023. I felt confident in my reservation and specs, so I took the risk.

Went with @DealerInsider at Chapman Ford of Horsham, PA, and, through a lot of luck and the right specs, my build date is now week after next at 3% under invoice pricing, but even if it weren't scheduled, I would still have a dealer that answers questions same day with real info.

Might take a spin by the original dealer and wave ;) once I am driving the beast around.

NVBronco813

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I put in my reservation on 06/18/2021.
And Iā€™m actually going tonight to my dealer to put in the order.
I think he and I both assume Iā€™m actually looking at 2022. Which is honestly fine with me cause then I can delay financing longer and save more of a down payment.

They seem pretty legit but Iā€™ll update if I end up leaving with a F-150. šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Welcome.

If you did not already find an under MSRP deal with a specific dealer, and the dealer attached to your reservation currently is not willing to provide one, I would encourage you to shop that. Also ask questions about their actual allocation, how many of their orders have been scheduled, etc., just to try, at minimum, to see how informed they are, and how willing they are to provide you inside-baseball numbers.

My story's different, because I reserved 4AM 7/14/20, but dealer attitude and behavior is vastly different, and thus very much worth shopping.

I was with a dealer in Northern Virginia who stood fast at MSRP, so I left, over their condescending advice that I was risking having to get a 2022 or maybe even a 2023. I felt confident in my reservation and specs, so I took the risk.

Went with @DealerInsider at Chapman Ford of Horsham, PA, and, through a lot of luck and the right specs, my build date is now week after next at 3% under invoice pricing, but even if it weren't scheduled, I would still have a dealer that answers questions same day with real info.

Might take a spin by the original dealer and wave ;) once I am driving the beast around.
thank u! Appreciate u!
Sponsored

Reactions: R11