Sponsored

Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection?

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As title states, for those who have taken receipt of their raptors any issues you are finding?

I.e. any of the previous Bronco issues from the OCD checklist seem to apply? Hood dents, loose driveshafts, window alignment issues, hard top alignment, missing hardware, fuse box bolts, harnesses not clipped in, etc

Any transport damage?

Hard tops look sound?

Haven't heard or read much about any delivery issues and so curious what y'all have experienced so far.

For that matter anyone heard any issues with the 3.0's?

Thanks in advance for your time and input.
Sponsored

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mine was missing the toolkit, dealer finally broke down and bought a new one for me.

Also, I had a charging system error the first week of driving it, but that went away. I’m guessing due to it sitting from June to August in Michigan. It goes into battery reserve mode a lot still.

No damage, hard top sits ok, not all the way flush on the passenger side, but not enough to complain about.

Some people had tires that weren’t balanced.

I’m at about 3700 miles. No motor/driveline issues.

OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mine was missing the toolkit, dealer finally broke down and bought a new one for me.

Also, I had a charging system error the first week of driving it, but that went away. I’m guessing due to it sitting from June to August in Michigan. It goes into battery reserve mode a lot still.

No damage, hard top sits ok, not all the way flush on the passenger side, but not enough to complain about.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I have read a lot that the tires/wheels may not be balanced at all from the factory and it's been hit and miss.

When you say not all the way flush on the hard top, which section and have you taken it off to inspect seals and so forth?

How long did yours sit prior to shipping/receiving.

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Rear windshield washer does not spray fluid but can hear pump working when turning it on. Hose probably crimped. Dealer will warranty inspect/fix.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thank you for sharing your experience, I have read a lot that the tires/wheels may not be balanced at all from the factory and it's been hit and miss.

When you say not all the way flush on the hard top, which section and have you taken it off to inspect seals and so forth?

How long did yours sit prior to shipping/receiving.
Ford Bronco Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection? 4253DDB3-BED0-4BA5-B6CF-1DD266DEBA58
Ford Bronco Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection? 6DC4FFF5-7E2A-439E-B04D-8A640F931805

It’s hard to tell in the pics, but it’s the passenger side mid section. Everything looks fine, so idk. It sat from July 1st to about the beginning of September.

6C6C314E-BB37-4BAC-8028-A77DDF6E5D67.jpeg

Sponsored

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection? 6C6C314E-BB37-4BAC-8028-A77DDF6E5D67
Ford Bronco Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection? 6C6C314E-BB37-4BAC-8028-A77DDF6E5D67

It’s hard to tell in the pics, but it’s the passenger side mid section. Everything looks fine seal wise, so idk. It sat from July 1st to about the beginning of September.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

It’s hard to tell in the pics, but it’s the passenger side mid section. Everything looks fine, so idk. It sat from July 1st to about the beginning of September.

That would bug me. I would bring that in to the dealer.

OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
4253DDB3-BED0-4BA5-B6CF-1DD266DEBA58.jpeg
6DC4FFF5-7E2A-439E-B04D-8A640F931805.jpeg

Have you removed the top to inspect the seals and bolts where applicable? that looks pretty badly off in that corner. Surprised no water leakage.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Check alignment on all the doors, my passenger front door sat in 1/4 inch between top and bottom in relation to the fender. Also, seems like a good amount of people
have had cross threaded spare tire bolts, myself included. Check that grab handles are installed correctly at the dash ends, as i had the dash cutting into the carbon fiber grab handle on one side.

OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Check alignment on all the doors, my passenger front door sat in 1/4 inch between top and bottom in relation to the fender. Also, seems like a good amount of people
have had cross threaded spare tire bolts, myself included. Check that grab handles are installed correctly at the dash ends, as i had the dash cutting into the carbon fiber grab handle on one side.
PIcs of any of these issues?

What was the resolution with both? Did you adjust the door or did dealer?

What happened with the stripped spare tire bolt? That's a bummer.

Sponsored

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

PIcs of any of these issues?

What was the resolution with both? Did you adjust the door or did dealer?

What happened with the stripped spare tire bolt? That's a bummer.
i have yet to have the door fixed, dealer wants to send it to a body shop they use in town to fix it and said they would need the vehicle a week.

stripped bolts are being repaired next week.

new carbon fiber grab handle on order.

95DCEC23-CE1F-4D75-B473-9EDA83E1FF11.jpeg

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
4253DDB3-BED0-4BA5-B6CF-1DD266DEBA58.jpeg
6DC4FFF5-7E2A-439E-B04D-8A640F931805.jpeg

I also had an issue with my mid panel on the passenger side. I took it to the dealer and they replaced it quickly.
Ford Bronco Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection? 98496DF7-E166-45C2-8330-E0C5E5ECC32F
Ford Bronco Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection? 5438AC46-2FE9-49EB-A3A4-E49C4CC35894

My other issue was that the intake->turbo inlet tube was completely disconnected! Good thing I popped my hood as soon as I got home. This could have been catastrophic.

Ford Bronco Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection? 52FAB80E-615F-453E-9841-A5BB88663F2F

Lastly my tire carrier bolt was also stripped and replaced.

Noticed all of these issues and repaired or had the dealer replace and I’m 6k miles in with zero other issues. Vehicle has been pretty reliable through the rain, snow, high speed interstate, and some mild off-roading.

OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I also had an issue with my mid panel on the passenger side. I took it to the dealer and they replaced it quickly.
Ford Bronco Newly received Raptors, issues on inspection? 52FAB80E-615F-453E-9841-A5BB88663F2F

My other issue was that the intake->turbo inlet tube was completely disconnected! Good thing I popped my hood as soon as I got home. This could have been catastrophic.

Lastly my tire carrier bolt was also stripped and replaced.

Noticed all of these issues and repaired or had the dealer replace and I’m 6k miles in with zero other issues. Vehicle has been pretty reliable through the rain, snow, high speed interstate, and some mild off-roading.
Great info thank you. Can't believe they even handed it over to you in that condition.

When did you take possession and what was your build date?

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Great info thank you. Can't believe they even handed it over to you in that condition.

When did you take possession and what was your build date?
Blend was 9/8 took delivery 11/3

OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the update, learning some things with this thread.

Seems like top fitment is just as mucked up as every other Bronco variation but will be combing the motor and drivetrain for obvious manufacturing oversights.

Would not have thought to check spare tire bolt threads or inspect turbo inlet or outlet piping right off the bat.

Door adjustment is probably fairly easy to do yourself I would imagine but really lame that it passed Ford's "quality control and inspection" process with such a glaring body line issue.
Sponsored