Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine a shady dealer with just 2 of his 15 reservations falling through. Be hard to pin that on him.
That is a 13% non close ratio...That would raise eyebrows at Ford...
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is a 13% non close ratio...That would raise eyebrows at Ford...
Thanks! I keep reading about people with two and three reservations at different dealerships and it got me wondering if people were trying to play the system and how that might work.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, that leads me to my next question. Are a chunk of the reservations just cousins or friends of dealership employees that will later cancel their order and allow a dealer to offer $10k over MSRP on a new Bronco? Not sure how Ford stops that.
There are dealer's ordering so they can have stock. Ford has a suggested MSRP but a dealer can mark it up, however a bank probably will not approve a 10k mark up. There's also the flip side of people ordering because they think they can afford it and will drop out too. So there will be chunks on both sides of this.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There are dealer's ordering so they can have stock. Ford has a suggested MSRP but a dealer can mark it up, however a bank probably will not approve a 10k mark up. There's also the flip side of people ordering because they think they can afford it and will drop out too. So there will be chunks on both sides of this.
You are right. If I have to pay $10K more I will wait for the new Raptor.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @NayNay. More information the better for me. It's been 10+ years since I had to go through car purchasing process
If you need any assistance thru your process of buying let me know. You do not have to be buying from my dealership. I am a finance director and have no problem answering questions that fall in my area of work.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so If I live in San Diego CA how could you help???
There are several folks in your area going with Kearny Mesa Ford through their internet manager, Eric Bunch. I recommend contacting him if your reservation was made with a different dealer. If your reservation is with another dealer, you may change dealers one time and it must be before October 31st. I checked with several dealers in SoCal and none of them were prepared to commit in writing that they would not charge over MSRP, that they would honor the X-Plan discount program and that they would not add any dealer-specific add ons not specifically requested by the customer. But Kearny Mesa will put all that in writing. Additionally Eric Bunch is personable, well informed and genuinely helpful. Hope that helps, good luck!
Sponsored